Mark this date

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

This win was huge. Huge huge huge. It marks the beginning of something very special guys. We may only win 6 or 7 this year, but I'm telling you all something big happened tonight.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Rebel PT2
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Last year we lost several late but I think something happened late last year. Team now believes. Young teams and teams that haven't won a lot have to learn how to finish and finish we did.
"I'm not an athlete. I'm a professional baseball player."
-John Kruk
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Agree Chucky.....don't have insight, don't have proof, don't have a crystal ball, but I too believe that Thursday August 29, 2013 was a beginning of a shift....

We may finish 5-7. 6-6 or 7-5 this year, but for some eerie reason I believe history will show it all began tonight....the beginning of a return to prominence.....

Raise a glass to the faithful.....the road has been long....the road has been hard.....while I do believe we may still be in the wilderness, I do believe I see open fields ahead.......Go Rebs!!!
Randy
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This is what I have been waiting for. This was a MUST win for Freeze and this program. IMO his biggest win yet. Just like we put State in our rear view mirror, now too at long last is Vandy! Our QB is healthy and tough as John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Our frosh are LEGIT. Treadwell is unbelievable!

But this defense has to get better and learn to wrap up and tackle instead of blocking.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Oh yeah, and great coaching adjustments in second half!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I thought the offense showed a lot of poise coming from behind. I thought eventually the d would start wrapping up. Giving up the fourth and long play made me want to beat my head against the wall. I really think the D will be fine if they can eliminate those kind of mistakes. It wasn't pretty there at the end, but at the end of the day we are 1-0 in the SEC and we beat a team we've struggled with on their home field, so I'm happy with it!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Rebel_Fire
Water Boy
Water Boy

I'll take ANY SEC road win however we can get it. Just really glad it was Vandy!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Oh yeah, and great coaching adjustments in second half!
I think in the second half, right out of the box, the offensive line made great adjustments and started to wear down the defensive line. By the 4th quarter they were starting to rock their world. The conditioning definitely showed last night.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Oh yeah, and great coaching adjustments in second half!
I think in the second half, right out of the box, the offensive line made great adjustments and started to wear down the defensive line. By the 4th quarter they were starting to rock their world. The conditioning definitely showed last night.
Agreed but the decision to go to Laquon so often in the 2nd half was a great coaching decision.