Fire Freeze.....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

and burn him at the stake!!! He lost to stank!!
I don't really mean that but this loss was painful to watch. I don't blame Freeze entirely. He can't help players dropping passes and QB's throwing interceptions. I have some issues with his playcalling but I've been relatively silent about it.

My problem is that I feel he completely threw Bo under the bus at his halftime comments. If I were trying to inspire confidence in someone, I wouldn't say to a national audience that this is his "worst game". It got under my skin in a big way. To me, this sounds like something Les Miles would do...or Bobby Petrino(abomination).
Rule #1.......Don't panik
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

To me, the problem is that, for an offense with multiple sets, formations, and movement, we are entirely to predictable.
Just another day being better than State.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I wish everyone could see this for what it is. A tough loss to a good team. We were even with State all year. Every loss they had was to better teams. Top teams. Just like us. One of us had to lose this game and it took overtime for one of us too do so. The home team in this series has been dominant for a long time now. Nothing changed.

Bo Wallace played the worst game of his Ole Miss career. No explaining or justifying his play and even after the terrible job he did, he still found a way to choke in overtime. This loss is all his in my opinion.

You all really need to step back and realize that State is a legit program whether you like it or not. We are not better than them nor are we entitled to beat them every year. And the way you feel right now about losing to them is how LSU felt after losing to us. You can't always beat a rival, especially when beating you makes their season.

Mark it down folks, Rebs lose in Starkville. Get used to it. On the Brightside, Rebs win in Oxford.

Might be time for some of you to start giving Dan Mullen credit too. Hes a very good coach and he certainly understands how State works. And the Egg Bowl. He has dominated Ole Miss in the series and he hasn't had the most talent between the two teams. I think his recruiting woes are because he is at State. He made this season about going bowling and returning "their trophy" to Starkville. We desperately need him to take another job.

Anyway, one thing is certain. Under any Ole Miss coach, with any qb, we lose in Starkville.

I mean really, this team beat Texas and LSU, but couldn't beat MState. Prolly says more about MState than it does our team. I live and work in Columbus and I get the pleasure of hearing about this game and the fact that State has won 4 or the last 5 Egg Bowls for the next year. I get to see MState put up billboards with the score and the Egg Trophy all over Columbus. I get to listen to State fans tell me why they are so much better. Thanks Ole Miss. I envy you guys that don't live around here. It is a terrible place for a Rebel fan to be.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:I wish everyone could see this for what it is. A tough loss to a good team.

Mark it down folks, Rebs lose in Starkville. Get used to it.

Anyway, one thing is certain. Under any Ole Miss coach, with any qb, we lose in Starkville.
Dude, this is madness! I will NEVER accept this BS! We can't accept that we're gonna lose in Starkville!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:I wish everyone could see this for what it is. A tough loss to a good team.

Mark it down folks, Rebs lose in Starkville. Get used to it.

Dude, this is madness! I will NEVER accept this BS! We can't accept that we're gonna lose in Starkville!!!!!!!!!

Well we have only won there 3 times since they brought it back to campus in 1992. Had a lot of coaches and QBs since then.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Doesn't mean we should accept that kind of mediocrity! There is a reason we've had that many coaches since then!

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:Doesn't mean we should accept that kind of mediocrity! There is a reason we've had that many coaches since then!

Clearly changing coaches every few years hasn't worked out that well.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

proud2breb wrote:Doesn't mean we should accept that kind of mediocrity! There is a reason we've had that many coaches since then!

Look back at the last 40 years. We HAVE been mediocre at best and if we don't at least see what he can do with a full roster of his recruits then we will just continue to be so.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Chucky_38 wrote:I wish everyone could see this for what it is. A tough loss to a good team. We were even with State all year. Every loss they had was to better teams. Top teams. Just like us. One of us had to lose this game and it took overtime for one of us too do so. The home team in this series has been dominant for a long time now. Nothing changed.

Bo Wallace played the worst game of his Ole Miss career. No explaining or justifying his play and even after the terrible job he did, he still found a way to choke in overtime. This loss is all his in my opinion.

You all really need to step back and realize that State is a legit program whether you like it or not. We are not better than them nor are we entitled to beat them every year. And the way you feel right now about losing to them is how LSU felt after losing to us. You can't always beat a rival, especially when beating you makes their season.

Mark it down folks, Rebs lose in Starkville. Get used to it. On the Brightside, Rebs win in Oxford.

Might be time for some of you to start giving Dan Mullen credit too. Hes a very good coach and he certainly understands how State works. And the Egg Bowl. He has dominated Ole Miss in the series and he hasn't had the most talent between the two teams. I think his recruiting woes are because he is at State. He made this season about going bowling and returning "their trophy" to Starkville. We desperately need him to take another job.

