So if we end the season with 3 losses

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

How much did the season fall a part. Nine wins is still a big deal and really good. Will certainly put us in a good bowl game. But will the fans throw bricks now because of the start to the season. If we never beat Alabama would we all think the season were headed towards great things still. How much has the 7-0 start clouded the minds of the Ole Miss fan base. We all want to the Rebels to be champions. But should we really get upset with nine or ten wins. No one expected this start coming into the season. So why can we not just all live with what happens from this point on.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

I personally would have jumped for joy if I could have had a crystal ball before the season and known that going into Nov. we would be 7-1 and 3 of our 4 games left at home. I'll still be proud as heck of what we have put on the field this year if we finish 9-3 but at this point I really want at least 10-2. Winning the west is so difficult and I would love to witness it at least once so I'm holding out hope till we are mathematically out.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

We should be very good next year on D. Question is, QB.
This will be a GOLDEN opportunity for one of them.
However, this season isn't over yet.
Come on, Bo! Let's get "er done!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We were exposed last night. We are weak against the inside run and our offense is horribly unbalanced. The teams we face from now on will know exactly what to do to stop us. Arkansas may beat the *beep* out of us. If we finish with 3 losses it will be a major disappointment and probably not even worthy of paying the money to go to the cotton or outback bowl. Especially since state will be at the orange or sugar bowl.
Goroth

jrebel87 wrote:We were exposed last night. We are weak against the inside run and our offense is horribly unbalanced. The teams we face from now on will know exactly what to do to stop us. Arkansas may beat the *beep* out of us. If we finish with 3 losses it will be a major disappointment and probably not even worthy of paying the money to go to the cotton or outback bowl. Especially since state will be at the orange or sugar bowl.
I believe LSU is better all around running the ball than Arkansas. Plus I feel that they did well after after halftime with the run. The defense just played the entire game. I don't feel at all that the team was exposed at all. They held the fort down after they saw what to expect. All this did was better prepare the team for the run in the future. If it didn't do that then the coaching staff has got to go.

No reason to hang your head on a nine or ten win season. If you have an issue with going to a new year days bowl. Then you must have forgot about the last 50 years.

You have to support the team during great seasons. So that they can grow with experience and recruitment. So that the next year will be that much better.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:How much did the season fall a part. Nine wins is still a big deal and really good. Will certainly put us in a good bowl game. But will the fans throw bricks now because of the start to the season. If we never beat Alabama would we all think the season were headed towards great things still. How much has the 7-0 start clouded the minds of the Ole Miss fan base. We all want to the Rebels to be champions. But should we really get upset with nine or ten wins. No one expected this start coming into the season. So why can we not just all live with what happens from this point on.
What I see is weeks 1-3 Freeze let the offense run loose, have fun, and dominate. The offense has been on a leash since coming back from the BYE in week 5 vs Memphis. Yes, defense wins games, but our defense didn't lose that one last night. Freeze did! The ultra-conservative play calling the past 5 games has kept most of them closer than they should have been.

At this point, we can't see that as "9 wins", we would have to see that as us ending the season by winning only 2 of the last 5 games. Not to mention where 3 conference losses would put us in the conference standings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by proud2breb on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

we need a really good running back
cajunrebel

fenderman wrote:we need a really good running back

This! We need a bigger bruising back. Was our last big one Brandon Bolden?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Then why haven't we recruited one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heath
All American
All American

cajunrebel wrote:

I am wondering about Nick Parker. Why can he not be that guy? That dude is huge! But, I still trust Freeze and feel there must be a reason Parker is not used more in that role.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Slow and was moved to TE.
Heath
All American
All American

GtownRebel wrote:Slow and was moved to TE.
Yeah, but when running up the middle, you don't necessarily expect break - away speed, or I don't at least. I am just looking for 3-5 yards, which the makes 2nd and 3rd downs much more manageable. But that is just me. I know Freeze knows a lot more than me.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

We have a BIG running back---Big Lig! He can run and he can dang sure block a lot better than many of the OL.

Why don't Freeze use him if Freeze is so hung up on running on first down???????????????
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

beastbutler65 wrote:We have a BIG running back---Big Lig! He can run and he can dang sure block a lot better than many of the OL.

Why don't Freeze use him if Freeze is so hung up on running on first down???????????????
very good point... I wonder if it is a "fumble thing" that is keeping him out of the backfield or a "Blocking" thing?
Later,
Hagar
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

cajunrebel wrote:

What about Akeem Judd? He is listed as 6-0, 220. He transferred from Georgia Military Academy and I am assuming he is redshirting this year.