Congrats to Auburn!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That's what a GREAT coach can do. I was happy to see Bama and Saban fall. Bet Nick's kicking himself for b.tching at the refs to put a second back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goroth

I wasn't at all. Pretty much means no NC for the SEC for the first time in what 7 years? Not a chance Auburn gets past Ohio State or Florida State. Just got to hope one of them loses in there own championship game. Plus that Auburn and win another tough one.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

it also bumps everyone down the bowl selection chain
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Who cares! Still wish we had hired Gus though.

AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

I will root for mizzou. Hoping they sneak by this game. And hope o state loses in the championship for big 10. Honestly I dont care about any of that im just happy its not Alabama.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Look, both Duke and Michigan State are worthy opponents for FSU and Ohio State. But if there are no upsets in the conference championship games, who cares, we've still got the Liberty Bowl to look forward to!

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

AtlantaRebels wrote:I will root for mizzou. Hoping they sneak by this game. And hope o state loses in the championship for big 10. Honestly I dont care about any of that im just happy its not Alabama.
And I'm EXTREMELY happy it's not Bama!

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:I wasn't at all. Pretty much means no NC for the SEC for the first time in what 7 years? Not a chance Auburn gets past Ohio State or Florida State. Just got to hope one of them loses in there own championship game. Plus that Auburn and win another tough one.
I agree, hope some how the SEC gets someone in the title game. I know the rest of the country is doing cartwheels right now.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Don't care anything about Auburn winning, but I'm stoked Bama lost. Great, great night it was. I'm as sick of the SEC as the rest of the country so I'm ready to see some other teams play for it. And I'm so glad its not Bama. An SEC team winning national titles that isn't Ole Miss doesn't benefit Ole Miss. And 7-5 should get us the Liberty Bowl any way you slice it. Pecking order or no, we don't deserve better.

And before someone says "But we get all that money!" So what? Ole Miss hasn't won a title in these past seven years. Can't do any better than 9 wins. So its not helping us win titles. I'm tired of watching programs we lose recruits to win national titles.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

proud2breb wrote:Who cares! Still wish we had hired Gus though.

I'm very glad we hired Freeze instead of Malzahn, you can keep him.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:Who cares! Still wish we had hired Gus though.

I'm very glad we hired Freeze instead of Malzahn, you can keep him.
wow, I actually agree with someone...
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah, who wants to play in the SEC championship anyway.... It's overrated, right? Bring on one of the the 7-5 bowl games!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:Yeah, who wants to play in the SEC championship anyway.... It's overrated, right? Bring on one of the the 7-5 bowl games!
So if we had hired Malzahn instead of Freeze, we'd be playing in the SEC Championship? Stupid.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I didn't say that, but he sure as heck turned Auburn around quick, and I believe he's a better coach. I hope Freeze gets better, but I'd certainly rather be in the upper tier of the West.

Probably wouldn't be in the championship game this year, because we would be sitting at 11-1 with a loss to Bama. I think most feel we would have beat A&M, Auburn, MSU, and Mizzou if we had simply capitalized on our possessions. I definitely think Malzahn would have got 10+ wins with our current roster.

Whatever you think, Malzahn definitely got every ounce of talent out of his team, and Freeze definitely didn't. Both have about the same SEC head coaching experience. Well, a Freeze actually has one more year, right?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:I didn't say that, but he sure as heck turned Auburn around quick, and I believe he's a better coach. I hope Freeze gets better, but I'd certainly rather be in the upper tier of the West.

Probably wouldn't be in the championship game this year, because we would be sitting at 11-1 with a loss to Bama. I think most feel we would have beat A&M, Auburn, MSU, and Mizzou if we had simply capitalized on our possessions. I definitely think Malzahn would have got 10+ wins with our current roster.

Whatever you think, Malzahn definitely got every ounce of talent out of his team, and Freeze definitely didn't. Both have about the same SEC head coaching experience. Well, a Freeze actually has one more year, right?
You do realize that Malzahn was the OC for Auburn for a year or two before last year? Those players were recruited for his offense. I still think we shoud've won that game and the A&M game, but I don't think that Malzahn would've done it if he were our head coach just b/c he's having success at Auburn with players he recruited already there.
Some Random Dude