Congratulations to Bo Wallace

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Congratulations to Bo Wallace for being named MVP of the 2013 Music City Bowl with 253 yards passing and a career high 86 yards rushing (6.6 yds per carry on 13 carries) with 3 TDs (2 rushing), for breaking Eli Manning's single season total yardage record, and for breaking Eli Manning's single season completion record. Good luck in your competition this spring to determine if you are worthy to be the Rebel's starting QB!

Hotty Toddy!
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Rebchuck18 wrote:Congratulations to Bo Wallace for being named MVP of the 2013 Music City Bowl with 253 yards passing and a career high 86 yards rushing with 3 TDs (2 rushing), for breaking Eli Manning's single season total yardage record, and for breaking Eli Manning's single season completion record. Good luck in your competition this spring to determine if you are worthy to be the Rebel's starting QB!

Hotty Toddy!
AMEN!!! (that wouldn't be just a little sarcasm, I detect there, would it, Chuck? ;) )
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

3rdR8Bromance wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Congratulations to Bo Wallace for being named MVP of the 2013 Music City Bowl with 253 yards passing and a career high 86 yards rushing with 3 TDs (2 rushing), for breaking Eli Manning's single season total yardage record, and for breaking Eli Manning's single season completion record. Good luck in your competition this spring to determine if you are worthy to be the Rebel's starting QB!

Hotty Toddy!
AMEN!!! (that wouldn't be just a little sarcasm, I detect there, would it, Chuck? ;) )
As sincere as my cotton pickin' heart has ever been. Feeling nothing but love!
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I second that AMEN !!

Does anyone know if Bo has requested a review from the NFL draft advisory board? Not that I think he's ready just wondering.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebnPhilly wrote:I second that AMEN !!

Does anyone know if Bo has requested a review from the NFL draft advisory board? Not that I think he's ready just wondering.
I think he is going to work on strengthening the shoulder and come back and own the SEC next year.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

The announcers said towards the end of the game that HF said Bo is only about at 70% of full strength for the second half of this season. His surgery went well but there was not enough time to strengthen the arm. HF thinks he will be at 100% after the weight program this spring and summer. I think Bo is going to surprise a lot of people next year barring any injury as he is very knowledgeable about the offense and nows the teams he is playing against. I think he actually ends up on someone's roster at the next level as a backup QB. JMHO.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Chuck, I think he does exactly what you say, but I want him to have to earn it, then own it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:Chuck, I think he does exactly what you say, but I want him to have to earn it, then own it!

You don't think that breaking the season yardage record of the greatest QB in our history is "earning" it? It's a serious question. Did we say that Eli had to earn the starting spot after his junior year in which he was also 7-6 overall, 3-5 in SEC, threw 7 more ints than Bo, finished with a 12 point lower QBR and had a completion % 8 points lower than Bo and didn't come close to Bo's rushing #'s. I think it is a legitimate question. Bo just had a more productive statistical year than Eli's junior year, had the exact same record and somehow folks think Bo has to prove himself against a kid who has never taken a snap in big boy football. That really boggles the mind. Of course Bo has to have a good spring and summer, but to think that he has to prove himself ( in a practice inter squad environment) against a kid who has done Nothing is silly IMO. Bo has stared down The LSU defense, taken it to Texas on the road and now won two bowl games. Kincaid made some regional "elite 8" camp and didn't advance further than that. I really don't get this persistent "he has to earn it". He has earned it.
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:The announcers said towards the end of the game that HF said Bo is only about at 70% of full strength for the second half of this season. His surgery went well but there was not enough time to strengthen the arm. HF thinks he will be at 100% after the weight program this spring and summer. I think Bo is going to surprise a lot of people next year barring any injury as he is very knowledgeable about the offense and nows the teams he is playing against. I think he actually ends up on someone's roster at the next level as a backup QB. JMHO.
On the radio before the game they were playing Freeze on the radio saying Bo's arm strength deteriorated towards the end of the season. That caused him to press and make some bad decisions. He said he wasn't able to participate in preseason workouts and everything and that contributed to the weakening arm strength. He said he was confident Bo would be much better next year with a full offseason of working out and strengthening the arm.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
theghostofcolonelreb wrote:Chuck, I think he does exactly what you say, but I want him to have to earn it, then own it!

You don't think that breaking the season yardage record of the greatest QB in our history is "earning" it? It's a serious question. Did we say that Eli had to earn the starting spot after his junior year in which he was also 7-6 overall, 3-5 in SEC, threw 7 more ints than Bo, finished with a 12 point lower QBR and had a completion % 8 points lower than Bo and didn't come close to Bo's rushing #'s. I think it is a legitimate question. Bo just had a more productive statistical year than Eli's junior year, had the exact same record and somehow folks think Bo has to prove himself against a kid who has never taken a snap on big boy football. That really boggles the mind.
More than legitimate!
Some Random Dude
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

And, how many bubble screens did Eli throw???? Just sayin.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:And, how many bubble screens did Eli throw???? Just sayin.
Oh so now Bo shouldn't get any credit for records because of Hugh Freeze's offense. Guess what, Montana threw more short passes than Bradshaw, don't think that was held against him. It is inconceivable to me that so many people can not understand that this kid is the most important and most productive player we have on this team and the most important and most productive offensive player we have had in 10 years. Without him this offense is pedestrian and predictable. He was our leading passer AND our leading rusher yesterday! He is the second most prolific passer in the best league in America, second only to that freak of nature at A&M! I guess he won't be fully appreciated until he is gone because I don't think we have a worthy successor for him on our roster yet.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Oh so now Bo shouldn't get any credit for records because of Hugh Freeze's offense. Guess what, Montana threw more short passes than Bradshaw, don't think that was held against him. It is inconceivable to me that so many people can not understand that this kid is the most important and most productive player we have on this team and the most important and most productive offensive player we have had in 10 years. Without him this offense is pedestrian and predictable. He was our leading passer AND our leading rusher yesterday! He is the second most prolific passer in the best league in America, second only to that freak of nature at A&M! I guess he won't be fully appreciated until he is gone because I don't think we have a worthy successor for him on our roster yet.
I dunno, yoda said there was another when they thought one young man was their only hope. Bo has done dang good and I am proud of him. He fought through some physical problems without complaining. I look forward to his progress come boise st.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
I dunno, yoda said there was another when they thought one young man was their only hope. Bo has done dang good and I am proud of him. He fought through some physical problems without complaining. I look forward to his progress come boise st.
Wait... so Princess Leia may be our next QB?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote: Wait... so Princess Leia may be our next QB?
Hope she wears the latest gold chain bikini by Nike!