59,135 attendance!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

I do believe that is a bigger crowd than this years sugar bowl! Great job everyone.
Forward Rebels!
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

You are correct. Sugar Bowl attendance was 54,000something.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Great atmosphere! Great Win! I just got home. Terrible stadium. Terrible area. Terrible bowl to play in.

But HOTTY TODDY!
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Yeah, It looked like close to 60,000 to me. Not many empty seats, and not many Pitt fans. Imagine having to fly down all that way and get stomped like that.

But Legion Field should be put out of its misery. A nasty, rusty stadium that reeks of old age and bygone memories of better times. I spent 90 minutes going 2 miles just to get to the right exit. Worst traffic control ever. Birmingham gets a huge black eye for all of the above. I trust we will never have to go back to this bowl. Onward and upward as a program.
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Titles 'R Us wrote:Yeah, It looked like close to 60,000 to me. Not many empty seats, and not many Pitt fans. Imagine having to fly down all that way and get stomped like that.

But Legion Field should be put out of its misery. A nasty, rusty stadium that reeks of old age and bygone memories of better times. I spent 90 minutes going 2 miles just to get to the right exit. Worst traffic control ever. Birmingham gets a huge black eye for all of the above. I trust we will never have to go back to this bowl. Onward and upward as a program.
What you said...

Traffic was MISERABLE.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I agree. Just got home myself.

However, if it were Istanbul, I'd be happy.

It is hard to say where the program is headed exactly, but it'd be difficult to make an argument against it.

I was both happy and shocked by the turnout. I told my Brother a couple of different times that if our fan base would do this all the time the Vaught should be bowled in easily.

the roller coaster ride continues, but, today, it is great to be an OLE MISS REBEL!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yep! Good game but bad Stadium, I could harp for hours.

Sign on the stadium states home of 96 Olympic Soccer, even the wife went "huh" on that one. Nothing more needs to be said....
Randy
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

OMNOB 1A wrote: I was both happy and shocked by the turnout. I told my Brother a couple of different times that if our fan base would do this all the time the Vaught should be bowled in easily.
I just saw the replay this morning on ESPNU at 7:30AM, and what the announcers said about Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze was all good. The list of top recruits considering Ole Miss seriously, headed by Robert Nkemdiche, was head-turning; and when you consider that RN was there to watch, that Top Ten class that Freeze is courting could really materialize.

As for the turnout, I am confident that season ticket sales and attendance this fall will soar because of renewed expectations. The 3-9 and 2-10 seasons that Nutt produced were not conducive to anything except apathy and frustration. Ole Miss has now officially become a program on the rise, and I think the roller coaster ride is over. I've been watching SEC football as an adult for forty years now, and I know a good, possibly great, head coach when I see one. Freeze is a perfect fit for us, wants to be here and has 'it.' On the replay, we were allowed in the locker room for his pre-game speech. He asked the players in a feisty tone to play for each other, to make the other man successful; it's a great combination of mental toughness and responsibility.

I can't wait for the coming seasons under CHF.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's a good start. Next year will be very telling to see the lessons learned by the young players and the young coach as they welcome hopefully a top 10 recruiting class including a handful who can make an immediate impact.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:Yep! Good game but bad Stadium, I could harp for hours.

Sign on the stadium states home of 96 Olympic Soccer, even the wife went "huh" on that one. Nothing more needs to be said....
they played one or two preliminary qualifying games before the olympics started in Birmingham. It is quite a stretch to call "home to 96 olympic soccer", although admintably the stadium was a little nicer 17 years ago than it is today. Back in the 60's and 70's it was one of the better college stadiums in the nation although it has always been in the slums. Anyway, I don't disagree with anything said though it was nice to have Ole Miss play that close to home. It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the intersection of I20 and I65 and another hour and 45 minutes to go the last seven miles. Fortunately, I knew Birminham well enough to get out of there quickly and it took the normal hour and a half to get home. I'm just glad that I didn't have to walk back to the car after dark.