Full disclosure...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I didn't watch the game. I refuse to watch the replay. My in-laws offered to keep all three kids last night so we went to dinner with another couple. Luckily, the husband was a Ole Miss grad school alum, so we kept checking the score and talking football. Totally irritating the wives.

Anyhoo, I know two things

1) It was Bo's fault

2) Treadwell. No other words necessary. I hope he heals well and is able to get back out there next year. Can you imagine the crowd after his first catch back?

So! What happened to the defense? Did RN and Prewitt play. If so, were they severely hampered.

I saw on Twitter that Tunsil apparently didn't play? If not, the O-Line must've had a decent game looking at the score.
Some Random Dude
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eh they had some good moments . Auburn got pressure all night and had like 5 sacks . If you take away Bo's runs we ended up with around 50 yard rushing .
Goroth

Tunsil left early in the first. He just couldn't go. Robert just didn't seem the same. Cody played well though.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I was really hoping we could pull this one out and then rest everyone over the next three weeks.
Some Random Dude
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Goroth wrote:Tunsil left early in the first. He just couldn't go. Robert just didn't seem the same. Cody played well though.
Prewitt played as well as he could for a guy who could not raise his arms. You watch a few of his tackles & he was just throwing his body at the guy. He played w/ heart all night, though his body was not ready.

BTW, don't forget we lost Elston, Mathers, & the OL was shuffled all night due to injuries. OL injury included new one to Morris. Did I mention before the end of the game we had a CB playing that had not seen action all season (#15). That Hilton was back at LB.

The last 2 weeks in the meat grinder have turned our guys into sausage. We seriously may have a problem beating "Open Date" in 2 weeks. These guys need a break in the worst of ways. I hope that CHF takes it easy on them this week, they have earned it.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What happened to the defense:
1) we are at the end of a very brutal stretch.
2) auburn has a very good offense
3) Prewitt was not 100%
4) Elston was injured and didn't play the second half
5) Serdarius Bryant was injured. He came back but wasn't 100%

I may be missing some factors, but isn't that enough? We came within a hair of beating an elite team and staying in the playoff hunt with four scant weeks left in the season. Of all the teams that can say that they stayed in playoff contention as long as we did, we return the most key players next year.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

lewindha wrote: 1) It was Bo's fault.
You're kidding, right?
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

CrossroadsReb wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Pretty sure that was sarcasm, as "Bo has been problem" all year.

Needless to say, Bo was like a rubberband, the way he bounced back.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

It was a hair from being win. We really need some more depth. Hopefully recruiting will pick up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CrossroadsReb wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Seriously. I'm like the lone Bo Wallace defender on this site. Sometimes I feel like his only fan. It. Was. A. Joke.
Some Random Dude
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

"Bo's fault"

No. Bo had a great game minus the one fumble but regardless our D was gassed and should not have come down to one turnover. And it didn't. It came down to two. And if this is why you say it's "Bo's fault. Then you then could also justify that it was treadwell's fault. Again. Please watch the game before making such bold statements
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Ok. I just read the above message. My bad
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

We had our chance at Atlanta. Still could, as unlikely as it is, but still possible. We have to man up and win from here on out, though.
And even if we do that, depends on what the others do. We shall see.
All I have to say is this. And any of you who take offence at it %&%&$&$. Laquan gave us the win. Bo gave us the win with a clutch throw.
The events that unfolded in a matter of seconds after. Hurts.
We still have a great shot at a great bowl, even if it isn't one of the playoff bowls.
I love you Laquan! GWS!!!! Love you too, Bo. Keep on keeping on. And the rest of the team, no, all of the team, YOU are my champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It was a made for prime time TV game. Somebody gotta lose. It had great offensive plays. Had some great defensive plays. Had some bad referee no calls. We've lost two games on the last play of the game. Sucks for us. Better than our 2-10 season. If we want our young men to rebound from this we have to first.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I was surprised Bo didn't get hurt several times. He still looked at the primary receiver a lot in the 2nd half, but maybe he didn't have time to look through his progressions. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have been as close to winning as we were. We have a depth problem and only recruiting will solve this. And we will have a new QB next fall which will hamper us in the 1st half of the season.

Mathers had a concussion after being targeted and it wasn't called. Trae Elston had a concussion and didn't play the 2nd half. A make-shift OL for the whole game. The DL was suffering. S. Bryant was hurt but came back to play. Prewitt was really hurt and played with heart all game. I am so glad we have basically 2 weeks off to recover, but we lost a lot of players in the last two games. ARk will be tough. MSU will be worse. We have been through a meat grinder this year and next year with 10 straight games without a break will not help us at all.