Texas A&M prediction thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

This game will be a doozy. On one hand I can see A&M coming out fired up but losing confidence if we take the early lead. On the other, if our offense struggles on Saturday it could get ugly fast.

OM-31
A&M-42
BostonReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Yeah I see a couple different scenarios here.

1. Ole Miss has a letdown game. After all the energy used to beat Bama, and I can imagine the partying Saturday night, they lose focus a little against a very good A&M team.
2. Ole Miss really does use the cliche of one game at a time, they completely refocus on A&M, watch video of how State dominated them, and they shut down Hill and the Aggies.
3. A&M is fired up after being embarrassed and has a big game.
4. Both teams play like last week never happened, and best team wins.

More than anything, I hope OM doesn't have a letdown game. That would be the worst, I think. I'm hoping the defense shows up again, but A&M's offense is the best they'll see up to this point all season, and they pull out a 31-21 win.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Haven't some of you guys realized yet how good our defense is? Best in the SEC. National best 10 points a game given up. No one is going to score a lot of points on us. Bank it. These high-scoring predictions, particularly of us losing, are ridiculous. We will win with defense. As usual.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

These next two games have letdown written all over them so I hope we come out focused .
BostonReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Titles 'R Us wrote:Haven't some of you guys realized yet how good our defense is? Best in the SEC. National best 10 points a game given up. No one is going to score a lot of points on us. Bank it. These high-scoring predictions, particularly of us losing, are ridiculous. We will win with defense. As usual.
I hope you're right, and believe me, I know how good the defense is. But that doesn't mean A&M, who's averaging 48 points per game with an explosive offense, can't put up some scores on this defense or any defense. I think OM wins, but don't think they'll never allow more than 10 points in a game.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:These next two games have letdown written all over them so I hope we come out focused .

I believe we will be FOCUSED!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Here's the deal: A & M pounded a South Carolina team that was predicted to be Top Ten. The Gamecocks aren't even a Top Twenty-five team. They are 3-3 and 2-3 in the SEC. They were an illusion, and people are still giving A & M credit for beating them. Hey, Kentucky scored 45 points on Carolina and won. Arkansas nearly beat A & M. All this Kenny Trill stuff is putting lots of pressure on a young QB who can't possibly live up to the hype.

State handed A & M their rear-ends, and we have a better defense than State does. There is no reason for us not to be focused game after game. All this talk of us having a series of letdowns is also ridiculous. We're in the meat of our schedule. This is what our guys have been practicing for. Alabama was the first test. Since this is the SEC, there's a test every week. Why should Freeze and Staff not be able to stress that? Why should the players not believe they have just as good a chance as anyone else in the West (except Arky and LSU) to go to Atlanta?

This is not David Cutcliffe (who has never heard of the word 'defense') or Ed Orgeron (who wasn't ready for prime-time) or Houston Nutt (who is a tent revivalist/con man of the highest order). This is Hugh Freeze and a great staff that wants to be here and stay here and win titles. Because that's what Ole Miss will become: Titles 'R Us!
Last edited by Titles 'R Us on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Here's what I'm beginning to believe, and I hope the rest of Rebel Nation will too. We've all been snake-bit before. Had Rebel teams get our hopes up, only to have them drop us like an ex-girlfriend (see Jevan Sneed/#4 preseason ranking). But, as Coach Freeze has mentioned numerous times recently, this team has a different mindset...one that he has instilled in them, which is why we need to drop our "oh, woe is me" attitude and quit expecting the worst. That is why our home crowds still won't stay in a game whole-heartedly for an entire game. We're like that teenager afraid to give his whole heart to his sweetie because he's been hurt before. Step up, men! It's time to poop, or get of the pot! ALL IN??? We're the one's that are hesitant to do what Freeze has asked, and apparently they've accepted, his team to do. No Rebel team since the Vaught era would have recovered from the letdown of that fumble recovery for touchdown just before halftime...even if we'd been playing Vandy!! These guys believe...and, until they prove otherwise, so do I. Are we going to go undefeated?? Probably not. But, if any Rebel team pull if off, this one could.

All In U - 34
Self-Inflicted Gig Wound - 23
Attachments
010.jpg
010.jpg (68.68 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Ole Miss is a better football team than A&M. There is only one reason OM should struggle and that is playing on the road in the SEC. I simply cannot see OM giving up a lot of points. I think OM wins 34 - 20. I think Kenny Hill is over rated and the A&M defense is weak. If OM doesn't win by at least two touchdowns they are leaving some meat on the bone.

Ole Miss - 34

Texas A&M - 20
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

U of Katy 35
A&M 17
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:These next two games have letdown written all over them so I hope we come out focused .

I believe we will be FOCUSED!!
In the preseason, Freeze said in an interview that after the strong start last year, he thought he could have done much better at having his team mentally ready for the harder run of tough SEC games. I think this team will be ready.

IMO we have the best secondary in the SEC. I'm not impressed at all with aTm's defense so I like our chances. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense allows what it's been averaging. The tough road environment will tell us much about this team.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
AgTailgater
Water Boy
Water Boy

There are 3 ways this game can play out.

1. Ole Miss comes in and doesn't skip a beat from the Bama game and takes it to the Ags from the opening kickoff. The Ags start slow and are down by 2 TDs earl. If that happens it will be more like the A&M/State game. And it could get out of hand quick if the Aggie D can't stop the Ole Miss O. If that is the case then OM - 31 A&M - 17

2. A&M get their *beep* together and rebounds starting fast on O and goes up by 2 TDs early. The crowd stays in the game and really makes it hard on the OM O and the A&M D feeds off the crowd. IF, and that is a big IF, the Ags get the O going it could be a long day for OM having to match TD for TD. Especially if A&M can just pin its ears back and use the speed on the pass rush. If that is the case then OM - 24 A&M - 41

3. Both schools come out flat and everyone in the stadium falls asleep from the horrible performances then OM - 6 A&M - 7 (THIS IN NO WAY WILL HAPPEN)

Keys for the game:

A&M DL vs OM OL - no pass rush for A&M and OM dominates in the run ... Game over OM wins.
A&M WR vs OM DBs - A&M WRs actually catch the d*** ball and not drop 16 passes again and can stretch the field forcing the OM DBs to have to honor the deep ball and not play up against the run and quick passes ... Game over A&M wins.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24402
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:Haven't some of you guys realized yet how good our defense is? Best in the SEC. National best 10 points a game given up. No one is going to score a lot of points on us. Bank it. These high-scoring predictions, particularly of us losing, are ridiculous. We will win with defense. As usual.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:This game will be a doozy. On one hand I can see A&M coming out fired up but losing confidence if we take the early lead. On the other, if our offense struggles on Saturday it could get ugly fast.

OM-31
A&M-42
Really? A&M minus Johnny = ehhh

Everything State does, we will do better! And NO WAY A&M puts up 42 points on us...

Good Guys 41
N-Aggies. 13
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I just have to believe these players remember the last two years vs ATM. I think they want this game and want it bad. Worst part of this game is our young men waiting to 8pm to get revenge.