Music City

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am hearing that we have officially accepted Music city Bowl bid to play Georgia Tech. Can anyone confirm this?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I am hearing that we have officially accepted Music city Bowl bid to play Georgia Tech. Can anyone confirm this?
That's the rumor.
Last edited by rebeljim on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

we can win that game.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:we can win that game.
If our defense holds their positions, doesn't over pursue and plays with discipline.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:I am hearing that we have officially accepted Music city Bowl bid to play Georgia Tech. Can anyone confirm this?
I just got the same information.

Deadman
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I would rather play them in a bowl or the first game of the year more than any other time because the difficulty is preparing for the assignments of the triple option.. This would be an absolute best case scenario if we can get this bowl and match up...
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:

I would rather play them in a bowl or the first game of the year more than any other time because the difficulty is preparing for the assignments of the triple option.. This would be an absolute best case scenario if we can get this bowl and match up...
Agree 100%, but they absolutely can not over pursue like they did against A&M and Auburn. Disciplined defense is the key against that option.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Scary game... we have the team to beat it.... but very scary offense none the less... havent seen an offense like this in a long time
GtownRebel
All American
All American

WE need to worry about ourselves on the OL losing Tunsil and Golson. That is going to hurt us badly. We have lost 3 OL thsi year with no one that caliber to replace them. Wallace will be running for his life all game. We might not score much in this game is my feelings right now. I hope I am wrong.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

well they've got a dumper for a defense but that isn't saying much since we haven't found the endzone on a regular basis in some time.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Their defense is actually pretty good against the run, allowing around 3 yards per carry, but they allow around 15 yards per pass completion. So if we rely on our passing game we should be able to move the ball against them. Even with injuries on the line, our quick passes should be successful. The issue will be the same issue we have had all year. Do we get too cute with play calling or personnel movement in the red zone.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I went ahead and grabbed tickets... I let my season tickets go because I get coaching tickets, but if anybody needs a ticket for a low number, they are a good deal below face value I am sure...

http://www.stubhub.com/music-city-bowl- ... 3-4287573/
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Georgia Tech has beaten exactly ONE team with a winning record this year. That was Duke, and it was in the 2nd game of the season before the Blue Devils got hot. They have wins over UNC, Syracuse, and Pitt (all at 6-6), and the rest come against teams with really really bad records.