Missouri

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think Missouri may have just punched their ticket to the NCAA's by beating Florida. I don't think there is any doubt that these are the two best teams in the SEC. The question is will the conference get a 3rd bid.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The thing about Missouri is that they are stout at home and average at best away. Unless they host a regional they probably will be one and done. I really can't see them playing at home during the tournament either. The win against Florida certainly didn't help OM. I just can't see the SEC getting four teams in. To get into the tournament OM may be the only team in the tournament who hasn't beaten a tournament team. Missou was missing their best player when OM beat them.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Nobody hosts a regional in basketball. For instance, if games are played at Rupp Arena, Kentucky is not allowed to play there. All games are effectively played at neutral sites across the country. Missouri will not play at home, nor will anyone else. I don't think Mizzou beating Florida hurts OM. There is no asterisk besides the OM win against Mizzou that says 'was without their best player.' That said, OM simply can't afford to lose any more regular season games. I will add, however, that there is a team currently coming out of left field on a winning streak that might help OM's resume: Tennessee. Should they win the rest of their league games, they could finish in the Top Four. The Ole Miss sweep of them could help when push comes to shove.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Last night they showed the teams on the bubble and Florida as a top 4 team, #1 seed. Ole Miss wasn't on the bubble - they had KY, SC, and Bama. They showed our 8-4 conference record, but apparently do not feel that we can get there. I think we have to win out to get a bid.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Nobody hosts a regional in basketball. For instance, if games are played at Rupp Arena, Kentucky is not allowed to play there. All games are effectively played at neutral sites across the country. Missouri will not play at home, nor will anyone else. I don't think Mizzou beating Florida hurts OM. There is no asterisk besides the OM win against Mizzou that says 'was without their best player.' That said, OM simply can't afford to lose any more regular season games. I will add, however, that there is a team currently coming out of left field on a winning streak that might help OM's resume: Tennessee. Should they win the rest of their league games, they could finish in the Top Four. The Ole Miss sweep of them could help when push comes to shove.
When you're begging for an at-large bid, I think the committee may take the Mizzou win under consideration(with an asterisk).
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

We have to ein tonight. Hope the team wakes up and plays team ball.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:Last night they showed the teams on the bubble and Florida as a top 4 team, #1 seed. Ole Miss wasn't on the bubble - they had KY, SC, and Bama. They showed our 8-4 conference record, but apparently do not feel that we can get there. I think we have to win out to get a bid.
I think that they didn't show us on the bubble because they have us and Missouri in in their current projections.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:Last night they showed the teams on the bubble and Florida as a top 4 team, #1 seed. Ole Miss wasn't on the bubble - they had KY, SC, and Bama. They showed our 8-4 conference record, but apparently do not feel that we can get there. I think we have to win out to get a bid.
I think that they didn't show us on the bubble because they have us and Missouri in in their current projections.
Correct, as of now, we're in.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I think we would all agree that a loss tonight to South Carolina finishes us off. Even State beat South Carolina.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:I think we would all agree that a loss tonight to South Carolina finishes us off. Even State beat South Carolina.
We're in a crappy spot where no win helps us tremendously, but any loss might kill us.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:I think we would all agree that a loss tonight to South Carolina finishes us off. Even State beat South Carolina.
We're in a crappy spot where no win helps us tremendously, but any loss might kill us.
Unfortunately, this is absolutely correct!
RontheReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Agreed about Missouri. We need a top 30 win down the stretch.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We can still lose a game because the selection committee understands that the administration has not fully supported the basketball program....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:We can still lose a game because the selection committee understands that the administration has not fully supported the basketball program....
And I heard the NCAA feels sorry for us cause we have so many nellies as fans.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:We can still lose a game because the selection committee understands that the administration has not fully supported the basketball program....
And I heard the NCAA feels sorry for us cause we have so many nellies as fans.
"Nellie" is not in the NCAA's vocabulary.

Neither are the phrases "Alabama broke the rules..." or "Saban is fined/suspended/disciplined".

Nor are the phrases "Ole Miss is an NCAA tourney lock" or "That Andy Kennedy is a really great coach".
L. S. WHO?