The LSU game is going to be the toughest of the year

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Those guys are finally playing like they're capable of and won't be intimidated. We're going to have to play our best game to leave Baton Rouge with a win.
Goroth

Still feel good about LSU. They can't pass still. Ole Miss still stops the run. So feeling good about it. Could just be another defensive game.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Looks like gameday will be there also. More fuel for lsu's fire. I think it will be a good game...but hopefully we blow them out.
Goroth

WildRebel wrote:Looks like gameday will be there also. More fuel for lsu's fire. I think it will be a good game...but hopefully we blow them out.
Yep gameday headed that way. Will there be redemption for picking the elephant?
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I don't know how old everybody else is but this is the first time in my life I've ever seen Ole Miss at 7-0. I don't want to see it stop. We are a better football team than LSU but it is going to be tough on the road in Death Valley. We have been seeing a change in style for the Rebels the past few weeks. The more conservative game plan has cut down on turnover and I think made us a better team. With the defense we have we don't have to take as many chances on offense. Our defense has played like it is a sin to give up a touchdown. I really wish they would have kept the couple of trash time TDs out of the end zone. They have just been dominate.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I've got my checkbook ready, and would appreciate your help if needed, to offer Corso some money NOT to pick us. The last thing we need added to this situation is the Corso Curse!!
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

CrossroadsReb wrote:I've got my checkbook ready, and would appreciate your help if needed, to offer Corso some money NOT to pick us. The last thing we need added to this situation is the Corso Curse!!
Something tells me we don't need to worry. I'm thinking he doesn't have the guts to withstand all the boos he'll get if he doesn't pick the Tigahs!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Those guys are finally playing like they're capable of and won't be intimidated. We're going to have to play our best game to leave Baton Rouge with a win.
I disagree! Mark my words, "We will beat LSUx playing as "good" as we did against UT." Play worse that that, and we might lose... But I don't believe we need our best to beat them.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I want to see our Defense kick them in the backside. I still say defense wins championships and offense fills seats.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

LSU has the run game rolling, but I am more worried about us. I think Hugh has been smart in dialing back the playbook, when we kind of get into the groove of the game. With how the defense has been playing, you pick your shots. I am very concerned about the struggles of the O-line and run game. They have to pick it up. The good news is, we havent come close to peaking offensively.. I just hope the D can continue the streak of nastiness. Death Valley is tough.. I think UK is solid, really would like to watch the replay of that one..

P.S.
I still have UK beating State...
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I don't think Kentucky is ready for MS State just yet. They are improved and seem to be headed in the right direction but I think State will be too physical for them at this point. I'm not sure they can even keep it respectable. I watched a little of the LSU/Kentucky replay and LSU pretty much just dominated the game with their running game. I am expecting a good old fashioned slobber knocker Saturday at death valley. I think it will be a close affair. I just hope we come out on the right end of it.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

LSU does not have Alabama's QB Sims and Cooper so their will be no need to have safety help over top of a LSU receiver which allowed for Bama to run the ball.

An one dimensional team coming into a game with our defense has no chance at being effective so therefore all we need from the offense is to score just enough which will be most of the game, but I don't think Hugh will shut it down in the fourth quarter this game so I actually think it won't be close.

That's all I have to say besides LSU will need our Australian punter Gleason, and Channing Ward to have a bad day on special teams for them to score.