Freeze and Bo

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze needs to put more trust in Bo for the rest of the year. We aren't gonna win over one more game this year if we don't play the kind of ball that Freeze recruited these players to play. Freeze definitely doesn't trust Bo, but he has no choice. As Vaught use to say, we have to win with who brought us here. Bo gives us our best chance to win this year, and the offense HAS to open up in order for us to win ANY games left on our schedule. And one last thing. Bo, u need to follow orders also, that doesn't help the trust factor any when u don't follow instructions. Now that this is all behind us, let's go kick awbarn's butt.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Too much is being made about Bo... You have to be able to run the ball to win a championship at any level.. We could not run Saturday.. You could argue maybe we should pass to open up some things in the run game, but our offensive struggles have more to do with the O-line than Freeze or Bo..
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yeah even though we could beat the crap out if FSU Norte dame we still have holes to fill in order to win the west. Hopefully this season will put us in a position for another big recruiting class
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

I listened to the Coach's show on the radio tonight. It is called the "Call In" show but you can't call in. Wonder why? LOL

No one in the audience at the Buffalo Wild Wings joint asked Freeze so he mentioned it and Kellum asked him about the final play. Freeze stated what he has before about the options but that it did not happen. He was not critical or "throwing anybody under the bus."

Freeze's opening was humble, contrite, and somewhat apologetic for the way we played. He admitted that the team was not properly prepared for the atmosphere they encountered and reacted improperly to it.

What I did not like was the fact that Freeze never came out and said that he messed up for he included himself in with all those who messed up. He needs to understand that the $3 mil stops with him and he needs to say so plain and simple so there is no confusion. He can share the credit when we win but he ALONE is responsible for a loss.

Freeze can either turn loose and try his darnest to win or he can fold his tent and go home. If he is truly all in then he will go all out to win each and every game.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

beastbutler65 wrote:I listened to the Coach's show on the radio tonight. It is called the "Call In" show but you can't call in. Wonder why? LOL

No one in the audience at the Buffalo Wild Wings joint asked Freeze so he mentioned it and Kellum asked him about the final play. Freeze stated what he has before about the options but that it did not happen. He was not critical or "throwing anybody under the bus."

Freeze's opening was humble, contrite, and somewhat apologetic for the way we played. He admitted that the team was not properly prepared for the atmosphere they encountered and reacted improperly to it.

What I did not like was the fact that Freeze never came out and said that he messed up for he included himself in with all those who messed up. He needs to understand that the $3 mil stops with him and he needs to say so plain and simple so there is no confusion. He can share the credit when we win but he ALONE is responsible for a loss.

Freeze can either turn loose and try his darnest to win or he can fold his tent and go home. If he is truly all in then he will go all out to win each and every game.

I know we have some young guys on our team. but how do you go to Baton Rouge and not be properly prepared???
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:Too much is being made about Bo... You have to be able to run the ball to win a championship at any level.. We could not run Saturday.. You could argue maybe we should pass to open up some things in the run game, but our offensive struggles have more to do with the O-line than Freeze or Bo..
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. This has been and is our weakness this year.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Too much is being made about Bo... You have to be able to run the ball to win a championship at any level.. We could not run Saturday.. You could argue maybe we should pass to open up some things in the run game, but our offensive struggles have more to do with the O-line than Freeze or Bo..
Thank you Magee......exactly! Anyone that knows football can see that our O-Line is the issue.....whether its coaching the oline....the players themselves.....or oline in-game adjustments........this is our issue that needs to be addressed. ..period.
All these people that call out "bad bo" "freeze/offensive playcalling" or whatever, all you want.....but this is the root of our issues. Many NFL talent scouts have called Laremy Tunsil THE BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE NATION.....yet, we have trouble on the oline?.....i wonder why?

Chew on that......
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I watched the replay last night. On one of the Liggins first down runs, we pulled the off guard to lead the play. Liggins beat him to the hole, and bumped him out of the way.

Line play is definitely what is holding us back.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

academy reb wrote:I watched the replay last night. On one of the Liggins first down runs, we pulled the off guard to lead the play. Liggins beat him to the hole, and bumped him out of the way.

Virtually all of our run plays involve pulling 1-2 linemen who, in most cases, never get in position to make a significant block. I have no problem with pulling a play-side linemen...ours are almost always from the backside. Why not use the TE/H-back for those blocks. I was pleased, however, to see us FINALLY adding another option to the zone read by either having a second running back or a slot man in motion. If Bo is the only option other than the single back, his inability to break a big play keeps defenses from worrying about him keeping the ball.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

academy reb wrote:I watched the replay last night. On one of the Liggins first down runs, we pulled the off guard to lead the play. Liggins beat him to the hole, and bumped him out of the way.

You are exactly right.. I saw that live and made the comment to a guy with me.. You really dont need to pull with Liggins, just try to bring numbers to the hole..
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:
Thank you Magee......exactly! Anyone that knows football can see that our O-Line is the issue.....whether its coaching the oline....the players themselves.....or oline in-game adjustments........this is our issue that needs to be addressed. ..period.
All these people that call out "bad bo" "freeze/offensive playcalling" or whatever, all you want.....but this is the root of our issues. Many NFL talent scouts have called Laremy Tunsil THE BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE NATION.....yet, we have trouble on the oline?.....i wonder why?

Chew on that......

Correct!! On paper this should be the best O line since the current staff has been here... It could be the worst... I understand there are injuries, but next man up! Gotta coach up the bigs.. Keep waiting on them to gel, maybe this is the week..
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:
we have trouble on the oline?.....i wonder why?
As always, there are multiple reasons, but one of the greatest is inexperience. We only graduate one offensive lineman this year and he isn't even on the depth chart. The previous regime left the cupboard extremely bare particularly in those positions. There are five teams in the SEC in contention for playoff spots. The other three teams have olines composed mostly of redshirt junior, redshirt seniors and true seniors. Sure, there are a few outstanding underclassmen scattered here and there, but they are the exception. All of them except us have at least one with four or five years with the current coaching staff in the current system. We are ridiculously young and ridiculously lacking in depth on the offensive line. When you start from scratch as this staff has had to do, it takes more than three years to develop a quality line, especially when one of your key building pieces transfers. I'll help throw the noose over the tree limb if they aren't producing after they have had enough time, but they have not had enough time to build those positions with what they were given. It just takes longer to put together a quality line than it does any other positions.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

I sincerely hope that the coaching staff gets through to the players that this is the most important game that Ole Miss has played since the Compass Bowl that gave us a winning season. We can continue on a historic "journey" or we can take a side road to just being another team with two losses.

I will be there and I invite all of you readers to be there too!
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

In case some of y'all don't know there are 10 other players on offense other than Bo. The unnecessary hold on the touchdown run is just as bad in my eyes as the last play and don't forget we had some dropped balls that should have been have caught. Defense bent a little too much but sill played well with the exception of the touchdown. A lot of missed chances and it never should have came down to the last play.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

I agree. When LSU beat Ole Miss on the famous Billy Cannon punt return TD, LSU ALSO held Ole Miss FOUR times inside the TWO yard line in the fourth quarter!

No game comes down to the last play for there are always other plays previous to that that could have made a BIG difference in the game. It is the last play because the clock ran out not because it could have won the game.