Big IFs for the W!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1. IF we can outrush Bama, we will win!
2. IF we are +2 in the turnover margin, we will win!
3. IF we score a special teams or defensive TD, and they do not, we will win!
4. IF BO does not fumble or throw an INT, we will win!
5. IF we score 43 points, we will win!

All bets are off if they score a special teams or defensive TD..

I watched some clips from last year and both of Bo's ints were just really bad reads.. I feel like he will be better prepared. I think our front 7 is better than A&M, but I do think we might struggle with their passing game. I also think we can and will run on them a lot more this year. They will take something away from us, but I dont see them stopping everything. You gotta believe! The mustard seed is really growing!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I differ slightly on two counts. 1. The biggest weakness of Bama's defense is their secondary. Yes we must run reasonably well... To set up the pass... Because of that 2) I am willing to risk an interception because we must attack them with the pass. Bo is the key to this game. The threat of his passing made the rushing game work better against Vandy and Texas. Against Bama I think it needs to be more than a threat.

Bama is going to score, but we need to limit them to under 30 points I think. And we can NOT give up a special teams game changer.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I differ slightly on two counts. 1. The biggest weakness of Bama's defense is their secondary. Yes we must run reasonably well... To set up the pass... Because of that 2) I am willing to risk an interception because we must attack them with the pass. Bo is the key to this game. The threat of his passing made the rushing game work better against Vandy and Texas. Against Bama I think it needs to be more than a threat.

Bama is going to score, but we need to limit them to under 30 points I think. And we can NOT give up a special teams game changer.

We will have big plays in the passing game, but we have to establish the run for so many reasons.. They will take something away... If we are able to run early, it does open up the passing game later.. Playing on the road in front of a hostile crowd, its so important to be able to run the ball.. Control tempo, clock, and line of scrimmage.. Even if we are struggling to run, Freeze will keep trying.. You can't go one dimensional with Bama. Thats how you get beat down. Both fronts and Bo will be the keys.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Saban is not going to let Jeff Scott keep is 10 yard average this game. Which means we're going to have to pass if that happens. smh.

We gotta play lights out fellas. No mistakes, a perfect game. That's a tall order against the Tide.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A10Rebel wrote:Saban is not going to let Jeff Scott keep is 10 yard average this game. Which means we're going to have to pass if that happens. smh.

We gotta play lights out fellas. No mistakes, a perfect game. That's a tall order against the Tide.

We will be balanced.. He doesnt have to average 10, just needs positive yardage when we attempt to run.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

MageeRebel425 wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:Saban is not going to let Jeff Scott keep is 10 yard average this game. Which means we're going to have to pass if that happens. smh.

We will be balanced.. He doesnt have to average 10, just needs positive yardage when we attempt to run.

please don't be one of those people who say 11:59 isn't 12 o' clock like 9.4 yards per carry is not 10. God that's irritating.

my point is that Saban is going to key on him. He's not going to let Jeff run wild.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

If he keys on Scott when Scott runs wide but some of the time Scott is used as a decoy, won't that enable Bo to get his yards up the middle?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A10Rebel wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

please don't be one of those people who say 11:59 isn't 12 o' clock like 9.4 yards per carry is not 10. God that's irritating.

my point is that Saban is going to key on him. He's not going to let Jeff run wild.

Maybe I missed something on the 9.4 and 10..Was not saying anything about that at all... Im saying that we have to continue to try to run the ball. Heck Scott doesnt have to average 5.. This offense constantly talks about staying on schedule. The way you stay on schedule and in front of the sticks is by having positive plays.. Gives you 3rd and makeable.. If we just say, well Alabama has crappy corners lets just sling it, they will sit back in press cover 2, and that would make it very difficult to hit anything in the passing game. Watch the Egg bowl, Moncrief had a monster game because of the threat of the zone.. A lot easier to beat a guy one on one or have late safety help.. You are right, Saban can key Scott, but that goes back to what I am saying. You cant take everything away.. If you key on Scott, we throw it to the guy that is one on one.. If you take the pass away, we run the zone read.. Gotta pick your poison, which is why we must stay balanced offensively.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Break even on points off turnovers and win special teams = celebration in Oxford.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:Break even on points off turnovers and win special teams = celebration in Oxford.

The more I look at it, the more I would tend to agree with you. I think we need to be +1 in turnovers.. I think +2 guarantees it.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

[/quote]

Maybe I missed something on the 9.4 and 10..Was not saying anything about that at all... Im saying that we have to continue to try to run the ball. Heck Scott doesnt have to average 5.. This offense constantly talks about staying on schedule. The way you stay on schedule and in front of the sticks is by having positive plays.. Gives you 3rd and makeable.. If we just say, well Alabama has crappy corners lets just sling it, they will sit back in press cover 2, and that would make it very difficult to hit anything in the passing game. Watch the Egg bowl, Moncrief had a monster game because of the threat of the zone.. A lot easier to beat a guy one on one or have late safety help.. You are right, Saban can key Scott, but that goes back to what I am saying. You cant take everything away.. If you key on Scott, we throw it to the guy that is one on one.. If you take the pass away, we run the zone read.. Gotta pick your poison, which is why we must stay balanced offensively.[/quote]

I agree.
-Wayne Dyer
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I just have this feeling that if we score more points than Alabama, we will beat them....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:I just have this feeling that if we score more points than Alabama, we will beat them....
Now see, that's where u fall into their trap. U aren't taking into consideration how many of our points the refs take away, or how many points the refs give them. When playing bama, these things ALWAYS need to be considered. And past history proves my point. :ugeek:
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
JustBlues wrote:I just have this feeling that if we score more points than Alabama, we will beat them....
Now see, that's where u fall into their trap. U aren't taking into consideration how many of our points the refs take away, or how many points the refs give them. When playing bama, these things ALWAYS need to be considered. And past history proves my point. :ugeek:
I still can't believe what I'm seeing every time I watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ax7GD5PQE
Some Random Dude
Old Sardis
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeljim wrote:
Very true. The conference office likes having an SEC team in #1 slot, and it makes sense for the commish to remind the zebras that what really happens if Ole Miss wins is that Bama falls out of #1 while the Rebels might move up to #15.

Solution: BEAT BAMA LIKE A RENTED MULE!