The two ints by Wallace

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We're ridiculously stupid passes to throw. Those two mistakes nearly cost us big time .
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

I agree that neither was a good decision but he only has 5 compared to about 15 this time last year. I'll gladly take the improvement.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:We're ridiculously stupid passes to throw. Those two mistakes nearly cost us big time .
Do you watch football regularly?

The first one, Moncrief either stopped his route or was cut off by the defender(I think he was cut off).

The second one was on 4th down and we called time out to get a play and even after the time out they didn't get the play called in promptly. What would you have had him do? Run it out of bounds or take a sack? That was as good as a punt.

No interception is good, I'll give you that, but pay attention and you will realize some are worse than others. Like last year when he'd throw it right at a defender.

I don't know if you're on Twitter, but all of the writers were talking about the INT's not being bad INT's.

Dude, threw for 400 yards and 3 td's and you wanna blame him? Ridiculous.

The defense did not play well. They let Arkansas run on them. If Bielema hadn't gotten cute with that halfback pass, it could've been closer. And there was also some questionable playcalling again.

But, it's over. We're bowl eligible. And we've got a shot to close out and get a really good bowl.
Some Random Dude
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

No..... They were terrible interceptions . They were both thrown off the back foot and into double coverage...... What I'm saying is we can't have that in upcoming game because is will cost us .
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The first interception Moncrief stopped his pattern but Bo still shouldn't have thrown it. That's on Bo. The second was every bit as good as a punt and I think contributed to by the inexplicable inability of the staff to figure out what the hell they want to do. Regardless, we don't win this game, Texas, LSU or Vandy without Bo Wallace at QB. Great game for our receivers as well! Bring on Mizzou!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm not so much worried about the 2 picks as I am the sluggish performance on both sides. Got to love that our boys came through, but no reason to settle for field goals once you get inside the 20 much less the 5.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:I'm not so much worried about the 2 picks as I am the sluggish performance on both sides. Got to love that our boys came through, but no reason to settle for field goals once you get inside the 20 much less the 5.
Play calling at goal line on third possession was Nutt like but I think that when you throw for more than 400 yards I'm not gonna complain too much. Defense had one real bad drive and some bad tackling but part of that was Arky has some good rb's. Good win. Bring on Mizzou!
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:No..... They were terrible interceptions . They were both thrown off the back foot and into double coverage...... What I'm saying is we can't have that in upcoming game because is will cost us .
On the second one, please enlighten me. What would you have him do? Remember it's 4th down. He running for his life. He can't run it(Arkansas had him covered). He runs out of bounds, Arkansas gets it on the 40. Same if he takes the sack. He throws the ball away and Arkansas gets the ball at the 35. You do know QB's are taught to do exactly what he did on 4th down when no one is open?

First one, Moncrief got cut off by the defensive player as Bo released the ball. It was double coverage, yes. He missed on what 6 passes today. This game was close b/c the defense couldn't stop their offense. Not b/c Bo Wallace played bad. Everyone and their mother is talking about what a great game he played... except you.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:I'm not so much worried about the 2 picks as I am the sluggish performance on both sides. Got to love that our boys came through, but no reason to settle for field goals once you get inside the 20 much less the 5.
Play calling at goal line on third possession was Nutt like but I think that when you throw for more than 400 yards I'm not gonna complain too much. Defense had one real bad drive and some bad tackling but part of that was Arky has some good rb's. Good win. Bring on Mizzou!
I'm complaining on every 93 yard drive that ends with only 3 points!
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

And the Wallace bashing begins, some of you so called rebel fans are just sad. Bo Wallace has been playing his a$$ off, give the kid some credit please. I'm glad he's our qb!!!!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

P-nut wrote:And the Wallace bashing begins, some of you so called rebel fans are just sad. Bo Wallace has been playing his a$$ off, give the kid some credit please. I'm glad he's our qb!!!!

The Ole Miss offense threw for a season-high 419 yards, including a career-high 407 yards from junior quarterback Bo Wallace
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:
P-nut wrote:And the Wallace bashing begins, some of you so called rebel fans are just sad. Bo Wallace has been playing his a$$ off, give the kid some credit please. I'm glad he's our qb!!!!

The Ole Miss offense threw for a season-high 419 yards, including a career-high 407 yards from junior quarterback Bo Wallace
And he is getting bashed by his own so called fans. doh!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

P-nut wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:

And he is getting bashed by his own so called fans. doh!!!
He will be the best returning QB in the SEC next year.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I think Wallace absolutely played his best game as a rebel today. What I was saying is the two interceptions were bad interceptions. Wallace is a great qb and if he comes back he very well may be top 5 best rebel qbs ever.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I think Wallace absolutely played his best game as a rebel today. What I was saying is the two interceptions were bad interceptions. Wallace is a great qb and if he comes back he very well may be top 5 best rebel qbs ever.
And I'm saying you're wrong.
Some Random Dude