Who does ole miss need to cheer for to stay in playoff Pic?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jpsoldier24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Who do we need to be cheering for today is it Bama ?? And down the line don't we need aub to lose to Bama and Ga as long as we win out ??
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The other day I got bored, and looked at the remaining schedules of all teams. 3 of the 10 above us play each other. With LSU/Bama. To get to Atlanta, LSU needs to win, but a Bama win wouldn't be the end of the world for us. The easiest paths I saw belonged to Michigan St and Oregon. The biggest things to root for is stinker loses by anybody in the top 10.
jpsoldier24
Water Boy
Water Boy

So LSU upset today would make it easier for us to get back into pic ?? Sorry for double post
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jpsoldier24 wrote:So LSU upset today would make it easier for us to get back into pic ?? Sorry for double post

Would be the best shot at us making it to Atlanta, which would make it easier to get back into the playoff pic, but honestly I don't think this is as big of a deal as some of the outside games from outside the conf.
jpsoldier24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Need KState to win Also
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
jpsoldier24 wrote:So LSU upset today would make it easier for us to get back into pic ?? Sorry for double post

Would be the best shot at us making it to Atlanta, which would make it easier to get back into the playoff pic, but honestly I don't think this is as big of a deal as some of the outside games from outside the conf.
At this point, all we can worry about is getting in position to win the West, so yeah... LSU beating Bama is a big deal.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

The only thing is, if lsu wins, they would have the tie breaker over us and I don't see them losing again. I'm thinking a alabama win against lsu, Bama beating state and auburn. Then we take care of business the rest of the of the way would salvage a playoff spot for us.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:The only thing is, if lsu wins, they would have the tie breaker over us and I don't see them losing again. I'm thinking a alabama win against lsu, Bama beating state and auburn. Then we take care of business the rest of the of the way would salvage a playoff spot for us.
So explain how we get in ahead of a one loss Bama? I think your math is wrong!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

proud2breb wrote:
WildRebel wrote:The only thing is, if lsu wins, they would have the tie breaker over us and I don't see them losing again. I'm thinking a alabama win against lsu, Bama beating state and auburn. Then we take care of business the rest of the of the way would salvage a playoff spot for us.
So explain how we get in ahead of a one loss Bama? I think your math is wrong!
Never said we would. I think Bama wins out and just hoping the committee would put 2 sec teams in. Just my opinion. We need some other teams to lose. Michigan state losing tonight is good and Oregon needs to lose too.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:I'm thinking a alabama win against lsu, Bama beating state and auburn. Then we take care of business the rest of the of the way would salvage a playoff spot for us.
The only chance we have to get in with 2 losses is to get to Atlanta and win the SEC Championship.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Aubie losing shakes things up. I don't think lsu has to win this game anymore for us to make Atlanta. There is a lot of losing for teams above us. Heck I'm not positive Florida st will beat Florida. We just need to find ways to win, and route for bama hard against state.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

proud2breb wrote:
WildRebel wrote:I'm thinking a alabama win against lsu, Bama beating state and auburn. Then we take care of business the rest of the of the way would salvage a playoff spot for us.
The only chance we have to get in with 2 losses is to get to Atlanta and win the SEC Championship.
No.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I hate to call someone out and say they are wrong, but in this case you clearly are. We could win out and not make the 4 team playoff, but we only get in through Atlanta. To say otherwise, you're kidding yourself. LSU might help us tonight.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yeah, I don't think we get in with two losses without an SEC title.
Some Random Dude
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

proud2breb wrote:I hate to call someone out and say they are wrong, but in this case you clearly are. We could win out and not make the 4 team playoff, but we only get in through Atlanta. To say otherwise, you're kidding yourself. LSU might help us tonight.
Ok. It's my opinion as I stated. I think most of your statements are wrong and irritating but never point it out.