Seems Terry Brutus out for the year

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ESPN's Andy Katz reported this morning

Ole Miss got two injured players back but lost another. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy said sophomore Terry Brutus is done for the season with a torn ACL, suffered last week in practice. But the Rebels do have forward Aaron Jones back from his ACL injury, which occurred against Kentucky on Jan. 29. Forward Demarco Cox is also back after missing all but seven games last season with a stress fracture in his foot. The depth can still be there for the Rebels up front, despite the loss of Brutus. But the Rebels will go as far as Marshall Henderson can carry them. He is currently suspended but the SEC's top scorer is expected to be back in the good graces by the heart of the season, giving Ole Miss a potent offensive option.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... others-way
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Jim - What is going on with our guys and the knees, and I don't mean this as an attack at Kennedy, but I remember an interview with Calipari last year where he was extremely upset about Nerlon Noels knee injury and said it was the first player he had ever coached to go down with an ACL injury? I thought he has to be lying because it seems we go down with one regularly. I can't believe this is just Calipari being lucky and Kennedy being unlucky?

I ask this question only because it seems like it is an every year occurrence which doesn't seem to be the norm in most BASKETBALL programs not football or soccer. Is it the way they practice? Do they play more pick-up style practices because AK's style is a running fast pace team so they need more full court play to get the team in shape and in their correct lanes for the fast break offense?

I have to believe it is this and not just bad luck. I am trying to promote a discussion, and not point a finger that it is AK fault or he should be fired because of it, but it just seems a casualty to running this style of play don't you think?

I would think this might be used against AK in recruiting by Memphis and the likes. Just like State uses guys needing Tommy Johns or shoulder surgery who pitch for Bianco which I have heard many times.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Bianco leaves his pitchers in too long, hence their arm problems. As for as AK's style of play, that's being played everywhere. Even the NBA has an up and down game. U don't see many big centers in the NBA anymore. There's a few, but not many. It's up and down the court now a days. Just bad luck on the injuries in back to back years. But believe what u will. As for as using it against him in recruiting, he's recruiting better now than ever.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jones got hurt in a game, not preseason or practice. It happens. Does seem like we've had bad luck with injuries here lately.
Some Random Dude