Arky Knowledge

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Know the game isn't for another week but here are some tidbits about the Hogs this season.

1) Even with Petrino here, Bama would've handled us and Tamu would've been a difficult game to win. That being said, Petrino would've beaten ULM and Rutgers.

2) Ark does have talent. We aren't deep nor great but talented. Few good pro prospects and guys who know their way around the Sec

3) Ark team is seemingly different than a month ago. Last 2 games, Paul Petrino has called OFF plays from the Press Box rather than on the field. Hit/miss results against Aub but lit up UK (everyone is though). Also, they moved Dennis Johnson to starter at RB (Guy that broke the first half draw play for a TD against OM last year). He's quicker and makes the first guy miss a lot. Knile Davis isn't right still.
Def has gotten better as well. The strength is in the Dline. Got some decen playmakers up there. What hurts is the secondary. Very young back there and Mr. Moncrief could have a nice day against us.

4) Lots of injuries for Ark this year. We've lost a lot due to injuries. Gragg (TE) should be back for OM game. He's a difference maker. Lost starting FB, LB and DE for the year already. Not mention Wilson, Gragg, Johnson and a couple of CB's have missed game(s) this season.

I expect this to be a highly contested game. Both teams need it for the same reason, 6 wins.

Questions I could possibly answer?
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

You've answered a couple I might have had about your secondary. We do have our weapons to keep them busy. The students and their 'Feed Moncrief' tee shirts are the 'in' thing. I also agree with you that your play calling against Kentucky was effective. At the same time, let me say that I wish we were playing Kentucky this year for what looks like as close to a guaranteed win as you can get in this brutal league.

For the record: Rebs lead the series in Little Rock, 7-6-1. Lots more Reb fans should show up there than in Fayetteville. I've been to two Little Rock meetings and enjoyed both, win or lose. One game Ole Miss lost 21-0; the other Ole Miss won 17-3. I think the game this year comes down to who plays better defense, actually. No predictions, though. What Vegas thinks will be interesting to observe.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I just read that Arkansas is on a bi- week this weekend as well.....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:I just read that Arkansas is on a bi- week this weekend as well.....

Well........I know they're on a bye week, not sure if they are into the bi weeks or not. :lol: :lol:
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:I just read that Arkansas is on a bi- week this weekend as well.....

Well........I know they're on a bye week, not sure if they are into the bi weeks or not. :lol: :lol:
:shock: you didn't :shock:
:lol:
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

hahahahaha, sorry but that door was WIDE OPEN lol, I had to. :D
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Sounds like we'll have Chris Gragg back this week. Huge bonus for Ark Off. He's a really good pro prospect TE.