Rebs #9 in Coaches' Poll

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Auburn is #4. Bottom line: Beat Auburn and Ole Miss still is in great shape. The committee's rankings may differ significantly from the polls, since they take metrics, SOS and other factors into consideration. It's entirely possible that both Florida State and Miss. State will have a loss by the end of the season. Even if FSU goes undefeated, that still leaves 3 spots among one-loss teams for the playoffs. Here's an interesting fact: 'Bama now becomes the Rebels' best friend. If 'Bama beats State and Auburn, and we take care of business from here on out, we still win the West.

Auburn has given up a lot of points in many games this year. We still have given up 10 points per game, and our D was spectacular in Baton Rouge. There are lots of negative posts on this board right now, but we still control our own destiny. We have the tiebreaker against 'Bama, and if we win out, all of our goals are still in front of us.
pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Titles 'R Us wrote: ... Beat Auburn and Ole Miss still is in great shape ... We have the tiebreaker against 'Bama, and if we win out, all of our goals are still in front of us.
Last night my wife was depressed after the game and I explained exactly what you said here and she began to see the bigger picture. Also I added a couple of caveats 1) we lost to a highly emotional LSU team (Les mother dying and kids wanted to win for him) and 2) we lost by 3 and could have won or tied it at the end. I think we might still be in it with a worse loss but if it had been a 31 point loss I think in the committee's mind we lose some edge as to who gets in.

As I explained to my wife "if there was a game we could afford to lose, this was exactly that game" LSU will finish pretty high and get a great bowl etc. and thus not making this loss look as horrible as a loss to Arkansas would have looked. Arkansas is up and down week to week and I hope we catch them on a down week but I believe they will trip somebody this year.

We hold our own destiny in our hands.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:Auburn is #4. Bottom line: Beat Auburn and Ole Miss still is in great shape. The committee's rankings may differ significantly from the polls, since they take metrics, SOS and other factors into consideration. It's entirely possible that both Florida State and Miss. State will have a loss by the end of the season. Even if FSU goes undefeated, that still leaves 3 spots among one-loss teams for the playoffs. Here's an interesting fact: 'Bama now becomes the Rebels' best friend. If 'Bama beats State and Auburn, and we take care of business from here on out, we still win the West.

Auburn has given up a lot of points in many games this year. We still have given up 10 points per game, and our D was spectacular in Baton Rouge. There are lots of negative posts on this board right now, but we still control our own destiny. We have the tiebreaker against 'Bama, and if we win out, all of our goals are still in front of us.
It doesn't matter if Bama beats state and Auburn. If we win out we win the west anyway but I definitely still want them to beat state and auburn.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

'Bama has come on strong. They will certainly want revenge against Auburn in TTown. State's good, but their D gives up tons of points to everybody. LSU has also come on strong. As was mentioned in this thread, Les Miles lost his mother, and LSU played a tough game, even though they made tons of mistakes. I'd also like to say this: no football game is as important as our loved ones. We need to put football in perspective.

Edit: Ole Miss is #7 in AP Poll. We are still in good shape if we win out. We also may very well be in the Top 5 in the first Playoff rankings. The LSU loss is what is termed a 'good' loss, much as it stings right now.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Auburn is #4. Bottom line: Beat Auburn and Ole Miss still is in great shape. The committee's rankings may differ significantly from the polls, since they take metrics, SOS and other factors into consideration. It's entirely possible that both Florida State and Miss. State will have a loss by the end of the season. Even if FSU goes undefeated, that still leaves 3 spots among one-loss teams for the playoffs. Here's an interesting fact: 'Bama now becomes the Rebels' best friend. If 'Bama beats State and Auburn, and we take care of business from here on out, we still win the West.

Doesn't matter what bama does with aubie or state. Only matters if we beat them.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

One game at a time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rebelpride1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Wherever the rankings put us tomorrow, we control our own destiny.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I expect us to be in the Top Six when the committee releases its first rankings.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

We still control our own destiny this time. One game at a time is our approach. We need to be there and be storng for our team. It is Time.