Hagar
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Yes, gone.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

What are the chances they hire Muschamp?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Hearing TAM is looking at him hard. He will find a home quickly.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:What are the chances they hire Muschamp?
I think that they will want Muschamp. The real question is if Muschamp will want them. He, like most defensive minded people, is not a fan of the HUNH and I question whether he could be satisfied working for someone with Malzahn's personality. We will see.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think he will be in the SEC with one of the teams...not sure which one.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Is Womack going to retire?

This is the cart, and the horse is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over here, but if Womack does wanna retire (and I heard that he was coaxed to come back for this season), this is not a bad season to look for SEC caliber D coordinators. Just sayin'.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Texas A&M as an offer to Muschamp on the table for $1.2 mil

Auburn is after him as well as South Carolina.

Muschamp is a hot commodity.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

It's a fact, sometimes. Great coordinator does not = Head Coach.
cajunrebel

Spurrier wants Muschamp bad and has an offer on the table but A&M can afford to pay a lot more for him if they are truly serious about retaining his services. Muschamp is on vacation in the Caribbean mulling things over. From fired to the hottest commodity. . . .not bad.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

cajunrebel wrote:Spurrier wants Muschamp bad and has an offer on the table but A&M can afford to pay a lot more for him if they are truly serious about retaining his services. Muschamp is on vacation in the Caribbean mulling things over. From fired to the hottest commodity. . . .not bad.
If I were him I think USC is where I would head. Why not go w/ Spurrier knowing that he is a few years away from retiring? Learn how to be a better HC from a NC winning coach & possibly be the HC in waiting.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rickochet2 wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:Spurrier wants Muschamp bad and has an offer on the table but A&M can afford to pay a lot more for him if they are truly serious about retaining his services. Muschamp is on vacation in the Caribbean mulling things over. From fired to the hottest commodity. . . .not bad.
If I were him I think USC is where I would head. Why not go w/ Spurrier knowing that he is a few years away from retiring? Learn how to be a better HC from a NC winning coach & possibly be the HC in waiting.
I don't think Muschamp will ever produce a winner at USCar... if Spurrier couldn't do it but occasionally, Mushcamp won't have half the success that Spurrier has enjoyed there.
Later,
Hagar
GtownRebel
All American
All American

As a DC - yes, as a HC I have my doubts.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

JustBlues wrote:
rebelbear wrote:What are the chances they hire Muschamp?
I think that they will want Muschamp. The real question is if Muschamp will want them. He, like most defensive minded people, is not a fan of the HUNH and I question whether he could be satisfied working for someone with Malzahn's personality. We will see.
It's a done deal. Muschamp to Auburn as DC.