Ark Info

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Hey Folks,

Haven't been on the board as much as in years past but will be here this week for any questions/comments. Here's some info on my piggies:)

Bielema is a good HC. He knows how to build the team in the right way. He's building it from the inside/out. Starting 2 Freshman OL and some on the defense. I like him a lot. He's totally different than BP and we'll see if it works or not.

Offense-Hogs can run the ball a bit. They have a very talented FR RB in Alex Collins (5 star) that isn't top end fast but great vision for a FR. He needs to get stronger but he's a good looking FR. Jonathan Williams is the Soph that is a decent RB. He's a bigger load of the 2. Kiero Small is the FB/RB that will they will get a few touches in as well. Brandon Allen is a RS Soph that has good measurable but he's been hit a lot. His footwork is terrible and they don't trust him reading the defenses a lot. So, we throw deep, to the sidelines and etc a lot. Passing game is bad since we have no WR's. Do have an outstanding FR TE in Hunter Henry. He's a dandy and could give OM trouble (remember, Gragg gave OM trouble last year until he got hurt).
Ark will throw the kitchen sink at OM Offensively. We'll do Wildcat, spread and lot of I-Form. None of it usually works. ha.

Defense-Hogs are pretty bad, no way to sugar coat this. ha. Do have a decent front. The 2 DE's are good (Flowers/Smith) and Philon the DT is a good FR. We've went young at RB and at times will only have FR or SO's out there. Lot of the upper classmen have lost their spots so, we are going with younger guys now. We bite on pretty much any fake, not very good at staying in lanes and our secondary is really bad. Gus' offense gave us a lot of issues with the fakes/men in motion so I expect Freeze to do a lot of that. Also anticipate a lot of big plays by OM. Bama hurt Ark badly with cut backs on Zone plays and such. OM's RB's are quick and that scares me.

ST's-Ark is actually quite good. Have the most kickers/punters I've ever seen. Got Irwin-Hill who can punt with both feet. He's uncorked a 70plus yarder, he's also done 3 or 4 fake punts as well (running/throwing both). Hocker, the best Kicker in the school's history, can also punt as well. We had an onside kick last week with 3 kickers out there. We did a fake FG last week as well. We have to do stuff like this to get big plays since we can't generate them on our own.

Intangibly-With such a young team, we've had problems dealing with adversity. The upperclassmen we do have aren't mentally tough to be honest. There's no one here right now to say "this is how we do things when this happens/that happens". Hence the big losses to good teams. We showed some fight against Aub this past week. I actually got excited for the first time in like a month or so. ha. Aub did a fake injury deal that got me fired up a bit. ha

OM should win this game by 2 or 3 scores. Ark did do a good job of keep away against Aub but spotted them too many scores. Marshall couldn't throw so, that limited Aub. Wallace will be able to throw and that should make OM more potent.

More than happy to field any questions or etc.
ReconRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Well, Coach Bielema brought his own good looking blonde with him so he won't be as distracted as Petrino .
This game worries me a great deal. Your Hogs are the best 3-6 team going.
I've been looking for an injury report to no avail -- so I can only assume that Arky will be at full strength .
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

ReconRebel wrote:Well, Coach Bielema brought his own good looking blonde with him so he won't be as distracted as Petrino .
This game worries me a great deal. Your Hogs are the best 3-6 team going.
I've been looking for an injury report to no avail -- so I can only assume that Arky will be at full strength .
ha. His wife is a looker:)

Bielema seems to be a decent guy and a good HC. He just doesn't have many bullets to fire at this point. His recruiting is going well though.

Yes, we are pretty healthy. Our QB Allen has been hurt pretty much all year. Separated his shoulder in Wk3 and usually gets rocked a few times a game. He got cleated last game in the first series so, his mobility (normally better than avg) might be affected. Rest of our team is healthy. we started with 8 straight games so, think we were really beaten up after the Bama game. We seemed fresher last week against Aub.