Eight SEC Baseball Teams Ranked By Collegiate Baseball

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Eight Southeastern Conference baseball teams are ranked among the nation’s top-40, including six in the top-25, according to Collegiate Baseball’s Fabulous 40 NCAA Division I pre-season baseball poll released on Friday. Additionally, six SEC teams also are receiving votes in the poll.

The Collegiate Baseball newspaper poll is the oldest college baseball poll. Its birth took place during the 1957 college baseball season.

Collegiate Baseball NCAA Division I Poll
1. Cal State Fullerton
2. Mississippi State
3. LSU
4. Oregon State
5. Florida State
6. Oregon
7. Indiana
8. Louisville
9. Vanderbilt
10. N.C. State
11. North Carolina
12. Virginia
13. Miami
14. South Carolina
15. UCLA
16. Florida
17. Rice
18. Oklahoma State
19. TCU
20. Texas
21. Clemson
22. Arizona State
23. Lafayette
24. Arizona
25. Texas A&M
26. Stanford
27. Cal Poly
28. Kansas State
29. Alabama
30. Ole Miss
31. Western Carolina
32. Oklahoma
33. San Diego
34. Wichita State
35. Liberty
36. Tennessee Tech
37. New Mexico
38. East Carolina
39. UC-Santa Barbara
40. Coastal Carolina

Other Teams Receiving Votes: Arkansas, UNLV, Auburn, San Diego St., Fresno St., Southern California, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, South Alabama, San Francisco, Loyola Marymount, Brigham Young, Seton Hall, Georgia Tech., Mercer, U.C. Irvine, Missouri St., Pepperdine, Troy, Sam Houston St., Austin Peay St., Bryant, Florida Atlantic, N.C. Wilmington, Houston, Central Florida, St. Louis, Creighton, Campbell, Nebraska, Gonzaga, Sacramento St., New Mexico St., St. John’s, Cal. St. Bakersfield, Ohio St., Michigan, Southern Mississippi, Kent St., Illinois St., Appalachian St., The Citadel, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Southeastern Louisiana, California, Washington, Washington St., West Virginia, Baylor, Minnesota, Stony Brook, Dallas Baptist, UT Arlington, Texas St., Maine, South Florida, Connecticut, Virginia Tech., Pittsburgh, Missouri, Notre Dame, North Florida, East Tennessee St., Florida Gulf Coast, Virginia Commonwealth, Rhode Island, Charlotte.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/t ... eball.aspx
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

This is flattering considering how bad we are supposed to be offensively .
Heath
All American
All American

I don't think State is #2 in the nation. I thought they were pretty good last year, and just happen to get hot toward the end of the season. Unless we start hitting the ball, we won't end up in the top 60, much less the top 30.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Heath wrote:I don't think State is #2 in the nation. I thought they were pretty good last year, and just happen to get hot toward the end of the season. Unless we start hitting the ball, we won't end up in the top 60, much less the top 30.
Thing about State last year is they did it without their two best starters who were injured all year. Their pitching is stacked and loaded. But how they replace Frazier and Renfroe will decide where the fall in the pecking order.

I think we are in the 25-35 range. We have the talent to be a top 25 team with a healthy Chris Ellis. We will have a solid rotation. Just need the offense to score 4 or 5 runs. Currently I have little faith in our offense. Boz, Orvis, Overbey, and Anderson really need to step up. Woodman is ready to go.....good looking frosh. I'm really worried about our production at 2b and catcher
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

when you are ranking the top FORTY teams, 8 doesn't impress.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heath wrote:I don't think State is #2 in the nation. I thought they were pretty good last year, and just happen to get hot toward the end of the season. Unless we start hitting the ball, we won't end up in the top 60, much less the top 30.

What you call "getting hot" I call "getting better", and State's coach knows how to do that. Ours doesn't.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebelliousb wrote:when you are ranking the top FORTY teams, 8 doesn't impress.
The collegiate baseball landscape is changing fast. Talent is getting disbursed based on the scholarship limit and schools are investing more into the sport as they realize it could be a black bottom line sport like football and basketball. And due to the new draft rules more kids are going the college route. The SEC will always be the best conference due to money and fan support. But other conferences are starting to get a lot more elite talent. It's no longer just the SEC, ACC, and Pac.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Our biggest problem is our HC. Bianco is being paid an Omaha-resume salary without ever having achieved Omaha results. And we aren't hosting regionals regularly with our facilities and fan base. Epic fail. No reason to believe this season will be any different.