Replaying the game while driving home.....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

When we got stuffed down on the S end fron the 1/2 yd, if we had a big back
like Parker or even Gross doing the Frig thing we might stick it in. Understand
we need the small quick backs to run this spread. We might have needed 7
instead of 3. Just thinking.....Still a good win.....
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think if we had Brunetti in as RB and they had to respect Bo's passing and Barry's power running. We would score by run or pass almost every time.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I think if we had Brunetti in as RB and they had to respect Bo's passing and Barry's power running. We would score by run or pass almost every time.
I think we'd all like to see that. But, I think 'rebuilding' is on Freeze's mind despite the early success. So, with that in mind, I believe he's doing his best to not burn a redshirt for either Kincade or Buchanan. I get it.

My hope is that Brunetti knows all of this and will give RB or slot receiver a shot at the Pro Day. I think he could be a great slot receiver in the NFL.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I think if we had Brunetti in as RB and they had to respect Bo's passing and Barry's power running. We would score by run or pass almost every time.
I think we'd all like to see that. But, I think 'rebuilding' is on Freeze's mind despite the early success. So, with that in mind, I believe he's doing his best to not burn a redshirt for either Kincade or Buchanan. I get it.

My hope is that Brunetti knows all of this and will give RB or slot receiver a shot at the Pro Day. I think he could be a great slot receiver in the NFL.
If God forbid Bo gets hurt, Barry could go back to QB. I know I'm speaking to a vacuum, but I think about it every time I see Barry run. I think about the Randall's.... Cobb and Mackey!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah, but Barry's already missed time this year with a sore shoulder and Bo is coming back from surgery(some say he still isn't 100%, scary). So I get why Freeze doesn't do it. But, I think it would be a deadly combo for opposing D's.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I could have a heart attack during sex......doesn't mean I'm avoiding it 8-)
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I could have a heart attack during sex......doesn't mean I'm avoiding it 8-)
Dead silence after that. I'm on your side. I wanna see BB at RB. Just saying I understand why Freeze isn't doing it.
Some Random Dude
Old Sardis
Water Boy
Water Boy

Line 'em up as tailbacks in a modified single-wing or box & let the defense try to figure out which one of 'em gets the snap! LOL!
nkemdiche_smash
Water Boy
Water Boy

Old Sardis wrote:
Line 'em up as tailbacks in a modified single-wing or box & let the defense try to figure out which one of 'em gets the snap! LOL!
I, like many, have liked this idea for some time. I always said I would like to see Brunetti next to Wallace on one side and then Mathers/Walton/Dodson/Scott (my preference near the goal line would be the bigger back Mathers) on the other. Then you could do double hand offs or choose who to hand it off/direct snap. The options are really wide open with two QBs and two RBs receiving the snap. I also think it could be something to build on next year when we have a player like Switchblade that we want to get some snaps, but will most likely be playing behind Dr. Bo.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
lewindha wrote:

If God forbid Bo gets hurt, Barry could go back to QB. I know I'm speaking to a vacuum, but I think about it every time I see Barry run. I think about the Randall's.... Cobb and Mackey!
No way Freeze uses Barry as a RB, that's his backup QB. If Barry were to get hurt, then he would probably have to take a red shirt from one of the 2 freshmen QB's, and he doesn't want to do that.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We will all have to agree to disagree. I am not buying the injury reason. When Barry plays now he is basically playing running back and is subject to injury and in fact has been injured. Just think it is a missed opportunity for us and for Barry. I think our two most effective power runners are Barry and Bo.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:We will all have to agree to disagree. I am not buying the injury reason. When Barry plays now he is basically playing running back and is subject to injury and in fact has been injured. Just think it is a missed opportunity for us and for Barry. I think our two most effective power runners are Barry and Bo.
Chuck, the chance of Barry getting hurt is EXACTLY why Freeze won't use him at RB. Barry has gotten hurt playing QB already, and so there's no way Barry plays RB. He wants both freshmen QB's redshirted, so we need a healthy Barry to spell Bo. But like u said, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:We will all have to agree to disagree. I am not buying the injury reason. When Barry plays now he is basically playing running back and is subject to injury and in fact has been injured. Just think it is a missed opportunity for us and for Barry. I think our two most effective power runners are Barry and Bo.
Chuck, the chance of Barry getting hurt is EXACTLY why Freeze won't use him at RB. Barry has gotten hurt playing QB already, and so there's no way Barry plays RB. He wants both freshmen QB's redshirted, so we need a healthy Barry to spell Bo. But like u said, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's common sense why it isn't happening Jim. Glad someone else sees it.