youtube

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

My phone won't let me link it for some reason but search Alabama-ole miss post game melt down. It's from bamafanman.Warning: bad language but I laughed till I cried. Priceless!
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Did you hear the idiot Bama fan that called in to Finebaum today? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/alabama ... ebaum-rant
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Findbomb and this guy are perfect fits for each other, as is the lady who called in.
It is impossible for him to be a rational espn analyst and they must have known it when they hired him.
You know Bummer pulled some strings, but I think the ruling hierarchy (mike the Slive) has a lot to do with it to. How else could this egomaniac end up with a job like this? He's a soap opera artist, and nothing more. Paul Findbomb (doing that on purpose) is the least responsible, objective, trustworthy, with any integrity at all, person they could have chosen. Even David Kellum would state matters more truthfully.
He should NOT be a part of the SEC Network.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I listened to Paul Finebaum back when he was just building his fan base. He broadcast out of a Birmingham radio station that I could pick up as I only lived about 50 miles from Birmingham and lived on a hill so I had good reception on Bham stations. Phyllis and some of his other callers have been calling in since way back when. Contrary to the way it may appear, he is not an Alabama fan. He is not a fan of any team. He grew up in Memphis and went to the University of Tennessee. When Alabama is doing well, he is a big time Alabama fan, but when they are down, he turns on them so fast it will make your head spin. Being in Birmingham, at that time most of his listeners were either Alabama fans or Auburn fans. When Alabama was down under Shula, you would have sworn that he was an Auburn homer and hated Alabama. He had a heyday with the Mike Price fiasco. It wasn't until Saban's second year when Alabama turned things around that he began to sound like an Alabama fan. He will turn on Alabama again as soon as it looks like they are out of the playoff picture. He likes whatever team will get him listeners and hates whatever team will get him listeners. He is the Howard Stern of sports radio. If something is controversal, he will jump on it because that's what makes people tune in. He would accuse his own mother of prostitution if it got people to listen. While he likes whichever team is the team of the day (often Alabama of course), there is one team that he always hates. He won't say it on the SEC network because they want to cover any accusations of bias, but he used to say it openly on his Bham radio show. He hates Ole Miss. He grew up in Memphis where there are lots of Ole Miss fans and he developed a fierce hatred for them. I have heard him say it openly many times. Any time Ole Miss came up in the course of his show he would take time to make sure and express his hatred, and the reason for it. If we keep winning and become the team of the day, it will be interesting to see his reaction.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

From Memphis? Enough said. My wife is from Memphis and went to Ole Miss where I met her. She will tell you very quickly that there is no in between with Memphis folks and Ole Miss-----either they love Ole Miss or they hate Ole Miss.

Can't say much about Pawwwwwwl for with his ears, he may be a relative! :lol:
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

proud2breb wrote:Did you hear the idiot Bama fan that called in to Finebaum today? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/alabama ... ebaum-rant
the caller was talking about a comment Colin Cowherd made, not PF. PF merely made mention of it & stated he was not ready to go that far.

Just happened to be watching the beginning of his show yesterday, b/c the OM/AL replay ended previous to his show beginning.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rickochet2 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:Did you hear the idiot Bama fan that called in to Finebaum today? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/alabama ... ebaum-rant
the caller was talking about a comment Colin Cowherd made, not PF. PF merely made mention of it & stated he was not ready to go that far.

Just happened to be watching the beginning of his show yesterday, b/c the OM/AL replay ended previous to his show beginning.
I watched the first few minutes yesterday also. His producer made me laugh when he said bama gave us the game. And the whole time I watched, the phones lines had overloaded and they couldn't take any calls.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:

I watched the first few minutes yesterday also. His producer made me laugh when he said bama gave us the game. And the whole time I watched, the phones lines had overloaded and they couldn't take any calls.
It was all I could do to not pick up the phone when the producer made that comment. I quit watching so I don't know if he ever got around to giving us credit for not folding our tents due to the HUGE missed call at the end of the 1st half.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

The only call I've made was to espn. PF is nothing more than the National Enquirer or Soap Opera Today.
Personally, I do not watch his show.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

The SEC Network sucks, from top to bottom.