Regarding Freeze, us and Fla.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hearing that Freeze has agreed to $4M per year extension with coaches getting from $80-$100K bumps each. This sounds about right if true, which I think it probably is. Now, quit worrying and hope we beat the leg humpers.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Give him 2 more million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goroth

Fire Luke and save the money.

I don't know if another million is the best thing. But not my call either.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:Fire Luke and save the money.

I don't know if another million is the best thing. But not my call either.
This! Got to have an O-line next year to protect those young QB's. HOTTY TODDY

petelg18
Water Boy
Water Boy

I completely agree... A great offensive line is really the heart of a team..You can't get ANYTHING done without them..
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Per WHBQ 56 in Memphis, reporting he signed last night for 4 million per year, with half million given to his assistants. They and the Clarion Ledger are reporting that Hugh was offered the Florida job. With Freeze turning down Fla., one of the top 3 or 4 jobs in the country, doubt he goes anywhere as long as we hold up our end.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hearing Freeze agreed to terms last night and that the delay was to give Freeze time to divide up the pool of $500,000 so that all assistants would know what their raises were when the deal is announced. Freeze will decide by this morning, Ross will agree to it and Freeze will then tell the assistants what they're getting. Then the announcement will be made.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So Luke gets a raise too?

JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't know that I would call Florida one of the top 3 or 4 jobs in the country though. Top ten maybe.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:So Luke gets a raise too?

What I'm seeing, Luke ain't going anywhere. He was at Wommacks house last night with the egg bowl trophy, recruiting. From what I understand, Luke is one of our better recruiters. I too wanted a new oline coach, but it appears it ain't happening.
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

JustBlues wrote:I don't know that I would call Florida one of the top 3 or 4 jobs in the country though. Top ten maybe.
I think there is a very good argument that UF has been 1 of the top 5 jobs for years. FL recruiting being the biggest reason why. But don't forget the NO STATE INCOME TAX also.

It is easily 1 of the top jobs, to argue whether it is top 3 or 4 is debatable. It is better than top 10.

My top 3 are ALA, UTx, USC, & after that you could argue that they are 4th, or at least in the serious conversation.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
Goroth

Anyone that thinks HF should be a top 10 paid quality coach is wrong imo. But I don't have to be told I am wrong or right. That is why it's my opinion.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Parrish Alford of the Daily Journal is saying that Freeze reportedly agrees to Ole Miss extension.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Update on Hugh Freeze
By Scott Roussel on December 1, 2014

Following last night’s report from SB Nation that Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze had an offer from Florida to become their new head coach, I reached out to sources close to Freeze and Ole Miss.

Sources tell me there has been significant dialogue between Freeze and Florida, but that Ole Miss has been working with Freeze for some time on an extension. Sources I have spoken with believe Ole Miss will be in a position tomorrow to announce an extension with Freeze. I’ve heard terms of “at least four years” and “around $4 million” used.

Nothing is final until the ink is dry, but the people I have spoken with believe Hugh is in Oxford for the foreseeable future.

I understand why Florida would have interest in Freeze but as I stated last night, I simply didn’t see him not seeing this through further at Ole Miss, his home.

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-hugh-freeze/
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yeah I don't why he would want to leave and try to rebuild a failing program. He will be in the mix for a NC here