Bench Warmer

I know it's early but what do we think?
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Heath
All American
All American

If we can stop the run, I think we have a good chance of beating them. I am still not impressed with David Ash's passing ability against a good secondary. So, hopefully our defensive front 7 will come in ready to play hard and tough and stop Bergeron, Brown, and Gray, who are all really good RB's.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

UTEP had game total net rushing - 37 YARDS!

Yes I know apples to peanuts, but still 37 yards!! I'm not used to this.

hope is stirring
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Right now I am pleased with the team and the coaching. However, I am afraid that a quaterback with any talent may be able to do damage to our young defense. In the future, they will be good, right now, they need work.
Just another day being better than State.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebel556677 wrote:Right now I am pleased with the team and the coaching. However, I am afraid that a quaterback with any talent may be able to do damage to our young defense. In the future, they will be good, right now, they need work.
From what I have seen the last two years I am not blown away by Ash. If we hit him hard he will get rattled...they haven't really been put on the spot yet..if we can do that I have a feeling they are ripe for the picking. But our support needs to show up big time. I can tell you the folks in Austin think they are going to take Oxford by storm and own it
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

I and badmotorfinger are going to be there with red on!!! Let's see 'em try to own Oxford!
Last edited by beachbumreb on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forward Rebels!
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Well their competition hasn't been much better than ours and they racked up fewer yards against them while thy gave up more...I dunno....gonna b fun!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

From what I have read and heard, there will most likely be around twenty thousand Longhorn fans in Oxford this weekend. Maybe fifteen thousand in the stadium. Its going to be the most visitors we have had in a long time. But I'll be there to be louder than them.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:From what I have read and heard, there will most likely be around twenty thousand Longhorn fans in Oxford this weekend. Maybe fifteen thousand in the stadium. Its going to be the most visitors we have had in a long time. But I'll be there to be louder than them.
I'll be there as well. Can't wait for the game to begin. GO REBS
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:From what I have read and heard, there will most likely be around twenty thousand Longhorn fans in Oxford this weekend. Maybe fifteen thousand in the stadium. Its going to be the most visitors we have had in a long time. But I'll be there to be louder than them.
I'll be there as well. Can't wait for the game to begin. GO REBS
I as well, no matter the outcome I will be lending my voice to the cause.
Randy
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Ahhh this week is going to go by SLOW. To bad I can't find a job ANYWHERE to help me pass the time....
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:UTEP had game total net rushing - 37 YARDS!

Yes I know apples to peanuts, but still 37 yards!! I'm not used to this.

hope is stirring
Well, they ran for around 210yds against the mighty Oklahoma. At the same time, though, they passed for 274 against us and only passed for like 40-something agains the Sooners.

Honestly I don't care how many yards we give up as long as we outscore them.
Some Random Dude
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Just wanted to be the butthole and add that we did not see the RB that ran for all those yards...not sure why???