Henderson........

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

You can think it's stupid if you want to but this team is going to go just as far as Buckner and Hollaway take them. It doesn't do a bit of good to spread the defense if you aren't going to go to the big guys anyway. Most of what they get is off offensive rebounds. There sure isn't anybody passing them the ball because nobody on the team is going to pass it very much. Most of them make up their minds to shoot it before they even touch it. Holloway, .557 fg percentage in 203 shots. Buckner .642 out of 106 shots. Henderson .380 out of 452 shots. Holloways fg% is almost 20% better and Buckners is over 25% better and Henderson has taken roughly 140 more shots than both of them combined. I guess I'm the only person who sees this as a problem. I think we need to get the ball inside more.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

55chevy wrote:You can think it's stupid if you want to but this team is going to go just as far as Buckner and Hollaway take them. It doesn't do a bit of good to spread the defense if you aren't going to go to the big guys anyway. Most of what they get is off offensive rebounds. There sure isn't anybody passing them the ball because nobody on the team is going to pass it very much. Most of them make up their minds to shoot it before they even touch it. Holloway, .557 fg percentage in 203 shots. Buckner .642 out of 106 shots. Henderson .380 out of 452 shots. Holloways fg% is almost 20% better and Buckners is over 25% better and Henderson has taken roughly 140 more shots than both of them combined. I guess I'm the only person who sees this as a problem. I think we need to get the ball inside more.
You site field goal percentages here, a nice statistic to be sure, but, let's hash it out this way:

First let me say that I love Reggie and Murph, but c'mon man, of course they have better FG percentages than any guard. They should. Their job is to play around the rim. I can guarantee that if you and I played horse within the footage that Buckner and Holloway score the majority of their points, it'd be a long game.

I don't care what any of you have to allow, Henderson is special. period.

In addition, of course Henderson has taken the most shots. He is the best player. I cannot say this with certainty, but I bet Bill Cartwright had a better field goal percentage than Michael Jordan during the glory years of the Chicago Bulls. But who took the majority of the shots? Yup, that'd be MJ. He was the teams best player as is Henderson on this team.

It astounds me that as a group there seems to be a level of self sabotage in the Rebel ranks. We are pretty good folks, embrace it.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:You can think it's stupid if you want to but this team is going to go just as far as Buckner and Hollaway take them. It doesn't do a bit of good to spread the defense if you aren't going to go to the big guys anyway. Most of what they get is off offensive rebounds. There sure isn't anybody passing them the ball because nobody on the team is going to pass it very much. Most of them make up their minds to shoot it before they even touch it. Holloway, .557 fg percentage in 203 shots. Buckner .642 out of 106 shots. Henderson .380 out of 452 shots. Holloways fg% is almost 20% better and Buckners is over 25% better and Henderson has taken roughly 140 more shots than both of them combined. I guess I'm the only person who sees this as a problem. I think we need to get the ball inside more.
U just showed your BB knowledge right there. Guess shooting from the 3 point line is as easy as shooting from point blank range. Guess I learn something new every day. And even Hollaway has said as Henderson goes, so do the Rebels. What it boils down to is that u so want to rip Ole Miss it doesn't matter what they're doing, u find fault. Real or not, and in this case, not. This game tonight scares me, and if we lose, I see u coming on here with the 'I told u so's'. :roll:
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

From now on out, each game should scare us! When you are playing well, everyone is ready for you. Tonight is just another test. Will be interesting to see how this team reacts; especially knowing KY is next on their schedule.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I agree. I think tonights game will show exactly how good we are because of the fact that we played only two days ago and we have a huge game coming up on Tuesday that may distract us today. Good teams win consistently no matter who they play, so we will see.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Keep Grinding
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The stats don't lie. Yes the big guys shoot the ball from closer in but what their FG percentage should tell you is maybe they need to be taking more of the shots closer to the rim. If your best shooter is shooting 38-39% from the floor maybe he needs to take better or closer shots also. There is a lot more to being a player than shooting. So far all MH has shown he can do is shoot and even then he's at 38-39percent. You can keep believing he's special if you want to but I've seen special players and he's a far cry from a complete player.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:The stats don't lie. Yes the big guys shoot the ball from closer in but what their FG percentage should tell you is maybe they need to be taking more of the shots closer to the rim. If your best shooter is shooting 38-39% from the floor maybe he needs to take better or closer shots also. There is a lot more to being a player than shooting. So far all MH has shown he can do is shoot and even then he's at 38-39percent. You can keep believing he's special if you want to but I've seen special players and he's a far cry from a complete player.
I think it's more like u think he's no good, but most the teams we play will differ your opinion. They change their whole defense to try and stop him. U and the othe nellies can hate on our team all u want. Shows the kind of true fan yall are. Hey, we're in first place and it's KILLING u and a couple more on here. HOTTY TODDY to us REAL fans. And hope u nellies have a long miserable BB season.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:
55chevy wrote:The stats don't lie. Yes the big guys shoot the ball from closer in but what their FG percentage should tell you is maybe they need to be taking more of the shots closer to the rim. If your best shooter is shooting 38-39% from the floor maybe he needs to take better or closer shots also. There is a lot more to being a player than shooting. So far all MH has shown he can do is shoot and even then he's at 38-39percent. You can keep believing he's special if you want to but I've seen special players and he's a far cry from a complete player.
I think it's more like u think he's no good, but most the teams we play will differ your opinion. They change their whole defense to try and stop him. U and the othe nellies can hate on our team all u want. Shows the kind of true fan yall are. Hey, we're in first place and it's KILLING u and a couple more on here. HOTTY TODDY to us REAL fans. And hope u nellies have a long miserable BB season.

HOTTY TODDY RebelJim!!!!! I agree with you!!!!! There's always going to be something for the nellies to harp on. Always has been, always will be!!!!!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:

HOTTY TODDY RebelJim!!!!! I agree with you!!!!! There's always going to be something for the nellies to harp on. Always has been, always will be!!!!!!!!
HOTTY TODDY to u to batman50. Henderson reminds me of a certain QB that played under Sloan. He was a hot head that opposing fans hated also. Bet the nellies on here would've hated him also. But he was OUR hot head and I loved him. Why? Cause he wore the red and blue. Imagine yall know who I'm talking about. But I could just see yall whinning about John too. Pityful.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I've posted this before, and I will again. This season we are learning what it is like to have a target on our backs. This is what Kentucky deals with almost all the time, although not this year. We are going to take everyone's best shot from here on out, although we've gotten a good game from Vandy, Arkansas, Tennessee (second time) and Auburn already. On one of the basketball highlight shows last night, one of the talking heads said something to the effect that he couldn't believe Kentucky needed to beat Ole Miss in the worst way for a signature win. But that's the reality.

The staff should use that sort of attitude--("Can you believe Ole Miss is on top?")--to motivate our players every time out. Because there are plenty of people out there that are thinking, "Wait until they play Kentucky!" And then they will think, "Wait until they play Florida!" I do think the guys showed us something on a short turnaround last night against an Auburn team, like Vandy and Tennessee, that was gunning for us big-time.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

8-) 8-)
Attachments
Henderson.jpg
Henderson.jpg (36.99 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

^+1 #LayUpGang :D