OK...in a nutshell

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I purposely stayed off the message boards for the past 2 days to allow the adrenaline to diminish. With that being said, here's my feelings about quite a few things.

1. R-E-L-A-X...if anyone had told you prior to the season that, after the LSU game we'd be 7-1, you would have taken it in a heartbeat.
2. Last week, on The Season, Cody Prewitt said the thing that has made this team so special is...ready...LEADERSHIP & MATURITY. By his actions early in the LSU game, Bo obviously didn't listen. He was so distracted by both LSU fans and players. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson...he can win some big games for us if he stays focused.
3. Yes, LSU ran on us. They had a great game play that could ONLY be successful if our defense spent a great deal of time on the field. As a result of our offensive woes, they did.
4. Keep hearing the "who do you blame" question about that last possession. Well, had we been prepared to get our FG team on the field, we're attempting a 42 yard FG to tie and go to OT. Blame = Freeze Once we decided to run a play after the delay penalty (which I agreed with), it should only be to pick up a few yards, get the ball to the left hash, or throw that sucker out of bounds. We didn't. Blame = Bo HOWEVER...Freeze had to have seen the mentality that Bo had exhibited earlier and KNOWN that he could try to win it on his own and MADE DANG SURE he knew to throw short or in the first row...I don't think he did this emphatically. Blame = Freeze
5. With all this in mind...we need some people (R. Nkemdiche, Prewitt, Tunsil, Still...) to get well to give us a legit chance to beat Auburn. WE CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY I really believe that Auburn's style of rushing the ball fits better with our defense. We are more of a finesse team up front and LSU just loaded up and ran OVER us. This isn't Auburn...more of a zone read. We've got to fill the Vaught, be loud, and hope for some improved play in the offensive line. The rest of our games are winnable.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Earlier, we were business like and focused. We were distracted by opposing fans and opposing players. Bo and the Rebels went to LSUx two years ago and almost beat them when we weren't even supposed to be close. did we listen to the media too much this time?

For whatever reason, we lost our focus, lost our business like approach to playing, and made wayyyyyyyy too many stupid immature mistakes and we got ourselves beat in the process.

The LSUx game reminded me a lot of Freeze's first year where we could get a lead but not keep it for lack of focus as well as lack of depth.

We can either feel sorry for ourselves and just quit or we can face the loss like a man and get on with business as usual. We will learn a lot about our team when they play Auburn.

What will happen? Right now, I do not know. I will simply trust Freeze and the seniors, including Bo, to get our team ready to play ball not jaw jack.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

beastbutler65 wrote:Earlier, we were business like and focused. We were distracted by opposing fans and opposing players. Bo and the Rebels went to LSUx two years ago and almost beat them when we weren't even supposed to be close. did we listen to the media too much this time?

For whatever reason, we lost our focus, lost our business like approach to playing, and made wayyyyyyyy too many stupid immature mistakes and we got ourselves beat in the process.

The LSUx game reminded me a lot of Freeze's first year where we could get a lead but not keep it for lack of focus as well as lack of depth.

We can either feel sorry for ourselves and just quit or we can face the loss like a man and get on with business as usual. We will learn a lot about our team when they play Auburn.

What will happen? Right now, I do not know. I will simply trust Freeze and the seniors, including Bo, to get our team ready to play ball not jaw jack.

CHF said yesterday that the "demeanor" of the entire team was different....so what is going on??? I hope we get it back on track....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So different in a bad way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B.F. 1
Water Boy
Water Boy

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:
beastbutler65 wrote:Earlier, we were business like and focused. We were distracted by opposing fans and opposing players. Bo and the Rebels went to LSUx two years ago and almost beat them when we weren't even supposed to be close. did we listen to the media too much this time?

CHF said yesterday that the "demeanor" of the entire team was different....so what is going on??? I hope we get it back on track....
It's called 100,000 screaming, rabid coona$$es.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

There were 110,00 screaming Texans at A&M. Compare the "attitude" and demeanor of the team there with spinning the football after an interception, head butting in front of refs, pointing at the scoreboard, and jaw jacking at the LSU fans.

In addition, we had MORE penalties in the ONE LSU game than in all THREE previous SEC games COMBINED!!!!!

Many on the team were NOT focused on football but were determined to act a fool!!!!!!!!!!
B.F. 1
Water Boy
Water Boy

beastbutler65 wrote:There were 110,00 screaming Texans at A&M. Compare the "attitude" and demeanor of the team there with spinning the football after an interception, head butting in front of refs, pointing at the scoreboard, and jaw jacking at the LSU fans.

In addition, we had MORE penalties in the ONE LSU game than in all THREE previous SEC games COMBINED!!!!!

Many on the team were NOT focused on football but were determined to act a fool!!!!!!!!!!
There is NO comparison between the fans at TAMU and LSU. TAMU is not a traditional rival...LSU is so the mentality is different. By both players and fans.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

You either have poise and confidence or you don't. Don't matter where you play. You either take care of business or show off.

We took care of business at A&M and had many players to show off at LSU. Did you hear or see Freeze and the players talking about how much FUN they had in Baton Rouge in 2012?

Where the heck was the fun this past Saturday? What was the difference in the "mentality" of 2012 and 2014? I don't know but something sure happened.