Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Dr.X
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

GtownRebel
All American
All American

No thank you. It is just a party room from what I have read.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

#$$$$$$$ no thank you!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:No thank you. It is just a party room from what I have read.
Not my thing either, but it is a relatively inexpensive way to get a club level exclusive experience without having to be a millionaire, so I have to give Bjork and his guys a thumbs up for the idea.
Dr.X
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

The responses are as I expected. No wonder this board has gone straight to *beep*.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's a great idea. Generates revenue. My only issue is it isn't a great view of the field/game.

On another note. Is there a way to block users where I don't see their posts? I'm sure I've been blocked and I've heard people mention it, but I've never felt the need to use it until now.
Some Random Dude
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

lewindha wrote:It's a great idea. Generates revenue. My only issue is it isn't a great view of the field/game.

On another note. Is there a way to block users where I don't see their posts? I'm sure I've been blocked and I've heard people mention it, but I've never felt the need to use it until now.
Go to User Control Panel, then to Friends and Foes, then Manage Foes. Search for the member you want to ignore and submit.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Dr.X wrote:The responses are as I expected. No wonder this board has gone straight to *beep*.
Lets see. Two folks don't like the idea, but two of us think its a good idea and are applauding Bjork. If the board has gone to wherever you think it's gone... You don't have to login. America.. Home of differing opinions and likes. It's a beautiful thing!
Goroth

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Dr.X wrote:The responses are as I expected. No wonder this board has gone straight to *beep*.
Lets see. Two folks don't like the idea, but two of us think its a good idea and are applauding Bjork. If the board has gone to wherever you think it's gone... You don't have to login. America.. Home of differing opinions and likes. It's a beautiful thing!
I want my opinion to reflect everyone else's.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

I have always been on the side of Ole Miss should bowl in VH and chairback the whole stadium besides a good portion of the new North Endzone and just make that general/student admission standing room only seating. Then if you only had 50k at the game the stadium would still look full for the most parts because then the students would just have some extra elbow room. Especially important to recruits is that the stadium is full not how many seats you can squeeze the space.

It appears RB and I are converging on the same thought process of making the stadium the nicest in the SEC not trying to *that other QB from Arkansas* pump our stadium seating numbers so we can say we have this many seats. I would rather Ole Miss had the ability to say it soldout for the last 8 years with standing room only.

My hope is to limit seats so that the value of going to an Ole Miss game increases. And by value I don't mean monetarily. I mean the value of the experience.

Everyone wonders why everyone leaves at halftime. Its because they don't have to value the game experience because they can go back to the grove and watch the rest of it. If it was harder than walking up to anyone you know to get a ticket at face value (at worst) then the people who made it to the games would value the experience more.

I know this will cause some folks from going to every game to going to just a couple, but our stadium is too big for the base already. I mean from what I have seen and understand that 60-70% of the season tickets that are bought are purchased by just 4000 alumni or fans. They buy 6-10 season tickets every year, and really only need 2-4 of them for every game then give away the remainder to family or friends or sell them at best face value. This is the reason you get 10-15k Alabama or LSU fans at our home games. I don't believe increasing supply of tickets will do anything more than just increase those two games fan bases.

The money raised by increasing number of seats doesn't matter any more because the tv money dwarfs any funds from season tickets sales. The key is making those seats more valuable and a better experience that is what RB is looking to achieve. He doesn't want VH stadium looking like no one is there because only 55k fans showed up when Ole Miss vs. Louisiana Lafayette on the SEC Network. Especially now that every game is on TV.

You want to look like every game is packed and it is the place to be. I know Bama has 100k seats but I know for a fact last year they had all but one or two homes games that there were 20% or more empty seats, and remember Nick complaining about people leaving a halftime. The same thing is happening with Tennessee, LSU, and Florida. I would rather us rock a packed stadium every home game then have a few more thousand Ole Miss fans and a few thousand more Bama fans for the Bama game.

Does anyone really enjoy watching a game from LSU's upper deck? Is that what we want Ole Miss' stadium to be? A watch your step or you might tumble to your death by landing on a LSU fan that smells of funnel cake and fried gator. Yeah it is impressive looking, but is an awful experience that I would pay good money to sit amongst those funnel cake smelling carneys in the lower bowl.
Dr.X
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

lewindha wrote:It's a great idea. Generates revenue. My only issue is it isn't a great view of the field/game.

Butthurt much?
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Everyone wonders why everyone leaves at halftime. Its because they don't have to value the game experience because they can go back to the grove and watch the rest of it.

And I thought it was because their flasks were empty....silly me :shock:
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

and on another note.....ME not being a PREMUIM ticket holder will appreciate the work they are doing to the entrances, the extra concession stands and the extra bathroooms. And I will be really pumped when they get the " front" completed...I am sure it will be wonderful!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think it's only a matter of time before "Ole Miss" and "Rebels" are both gone. And for those that don't believe it, realization is coming soon enough. Better prepare yourselves.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:I think it's only a matter of time before "Ole Miss" and "Rebels" are both gone. And for those that don't believe it, realization is coming soon enough. Better prepare yourselves.
Agreed. Been saying it since the d*** bear. That will be a crossroads. Totally unnecessary bullet to the head.