Thoughts from those who made the trip to Austin

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

beers and steers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hi Rebs fans. First, congratulations on the win last weekend and the good start in general.

As an Austin resident and Texas alumnus, I'm always curious about the experience that visiting fans have in the city and the stadium, specifically unusual nonconference opponents. So I decided to register here to ask who went, what you guys did in Austin, stuff like that. Did anyone find their way to Franklin or Mueller for 'cue? Did you guys venture away from 6th street to some of the more laid back areas? Did we treat you guys respectfully for the most part?

PS: as a stadium usher in section 31, i more or less knew the words to hotty toddy by 11 pm saturday night.

PPS: nice question at the end of registration. good thing i'm an elvis guy.
cajunrebel

Had a great time. Wife and I went with 2 other couples who are UTX fans and stayed downtown. Went to Lambert's, Shady Grove, Driscol (?) hotel, 6th St, Shultz's, tailgated and even Hyde Park Bar and Grill for Brunch on Sunday before going back to Houston. All was great except 6th street. We had great seats in section 5 on the 50 yard line. UTX people were very nice but the "entitlement" was oozing out of them. They think that because they are Texas, they should be winning. That's all I will say about their poor, snobby attitudes. Aside from the Ole Miss fans making noise, I thought the UTX fans and band and video/music being played was very, very lame. I heard crickets at one point. My friends pointed out (they went to Oxford with me last year) that our smaller stadium is 10 times louder than theirs. I agree. UTX is currently going through the same thing we did a few years ago. It's time for y'all to kick out the good ol' boy system and get some younger, motivated staff and AD's involved. Also, your fan base sits on their hands at the game. They are the "sit down I can't see" crowd. You need to reverse that. I've seen better fan support/interaction at Rice games here in Houston.

Overall, great time, glad to win, fun for me. Good luck against K State and I hope Mack retires this season and y'all get a better coach. You deserve better.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Elephant Room (on 4th?). Iron Cactus. Double Tree on 15th opened the bar 3 hours early. That's a common theme when the Rebs travel with confidence.

Your fans gladly accept a bad call ( punt team) and throw a hissy 4 minutes later when role is reversed. (head hunting)

Austin is an awesome city. If I was Willie, I'd move there and smoke some weed
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Elephant Room has real jazz from time to time.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Elephant Room has real jazz from time to time.

And they did. It was a nice place.

We had hoped the Speakeasy was going to be good. The Sign was the best part.
beers and steers
Water Boy
Water Boy

We'll thanks to those that replied. I thought the arrogance and entitlement of our fanbase was pretty universally known around cfb. That won't be changing, it's part of the culture.
wmblanks
Water Boy
Water Boy

What do they have to be arrogant about. I personally didn't see anything special in my visit to Austin
Moose