One Disappointing Thing About The UT Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I was surprised at how many Vol fans were at the game last night. And while I'm glad they went home disappointed, I'm disappointed that they got so many tickets. They had several thousand more seats than the 'Bama fans did. The orange throughout the stadium was there for everyone to see. There is only one way they could have gotten that many tickets and that was for Ole Miss fans to sell their seats to Vol fans--most likely in the Memphis area.

I would hope the fans that did this will not do the same thing when Auburn and State fans ask. There were at least 10,000 Vol fans there in places that did not have an allotment.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

The face value of the tickets were $75.00. There have been comments that prices were from 200 to 400 per ticket. Some people may have just decided to take the easy money and watch the game from the comfort of their home.

As for me----history is in the making and I was not going to miss seeing 7-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

beastbutler65 wrote:The face value of the tickets were $75.00. There have been comments that prices were from 200 to 400 per ticket. Some people may have just decided to take the easy money and watch the game from the comfort of their home.

As for me----history is in the making and I was not going to miss seeing 7-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand that this was done for money. But I don't have to like it. Over on the Vol Nation Board, there's a thread about their taking 10,000 fans to Oxford (and Tunica) was the only highlight of the trip. Just doesn't set well with me. And as I said, I hope the fans that did it will be there in the seats for Auburn and State. I would never sell my tickets to SEC rivals, particularly State or LSU.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Couldn't agree more. I hate seeing all the seats usually filled with red and blue filled with opposing fans. I would rather eat mine.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

lots of folks hate seeing opposing fans in seats and give lip service like "I would rather eat mine than sell to an opponent"... with that said maybe we need to start a forum just for Ole Miss fans who can't make a game and want to sell their tickets for face value or for free... we have the perfect venue to make sure that rebel fans get the tickets...just sayin! thoughts?
Later,
Hagar
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I would gladly eat my $75 (more likely to GIVE to a Rebel fan) before even entertaining the idea of selling to an opponent OR to an entity that might sell it to an opponent.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:lots of folks hate seeing opposing fans in seats and give lip service like "I would rather eat mine than sell to an opponent"... with that said maybe we need to start a forum just for Ole Miss fans who can't make a game and want to sell their tickets for face value or for free... we have the perfect venue to make sure that rebel fans get the tickets...just sayin! thoughts?
I think this is a great idea.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:
Hagar wrote:lots of folks hate seeing opposing fans in seats and give lip service like "I would rather eat mine than sell to an opponent"... with that said maybe we need to start a forum just for Ole Miss fans who can't make a game and want to sell their tickets for face value or for free... we have the perfect venue to make sure that rebel fans get the tickets...just sayin! thoughts?
I think this is a great idea.
the new forum is created...your wish is my command...just post your unused tickets to the Ole Miss ticket exchange forum I have located under the locker room forum ( I did it this way so that we know if they can see the forum that they are for sure Rebel Fans) and maybe someone will buy em off of you for face value or be able to use them should you feel so compelled to give em away. Your welcome and thanx from everyone who will benefit from this gesture of good faith. If they are faithful posters and have locker room access then we know they are rebel fans and we can all rest assured that anyone who gets the tickets are FANatics.
Later,
Hagar
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Titles 'R Us wrote:I was surprised at how many Vol fans were at the game last night. And while I'm glad they went home disappointed, I'm disappointed that they got so many tickets. They had several thousand more seats than the 'Bama fans did. The orange throughout the stadium was there for everyone to see. There is only one way they could have gotten that many tickets and that was for Ole Miss fans to sell their seats to Vol fans--most likely in the Memphis area.

I would hope the fans that did this will not do the same thing when Auburn and State fans ask. There were at least 10,000 Vol fans there in places that did not have an allotment.

I had to work this weekend. A Rebel family member
sat in my seat! I too was surprised to see all that
Orange in the stands
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (208.55 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That, and the LARGE number of Ole Miss fans that left early! I sat in section N, and there was a LOT of orange in section M next to me. They stayed longer than many of the Ole Miss fans in my area.

1. If you're going to go, stay until the last tick!
2. If you're too d*** lazy or have something come up, get your tickets into Rebel hands!
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I sit in section M and my tailgating group has a serious no-opposition rule when it comes selling our tix. In fact, other members of the group get first bid. With that said, we did have 1 of 23 seats occupied by a vol (wife of one ticket holder). I wonder how many west TN vols bought our season tix for this game? Our section doesn't require a big donation and it's a long way to Knoxville for home games. Plus, they can probably make $ selling the other home tix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I haven't had season tickets for several years, but I ate the tickets several times because I couldn't go, and I refused to sell them to the opposing team's fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Oxford and the way they are running the bus shuttle is creating the LEAVE EARLY tide for dang sure. I waiter one hour and ten minutes in line Saturday for a bus to the Oxford High School lot! My wife did not go to the game for she feared such a wait. We waited one and one half hours after the LaLa game. We are 67 yoa and cannot take the standing and shuffling involved in such loooooooooooooooong waits.

We hustled out of the stadium after the Alabama game for we rushed the bus not the field. Due to the fact that most people stayed and stayed and stayed, we only had to wait ten minutes for the bus.

The problem is the number of buses allocated to each parking site. The Oxford Middle School-Activities Center is only apx. two mile round trip. The OHS run is aprx. ten miles round trip yet there were FIVE buses for the 2 mile run and TWO for the TEN mile run!!!!!!!!!!! As usual, the MS run finished first and they then put some of their buses over to the OHS run AFTER we had waited an hour.

If you stay for the entire game, you are very, very likely going to have to wait a MINIMUM of one hour to get a shuttle.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

a coworker's husband, who is a tennessee fan, went to the game. I can't wait on the report this morning on how much he enjoyed it.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I took 3 UT fans with me to Oxford and had it not been for the generosity of fellow Rebel fans we would've had to pay around 300/350 to get all of us a ticket. I have two season tickets(which we used) and my aunt got two more from some fellow Rebs that were in Chicago and couldn't make. A fifth one was given to me by an old frat brother(there were five of us in all, one was a frat brother that drove up from Brandon). I gave my tickets to my sister and her husband and the other 5 were in section N. We sat there so we could all sit together. They had a blast. They interacted with fellow Rebs sitting around us(in a good way). They got on to a few Vol fans who were a little obnoxious and generally had a good time other than the outcome of the game. Like they said beforehand, they were mainly coming for the experience and didn't expect to win anyways.

They had a blast on the Square Friday night and in the Grove all day Saturday. They all said they'd be cheering for the Rebs from now on(unless they played UT of course).

So I get where everyone is coming from. My parents used my Alabama tickets. But, if that hadn't been the case and I had a chance to sell those two tickets(from one game) to basically cover the cost of the entire season's worth of tickets, I would've done it in a heartbeat. I would've tried to sell to Rebels, but I would've taken that kind of money from anyone.

I would always rather have a Rebel use my tickets, but if it came down to making $800 dollars or eating them. I don't care if people don't like it, I'd sell them to whomever. I've been called a bad fan on here before so whatever.
Some Random Dude