Talking heads questioning Peyton's legacy after sb beat down

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Most sports analysts are saying that Peyton's legacy is permanently damaged after the game last night. Was his legacy altered that much after last night?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Me personally he's a vol, so who cares. I don't pull for him, and have nothing for him. I know he's a great human being, and makes funny commercials, but at the end of the day, he's a vol.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebeljim wrote:Me personally he's a vol, so who cares. I don't pull for him, and have nothing for him. I know he's a great human being, and makes funny commercials, but at the end of the day, he's a vol.
I agree, who cares. Just because he is a Manning doesn't make him Rebel Royalty like his father, mother and brother. He chose to go to Tennessee and I don't resent him for that but I also am not endeared to him because of his last name.
Goroth

To answer the actual question. I don't feel that it is. He is known for the let down in the clutch. He will be known as known as one of the best of all time. Probably in the top 5 of all time. But without the ability to get it done in the post season. He will never be known as the greatest QB or in the conversation. Just how I feel about all that.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

He certainly didn't help himself in regards to his legacy. But, hard to argue that he is not one of the greatest QBs ever regardless of whether he ever gets that 2nd ring.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I would have to say Terry Bradshaw or John Elway would have to be very near the top of the best QB of all time.
Later,
Hagar
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

"But wouldn't Brent Schaefer be somewhere up there?" he asked innocently.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

the Bronco's defense and special teams legacy should be ruined if anything.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

IMO, he will always be talked of as one of the Greatest of all time......however there will always be a but.......
Randy
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Don't know about Peyton's legacy, but I know which brother can brag the most Super Bowl rings and MVP's over Thanksgiving!

Hotty Toddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk