Compass Bowl Victory Would Mean

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

that Ole Miss would have the second-highest bowl-win percentage among teams with at least 20 bowl appearances in the country. Only Southern Cal would have a better win-loss percentage. As it stands, no matter what happens with all SEC bowl teams this season, Ole Miss will still have the #1 win-loss bowl percentage in the SEC. Yes, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida and Auburn have been to more bowls, but they haven't won nearly as many of them. Some of those teams are barely above .500.

A 22-12 bowl record would make Ole Miss #2 in the country among teams with 20 or more appearances. Not easy to do. (OM has been to 34 bowls--also in the Top Fifteen.)
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good stuff!

A victory will be a good way to end the 2012 season and a great way to begin 2013. However I am biased.

A Hotty Toddy New Year to All! GO REBS! Fins Up! Lets start this new year the way we want to end it - WINNING.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Fins aside winning this game is important. 7-6 is a winning season 6-7 or even 6-6 is not. Win gives us fantastic momentum going into recruiting, Spring and most importantly the 2013 season. We need to win and I believe we will!
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

It wont be easy. Pitt gave ND a run for their money.
We Are Ole Miss
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

it does mean a lot for the bowl record. can't remember and do know where to look it up but too lazy at the moment but i think we are 2 wins back from being tied with Lsu which would put us 20th on bowl wins. i think we are 2nd in bowl winning % right now but need to win to keep that. 3rd on sugar bowl wins. a third of our bowls are sugar and cotton.

btw if you compare our bowl record with ark it will show a huge difference in w's and l's. no offense to ark but bowl games to me show whether you were over rated or under rated all year.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Arkansas has a 13-23-3 bowl record. Not impressive. LSU's bowl record is barely above .500 at 22-20-1. And, yes, it's generally conceded that a conference is judged by how well it does post-season. With a win over Pitt and a 22-12 record, Ole Miss will continue to lead the way with post-season performance in the league.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

mpzreb17 wrote:It wont be easy. Pitt gave ND a run for their money.
We gave LSU a run for their money, and until a Heisman winner came to Tuscaloosa, Ole Miss was the only team to lead Alabama in a game.

I in no way am saying that this will be easy, but, I do think that we can and will, take this one back to Oxford.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:
mpzreb17 wrote:It wont be easy. Pitt gave ND a run for their money.
We gave LSU a run for their money, and until a Heisman winner came to Tuscaloosa, Ole Miss was the only team to lead Alabama in a game.

I in no way am saying that this will be easy, but, I do think that we can and will, take this one back to Oxford.
and TAM...our D got the 1st INT off that Heisman winner