Committee Already Gets A Big 'F'

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

So, does winning 50+ games in the Sun Belt entitle you to a national seed? With SOS of 120? The answer is: no way in hell. I said so for weeks leading up to the selection show. ULL is the latest example of a politically correct, 'spread the wealth around' and try to dilute the power of the SEC, wrong-headed selection which should have gone to another SEC team--whether Ole Miss, Vandy or South Carolina.

It's pretty obvious that ULL will be hard-pressed to win their regional now. State has the upper hand. Ole Miss must hold up its end to host that Super, otherwise State will in all probability. But, hey, ULL couldn't even get past the SWAC champion. Anyone want to defend ULL still? I think this is the best indictment of the flaws in the RPI system and the refusal to acknowledge that the SEC should continue to get extra bids by the 'grow the game' committee members. You guys really sucked this year!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well, lets go out, take care of our business and this thing will self correct and we will be in a great spot!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Calm down big guy. Teams lose games. It's baseball and baseball is a streaky sport. Take nothing away from them because they have a good team, I don't care what they're schedule is. They lost a game they were "supposed" to win and so did a few others. It happens every year. Don't want to jinx our Rebs but be careful what you say...they're not done yet.
TheUnsub
Water Boy
Water Boy

I'm with Titles, no excuse to losing to any SWAC team, ever. It was great for JSU and all, but, man, come on, it's SWAC baseball. ULL was #1 in all the polls, too. That's beyond absurd.
Heath
All American
All American

I watched the last few innings of the JSU and ULL game. One thing I said is that ULL can't hit breaking balls to save their lives. I think I saw The pitcher for JSU throw 1 fastball in probably 3 innings. And ULL still could do little with the pitches. I am definitely expecting State to come out of that Regional.