I mean really, this team beat Texas and LSU, but couldn't beat MState. Prolly says more about MState than it does our team. I live and work in Columbus and I get the pleasure of hearing about this game and the fact that State has won 4 or the last 5 Egg Bowls for the next year. I get to see MState put up billboards with the score and the Egg Trophy all over Columbus. I get to listen to State fans tell me why they are so much better. Thanks Ole Miss. I envy you guys that don't live around here. It is a terrible place for a Rebel fan to be.
I'm speechless with this post...

"Rebels lose in Starkville. Get used to it."

My god the Rebel fan base is so beat down it's disgusting.

Did you watch the game? IF we had a somewhat legit playcaller....we win that game by 3 TD's.

CHF has single handely lost us 4 games with his playcalling. This offense down in the Red Zone is nothing short of pathetic. It's killed this team.

Again, CHF has LOST us FOUR games alone because of the pathetic play calling. Running 150lb backs up the middle on short yardage situations EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Please, for the love of God line up under center just ONCE and do a QB SNEAK.

This post reeks of what is at Ole Miss...pure mediocrity.

You can be satisfied with it...

As for me?

This university won't get a dime for me again until they unload the brinks truck to bring a guy that's going to take us to BCS bowls instead of Liberty Bowls.

CHF=Mediocrity....end of story.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: A tough loss to a good team. We were even with State all year.
Either you have watched a different Miss State team this year or our standards for what's considered "good" differ vastly. Other than us, Mississippi State has only beaten five other teams, all of whom are sitting at home with a losing record. They played three pitiful non-conference teams whom they beat. They had two wins in the SEC, both squeekers against the two worst teams in the SEC. They are on the lowest tier of the SEC and after last it appears that we are hovering around there as well. Miss State may be good in the realm of CUSA teams but they are very poor in the realm of SEC teams, which is where we are. If we can't beat a poor SEC team, then we will be lucky to ever see seven wins again, much less competing for a championship, which in my opinion is the only reason to participate in sports.
Last edited by JustBlues on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

JustBlues wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote: A tough loss to a good team. We were even with State all year.
Either you have watched a different Miss State team this year or our standards for what's considered "good" differ vastly. Other than us, Mississippi State has only beaten five other teams, all of whom are sitting at home with a losing record. They played three pitiful non-conference teams whom they beat. They had two losses in the SEC, both squeekers against the two worst teams in the SEC. They are on the lowest tier of the SEC and after last it appears that we are hovering around there as well. Miss State may be good in the realm of CUSA teams but they are very poor in the realm of SEC teams, which is where we are. If we can't beat a poor SEC team, then we will be lucky to ever see seven wins again, much less competing for a championship, which in my opinion is the only reason to participate in sports.
Bingo...

Spot on my friend...spot on.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

In 2 years Freeze has a top 10 recruiting class, 2 winning records, and a win over a top 10 conference opponent. No, that doesn't mean we crown him coach for life, but let's allow him the opportunity to build some depth with more great recruiting classes. We suffered some huge injuries on the DL and OL this year that were hard to overcome.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:In 2 years Freeze has a top 10 recruiting class, 2 winning records, and a win over a top 10 conference opponent. No, that doesn't mean we crown him coach for life, but let's allow him the opportunity to build some depth with more great recruiting classes. We suffered some huge injuries on the DL and OL this year that were hard to overcome.
He's also lost several games with poor playcalling and one last night could hurt more off the field than on.

A guy making millions is not above reproach. Most sane fans aren't even close to saying fire him. That's dumb. But, if you don't see a downward trend in this team, then I need to get my red and blue sunglasses where you get them.
Some Random Dude
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Let him recruit and let someone else call the plays. It is so obvious that play calling is not his strong point. Tough loss last night. Woke up this morning and still can't believe we lost that game.
Last edited by texasrebel on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebelbear wrote:In 2 years Freeze has a top 10 recruiting class, 2 winning records, and a win over a top 10 conference opponent. No, that doesn't mean we crown him coach for life, but let's allow him the opportunity to build some depth with more great recruiting classes. We suffered some huge injuries on the DL and OL this year that were hard to overcome.
He's also lost several games with poor playcalling and one last night could hurt more off the field than on.

A guy making millions is not above reproach. Most sane fans aren't even close to saying fire him. That's dumb. But, if you don't see a downward trend in this team, then I need to get my red and blue sunglasses where you get them.
Let me borrow those glasses Eric, I could use them. Last night was bad, no other way around it. Heck, yesterday was bad. My Packers got beat worse than they've been beaten in a LONG time. Plus, I didn't do too well putting a little "fun" on the games yesterday. I only won on Baltimore. My Rebels losing to state, say it ain't so.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food