To Those Of You...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

To Those of you who are disappointed in our start. All I will say is this. Think about where we were 2 years ago.... 6-3 feels a helluva lot better than 2-10!!! Fins up!!!
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We could easily be 6-2 against a schedule that currently features three Top Ten teams, another that is ranked again and leading its league (Texas), a fifth that will likely finish in the Top Twenty and was in the Top Ten when we beat them (LSU) and a sixth that could easily finish with nine wins (Vandy). And we could still finish with 10 wins if we win out, including our bowl game. No way should any fan be disappointed with that. Freeze keeps raising the bar of expectations--but more importantly, he keeps getting results. It's all good.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze says in an interview that he didn't expect to go bowling until the 3rd season.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Freeze says in an interview that he didn't expect to go bowling until the 3rd season.
I think he coached like that early last year. But something clicked in the EGG Bowl and he has been coaching with a winners mentality ever since, with the exception of the Auburn game IMO. We can win out and win NINE games. And IMO there may be a small window early next seaaon to make a move on Bama. Mizzou and State are the keys. If we coach and play like winners.... I think GREAT things are within our grasp! Feeling good!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Freeze says in an interview that he didn't expect to go bowling until the 3rd season.
I tend to agree, last year was a total surprise.....this year has a chance to be a surprise to me, I was pretty much on the 7-5 fence (thanks to the strong finish last year), figured we would win and loose one or two we shouldn't.

The surprise is we haven't lost the one or two we shouldn't, but keep in mind we are sitting at 6-3, we are a Jeff Scott run and a Andrew Ritter field goal away from possibly being 4-6. Winning in the fourth quarter or snatching victory from the jaws of defeat has been the improvement that has impressed me the most.

Still think we are a 7-5 team, that is good enough to steal a few here and there giving us a 8-4 or 9-3 record, next year I really believe we start seeing what this program can and will be.....
Randy