Until we...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Can start winning on the road...this program hasn't changed.

Awful so far. Game planning looks terrible as well.

CHF hasn't won a huge game on the road yet as a HC. Well, if you call Vandy huge which I don't.

I hope I'm eating crow at the end of the night but it doesn't look good.
Goroth

A little early to be counting his huge road wins. But I know what you are saying. I also am not going to panic just yet in this game.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We will lose by 3 touchdowns. They have a power run game, we have gimmicks.
Goroth

wildthang80 wrote:We will lose by 3 touchdowns. They have a power run game, we have gimmicks.
So we have an Arkansas St. HC?
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I really think the rest of the SEC will have our *beep* figured out pretty soon.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:I really think the rest of the SEC will have our *beep* figured out pretty soon.
Pretty soon?
Some Random Dude
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Congrats to CHF and the staff for getting out coached the past 2 weeks.

Until this guy shows he can beat a quality opponent and call a good game against a GREAT team...I'm not a believer.

Flame away.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:Congrats to CHF and the staff for getting out coached the past 2 weeks.

Until this guy shows he can beat a quality opponent and call a good game against a GREAT team...I'm not a believer.

Flame away.
Not a flame....to each his own....the way I see it there is plenty of blame to go around......
Randy
Goroth

He is bringing in talent. He can gather some coaching skills along the way. But he better figure it out quick. Gus shouldn't be a much better coach that he is.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cant run and Wallace has to scramble for his life. better learn to block somebody.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:He is bringing in talent. He can gather some coaching skills along the way. But he better figure it out quick. Gus shouldn't be a much better coach that he is.
Orgeron brought in talent
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Every team we beat last year took a step up this year. We did not. There will be no winning season this year, bank on it.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:cant run and Wallace has to scramble for his life. better learn to block somebody.
won't run is more like it. Our two top running backs averaged 9.4 yards between them, but we only used them 10 times. It's time to use I'tavius more.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
bbqit wrote:cant run and Wallace has to scramble for his life. better learn to block somebody.
won't run is more like it. Our two top running backs averaged 9.4 yards between them, but we only used them 10 times. It's time to use I'tavius more.
This I agree on, would like to see I'tavius more.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Ole Miss is only attacking 35 yards of a 52 yard wide field, and it is not because the game plan is not calling for it. It is because there is a limitation that is keeping it, and it is probably more than one. The root cause is the talent or ability, and not the misuse of that talent or ability. Well not completely, but the majority of the reason.

I think Hugh gets a little cute sometimes, but he really is working with what he has and has been all year. There is a reason we try to run outside even when the defense is taking it away, and there is a reason we only throw to the weakside of the field into double coverage, and slot what you call the alley throws of up field passes. You don't have to cover the farside receiver very hard unless Ole Miss rolls out that way.

I am not saying that Hugh has made a ton of adjustments against teams figuring out these traits and limitations to our offense, but I don't think it is as simple as changing a play call or two. It would require changing personnel or finding talent that has been underperforming in practice.

I will agree the Treadwell throwing the ball needs to stop, but I do think Hugh is trying to get that highlight to show top recruits what he is willing to do with them if they come. It is similar to the RK fake punt in Vandy game. Which I am sure top recruits have taken notice, but the problem is a lot of these recruits you are in on are also considering Auburn, and it is always better to beat them than show some cute play.

My take from the Auburn game was Ole Miss made a lot of mistakes, and didn't capitalize on opportunities. The defense missed tackles, receivers dropped balls, QB held the ball too long, the running backs seem to be unable to make yards after contact, and the coaching seemed to call plays with a hint of desperation.

I think Hugh has serious confidence issues with the pieces in his offense right now, and it is showing up in his playcalling and going for it on 4th down decisions. These decisions are effecting the defenses ability, and is the primary reason we are not winning which is why I think it is imperative to him addressing the ability to attack the full width of the field with a passing play and running between the tackles.