Possible wins...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I know some think we might slip up on Ark. We can beat State if we play well. Vanderbilt as well. Some think A&M is beatable.

Has anyone thought about Auburn? Their getting less votes in the polls than State. They lost their star running back and their Off. Coord.

Am I wrong in seeing them as beatable for Ole Miss?
Some Random Dude
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

no Gus, Frazier at QB, I say yes
one of Flop's sons
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I have believed for a few weeks that there are more "possible " wins on our schedule than we think. Because I believe we have more talent than we have been poor mouthing about. I saw nothing Saturday to change that opinion. So yes I think Auburn is a possible win. But we also have at least 10 remaining possible losses
Cautiously optimistic.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I have believed for a few weeks that there are more "possible " wins on our schedule than we think. Because I believe we have more talent than we have been poor mouthing about. I saw nothing Saturday to change that opinion. So yes I think Auburn is a possible win. But we also have at least 10 remaining possible losses
Cautiously optimistic.
Yeah, not definite win. I just hadn't heard Auburn discussed in all the 'possible' win scenarios and was curious why. Personally, I just didn't think about them.
Some Random Dude
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I've told people all along that I believe we can be a bowl eligible team. We beat Central Arkansas and if we take care of business against UTEP, you've given yourself a chance to make for a magical night in Oxford, MS against Texas. If that happens, confidence can inspire great things. Even if we lose, and make a respectable showing, that will show ourselves that we belong at the party and you never know what can happen after that.

I feel we are a talented but not deep team. If we remain relatively injury free I will only rule out one game as a possible win, 'Bama. They are beast mode. Does that mean I think we'll be 11-1? Heck no.

I expect to win UTEP and Tulane
We should have a strong chance of competing against A&M, Auburn, Vandy, and State
I would be thrilled to upset one of Texas, Georgia or LSU.

My $0.02
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I'm gonna wait and see if we can beat UTEP. I need to see Auburn at State before I can comment on those two. Its just to early for me to say.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Watching the game last week, I'm scared to death that this defense is in trouble. I think we will be ok on offense, but our defense is a sieve!!!
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JoeRebel wrote:Watching the game last week, I'm scared to death that this defense is in trouble. I think we will be ok on offense, but our defense is a sieve!!!
How the hell you been Joe? Good to see your name on a post! !
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Crazy busy. finishing up my Masters Degree. Contemplating the old EdD. Tired of writing, but with a Doctors I can become a department chair and get work almost all the time. Stopped posting here because I got tired of the negativity and hypocrisy. Thought I would come back with the season and see if everyone was still alive.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think we can now officially add Auburn to the possible win column!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

too bad we don't play UF this yr
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yup, Muschamp's boys are making a par to sub-par Aggie team look like Lombardi's Packers.

To me , this is encouraging. Just a couple of short years ago Florida was the Gold standard for the SEC.

Today, they are (in my opinion) an SEC 9-10 position team. At best.

This with all of the financial revenue, national media backing, enrollment, endowment, etc readily at their hands for their use.

It is premature to say what Coach Freeze can do, but this tells me that the long and short of it is Ole Miss can get up there to National prominence, same as anyone else.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:Yup, Muschamp's boys are making a par to sub-par Aggie team look like Lombardi's Packers.

To me , this is encouraging. Just a couple of short years ago Florida was the Gold standard for the SEC.

Today, they are (in my opinion) an SEC 9-10 position team. At best.

This with all of the financial revenue, national media backing, enrollment, endowment, etc readily at their hands for their use.

It is premature to say what Coach Freeze can do, but this tells me that the long and short of it is Ole Miss can get up there to National prominence, same as anyone else.
indeed. shows how important having the right coach is and also the importance of having a professional Ath Dept