Ole Miss preview on SEC Network

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Getting pumped. Watched the Ole Miss preview on SEC. Love what Freeze said about Bo. He said "let me be clear, there is no way Ole Miss wins two bowl games in the last two years without Bo Wallace at quarterback... And when he is done, he may hold every passing record at Ole Miss".

Getting excited boys! 9 days til kick!

Hotty Toddy!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Getting excited boys! 9 days til kick!

Hotty Toddy!!
I got the tickets for the first game in the mail yesterday. i have never been this excited to get tickets.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Booger McFarlane says we finish 10-2 with losses to Bama and LSU.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

And I think we win the first four, we run through Bummer. GAMEDAY!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:Getting pumped. Watched the Ole Miss preview on SEC. Love what Freeze said about Bo. He said "let me be clear, there is no way Ole Miss wins two bowl games in the last two years without Bo Wallace at quarterback... And when he is done, he may hold every passing record at Ole Miss".

Getting excited boys! 9 days til kick!

Hotty Toddy!!

https://twitter.com/OleMissFB/status/500062878322671616
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

McFarline also stated that we may have the best Defense in the SEC. This is the year to take a large step forward.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

TLM 1961 wrote:McFarline also stated that we may have the best Defense in the SEC. This is the year to take a large step forward.
I think he only said D line was the best but regardless after watching the replay of the LSU game last year I am ready! (Even though I knew I still prayed that field goal would be good.) :D
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cacreb2000 wrote:
TLM 1961 wrote:McFarline also stated that we may have the best Defense in the SEC. This is the year to take a large step forward.
I think he only said D line was the best but regardless after watching the replay of the LSU game last year I am ready! (Even though I knew I still prayed that field goal would be good.) :D
He definitely said that he thought we may have the best overall defense in the SEC. He also said that with our defense and the most experienced returning SEC QB, "if not now, when". My sentiments exactly! It all comes down to Oct. 4, which as he said and I agree may be the most important game in Ole Miss history. If we can't beat Saban this year, we may never beat him.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
cacreb2000 wrote:
He definitely said that he thought we may have the best overall defense in the SEC. He also said that with our defense and the most experienced returning SEC QB, "if not now, when". My sentiments exactly! It all comes down to Oct. 4, which as he said and I agree may be the most important game in Ole Miss history. If we can't beat Saban this year, we may never beat him.[/]
My bad. I didn't catch that when he said it. But I agree Chuck, Oct. 4 may be a monster opportunity. If We're 5-0 after that the sky is the limit. I just hope we don't forget about the four games before then.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I saw that too. I think saying we have the best D in the SEC is a bit of a stretch though(hope I'm wrong). However, having a D-line that can dominate can make the rest of the defense look like all-Americans.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:
I saw that too. I think saying we have the best D in the SEC is a bit of a stretch though(hope I'm wrong). However, having a D-line that can dominate can make the rest of the defense look like all-Americans.
I think what he is saying is that our defense has studs coming back on the line, at linebacker and in the secondary. He was saying it would be tough to find a better group than the likes of the Nkemdiches, Bryant, Prewitt and Conner et al. He was not talking about depth, just our starters and he did note that we are somewhat small, but said that if our offense gets leads and allows our athletic players to get after the QB, we will be tough to deal with. I agree with his assessment.