Our guys played like warrior's tonight

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We were all hard on them the past few weeks, I mean just look at the scores we predicted on the lsu prediction thread. Despite all of the talk about how we had no chance to stop LSU's offense, our defense came out and played with the heart that I've come to love from Freeze coached teams. Bo was absolutely masterful tonight, he only really missed one throw.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:We were all hard on them the past few weeks, I mean just look at the scores we predicted on the lsu prediction thread. Despite all of the talk about how we had no chance to stop LSU's offense, our defense came out and played with the heart that I've come to love from Freeze coached teams. Bo was absolutely masterful tonight, he only really missed one throw.
Hey I had us winning 31-30. Great game by all involved... Except Neat. They were warriors!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Was also nice to see our unis back! 8-)
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

they all were great! don't care a bad play happened now and then cause that is football. they all were great!!
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

for daddy and us
one of Flop's sons
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

What an incredible game......being from NOLA, THIS was the game I circled in red and was hoping we would win, especially after last year's near victory in Tiger Stadium.

I have to admit that all week, while my heart wanted the Rebels to beat the obnoxious over confident Tigers, my head was telling me that was nearly impossible due to the numerous injuries we suffered over the past two weeks.

Waking up this morning reading the stats and knowing that we held them to half the rushing yards of Alabama, Auburn and TAMU, with HALF our defense makes this victory all the more sweeter.

It's a great day to be a REBEL!!!
lasthog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Dear Rebel Faithful, congratulations on a great win. Freeze obviously has your program going in the right direction. Even though I am an Arkansas fan, I have been looking forward to you guys beating LSU ever since Les Miles had his quarterback take a knee on (I believe) two series against you during Nutts last year. I didn't believe that was a show of class, but rather a display of arrogance, "We are soooo good that we can't help but score any other way." To me, that was trying to embarass a football program with a rich and proud history who was simply going through an unprecedented tough period. (See: my Hogs.) So, congratulations and luck in the future. I don't believe anyone will be embarrassing the Rebls for a while now.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:We were all hard on them the past few weeks, I mean just look at the scores we predicted on the lsu prediction thread. Despite all of the talk about how we had no chance to stop LSU's offense, our defense came out and played with the heart that I've come to love from Freeze coached teams. Bo was absolutely masterful tonight, he only really missed one throw.
We weren't all hard on them. There were a few that still believed last week. We have a great chance to win out. Let's get it down.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
We weren't all hard on them. There were a few that still believed last week. We have a great chance to win out. Let's get it down.
But if I'm not mistaken I believe only one of us predicted victory. Maybe two ;)
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:But if I'm not mistaken I believe only one of us predicted victory. Maybe two ;)
I didn't make a prediction, if I would have it would probably been in the area of 38 - 20, LSUX.

However sitting in the stadium, as LSU was about to kickoff, I had a calm come over me. I turned to my daughter and said we got this.......she looked at me like I had grown a second head...

Can't explain it, never really felt that feeling before. I have been optimistic, been hopeful, but never been confident about a big game as I was last night. Funny thing is, with the shape we were in, my comment should have been I hope we don't get embarrassed.....
Randy
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I didn't think there was any way OM would win against LSU. We had too many injuries. I still think this one is on Les Miles and the game plan. They could have run the ball right at us and for the most part didn't. I think Freeze has the program headed in the right direction and haven't been critical of him in any way. His team plays hard and leave it on the field. There still may be some growing pains but I love to watch them play.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
But if I'm not mistaken I believe only one of us predicted victory. Maybe two ;)
That u did Chuck, positive thinking, I like that. I didn't make any prediction, but I did take the Rebs +10. Freeze is a very good man to bet on. His teams usually cover. Chuck, a question, I'm curious to know what u think of awbarn now. I think they're showing with the talent they had, all they needed was a QB and coach, which they definitely have now.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: But if I'm not mistaken I believe only one of us predicted victory. Maybe two ;)
That u did Chuck, positive thinking, I like that. I didn't make any prediction, but I did take the Rebs +10. Freeze is a very good man to bet on. His teams usually cover. Chuck, a question, I'm curious to know what u think of awbarn now. I think they're showing with the talent they had, all they needed was a QB and coach, which they definitely have now.
not trying to debate but I think that Malzahn is the difference and IMO he outcoached/prepared Freeze and Sumlin. I hate to admit that because I have always said he was overrated. I don't for a minute believe that Auburn had more talent than A&M or us when we played them. But I also believe that Freeze outcoached Miles. The reason I was and am still so upset about the loss to Auburn is that they are one of the teams we must stay ahead of in development before we can challenge the two big boys in the west (LSU and Bama) on a consistent basis in our ultimate goal of a trip to Atlanta. Auburn was behind us in that progression coming into this year and now IMO they have passed us again and IMO that is because of Malzahn and could potentially cost us a recruit or two. And that disturbs me and concerns me. No matter what ultimately happens this year I will look back to that game as a game we could have and should have won. And if we would have it could have set up an even more special season. Still think we have a good shot at 8 wins and outside shot at 9. But all of that is just my opinion and I am ecstactic that we beat LSU and I really love how coach Freeze coached and how he approached the QB situation particularly in the second half. I will form my ultimate opinion about Auburn's talent and Malzhan's coaching when they face Bama. Because Auburn has played some horrible defenses thus far. I am really disappointed in how poorly SEC defenses are playing with the exception of Bama and maybe Mizzou. It's like the Big 12 is rubbing off on us. And I don't think it is all good offense, I think a lot of it is just bad defense.
RebLG
Water Boy
Water Boy

In today's 25/85 scholarship environment, it is almost always going to come down to who best coaches up their respective team. Is HF the best in the SEC? Right now, no. But if given the choice between the 14 heads in the SEC, Freeze would be my pick. He is energetic, positive, ethical and humble in everything I have seen or heard from him. He may prove me wrong in the long run. But until then, I am all in for the head football coach at Ole Miss. God bless the Rebels on and off the field!
Reb LG
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Last night was a testament to how much our boys wanted to win. They knew how close they came last week and that taste never left their mouth. Once again, everyone played solid considering the deficits.