One Final Push

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We received lots of credit for our win at Arkansas State. RPI moved from 15 to 11 due to the bonus teams get for road wins. Winning two at A & M almost guarantees a national seed for us: 1) we win the West 2) we finish second overall in the league 3) we end up with a great record in our final fifteen games 4) our RPI will finish inside the Top Eight at the end of the regular season.

We have all the tools to do it this year: host a regional, win it, and then win that Super and go to Omaha. Once there, who knows how far we could get? I believe in our bats and our pitching, and this is the best coaching job Bianco has done since 2005. As the thread says, "One final push!"
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heckuva job considering we were picked to finish in the middle to bottom of the West.
Some Random Dude
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

Let's do it! This is our time!
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Titles 'R Us wrote:We received lots of credit for our win at Arkansas State. RPI moved from 15 to 11 due to the bonus teams get for road wins. Winning two at A & M almost guarantees a national seed for us: 1) we win the West 2) we finish second overall in the league 3) we end up with a great record in our final fifteen games 4) our RPI will finish inside the Top Eight at the end of the regular season.

We have all the tools to do it this year: host a regional, win it, and then win that Super and go to Omaha. Once there, who knows how far we could get? I believe in our bats and our pitching, and this is the best coaching job Bianco has done since 2005. As the thread says, "One final push!"

Even if we take 2/3 at aTm I still would put our natl seed chances at about 40%. One spot will go to whomever wins the sc/vandy series. The other will come down between us, Miami, and tcu. If tcu ends up winning the b12 they will likely get it. The committee loves teams that win their conference
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemissreb10 wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:We received lots of credit for our win at Arkansas State. RPI moved from 15 to 11 due to the bonus teams get for road wins. Winning two at A & M almost guarantees a national seed for us: 1) we win the West 2) we finish second overall in the league 3) we end up with a great record in our final fifteen games 4) our RPI will finish inside the Top Eight at the end of the regular season.

Even if we take 2/3 at aTm I still would put our natl seed chances at about 40%. One spot will go to whomever wins the sc/vandy series. The other will come down between us, Miami, and tcu. If tcu ends up winning the b12 they will likely get it. The committee loves teams that win their conference
Sooo... send to moving trucks to Bianco's house?
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think if we sweep and sc and vandy is 2/1 either way (preferably SC) then we get it. I still think we might get it just with a series win. That would mean we win the West, have the second best conference record and win 6 of our last 7 series.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

There's no reason to think the SEC can't get 3 national seeds. It's happened in 2 of the last 3 years. If the SEC gets three, I think we are definitely one of them...provided we take care of A&M this weekend.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think we're hosting again and that's good enough for me.
Some Random Dude
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I just don't want to bianco this weekend up
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

If State sweeps, and we get rained out, we would wind up in second place in the West.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

loophole54 wrote:If State sweeps, and we get rained out, we would wind up in second place in the West.
Umm...what else you got?
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

I got good news, bro! The weather in College Station should be fine!

Let's go!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

loophole54 wrote:If State sweeps, and we get rained out, we would wind up in second place in the West.
That's my line...
L. S. WHO?