Florida has sold as many season tickets as ....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Ole Miss.

88,000 seats with only 50k season tickets sold. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... 9531.story
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Reference my tome in another thread regarding increased costs to attend anything on campus. You MUST make a donation to get a hard seat in the stadium, you MUST make a donation to get a parking place on campus, and you pay through the nose for a hot dog and drink.

This will probably be my last season ticket year for I can sit home, watch on my big screen HD tv, and not drive three hours to a game in Oxford. I will save a lot of money.
Sasquatch
Water Boy
Water Boy

beastbutler65 wrote:Reference my tome in another thread regarding increased costs to attend anything on campus. You MUST make a donation to get a hard seat in the stadium, you MUST make a donation to get a parking place on campus, and you pay through the nose for a hot dog and drink.

This will probably be my last season ticket year for I can sit home, watch on my big screen HD tv, and not drive three hours to a game in Oxford. I will save a lot of money.

There are seats in the stadium that do not require a donation. To be exact, there are SIXTEEN sections where no donation is required to purchase season tickets. And if you don't like paying to park on campus, then it's $5 for a round-trip shuttle from 4 different locations in Oxford that drops off and picks up on Ford Blvd. right in front of the NEZ.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:
beastbutler65 wrote:Reference my tome in another thread regarding increased costs to attend anything on campus. You MUST make a donation to get a hard seat in the stadium, you MUST make a donation to get a parking place on campus, and you pay through the nose for a hot dog and drink.

There are seats in the stadium that do not require a donation. To be exact, there are SIXTEEN sections where no donation is required to purchase season tickets. And if you don't like paying to park on campus, then it's $5 for a round-trip shuttle from 4 different locations in Oxford that drops off and picks up on Ford Blvd. right in front of the NEZ.
I pay $10-$15 to park off campus and walk. It's cheaper that way. Plus it's good exercise.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Sasquatch
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeljim wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:

I pay $10-$15 to park off campus and walk. It's cheaper that way. Plus it's good exercise.
We are BIG fans of the shuttle; have been using it for 5+ years now. We used to park at Oxford Middle School but started parking at the Conference Center last year when they added it. ZERO traffic issues to deal with.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

SAS, please read my comments carefully. To park on campus, you MUST donate at LEAST $100. That is the STARTER level of the program. Yes, you can donate as little as $50 and get your "R" decal. But, you cannot park on campus with it.

I said HARD seat, NOT on the metal bleachers or in the peripheral view sections (like on the 5-10 yard line). Yes, there are many sections of the stadium that you can get a seat without a donation, but can you see the game worth a flip?

The on campus parking is directly related to the amount of giving. The LESS you give, the farther away you can park. The MORE you give, the closer to the stadium you can park.

We also have been using the shuttle the past few years. We ride from the Middle School and I have even walked back to the Middle School after the game when the shuttle buses are screwed up which happened several times at the beginning of last year. Hopefully, this year will be better.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

My seats are in sec H and are basically even with the goal line. I had to pay 50 extra this year to keep them. But as far as a bad seat, I don't think there are any. You can see just fine.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Sasquatch
Water Boy
Water Boy

beastbutler65 wrote:SAS, please read my comments carefully. To park on campus, you MUST donate at LEAST $100. That is the STARTER level of the program. Yes, you can donate as little as $50 and get your "R" decal. But, you cannot park on campus with it.

I said HARD seat, NOT on the metal bleachers or in the peripheral view sections (like on the 5-10 yard line). Yes, there are many sections of the stadium that you can get a seat without a donation, but can you see the game worth a flip?

The on campus parking is directly related to the amount of giving. The LESS you give, the farther away you can park. The MORE you give, the closer to the stadium you can park.

We also have been using the shuttle the past few years. We ride from the Middle School and I have even walked back to the Middle School after the game when the shuttle buses are screwed up which happened several times at the beginning of last year. Hopefully, this year will be better.
I wouldn't trade our seats in Section Q for almost any other seat in the stadium...even the hard seats you are talking about. And you're completely right about the shuttles at the beginning of last season. It really was a huge mess. But they also took steps to quickly resolve the problem and by the end of the season the shuttle service was actually better than it had ever been before. Even before last season the wait for a shuttle at the end of a big game was 1/2 hour minimum. But by the second half of the season last year, the wait for a shuttle at the end of the game was a matter of minutes.

I know that much of our fanbase threw a collective fit over having to pay to park on campus, but I still think it is a positive. Having cars parked on every sidewalk and every unmarked patch of grass on campus damaged landscaping, put unnecessary wear and tear on curbs and sidewalks (neither of which were designed to be parked or driven on), and forced pedestrian traffic into the busy streets on campus which created a huge safety issue that was completely unnecessary. Even thought there were issues at the beginning, the Athletic Department and University took the time to actually listen to input from fans and quickly took the necessary steps to remedy any problems or issues.
Sasquatch
Water Boy
Water Boy

cacreb2000 wrote:My seats are in sec H and are basically even with the goal line. I had to pay 50 extra this year to keep them. But as far as a bad seat, I don't think there are any. You can see just fine.
I couldn't agree more. I have been seated in numerous locations all over the stadium over the course of the past 25 years, and the only place I really didn't care for was the NEZ. Sight lines everywhere else in the stadium are just fine. We sit in Q 45 (close to the 25 yd. line), so our row basically starts where that side of the stadium ended before the expansion in 90's. The aisle is right in front of our row and there is actually one step down before the row so the traffic in the aisle doesn't block our view.