I still stand by my statement

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We have a very bad basketball team . We are horrible shooting the ball and are average on defense . It's a flat out miracle we beat the last two teams we played .
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I watched a good bit of the second half. They looked pretty bad.
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

It is going to be a long season
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It is not a good team and yet, it should be.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Same problems as the last six years. With that being said I think they play together a lot better than last years team and at least they don't have MH out there looking like a clown. They better pray that Jarvis Summers doesn't get hurt. They looked clueless in a half court game the second half and went about ten minutes with 37 points. By the time they got off 37 the game was over.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

55chevy wrote:Same problems as the last six years. With that being said I think they play together a lot better than last years team and at least they don't have MH out there looking like a clown. They better pray that Jarvis Summers doesn't get hurt. They looked clueless in a half court game the second half and went about ten minutes with 37 points. By the time they got off 37 the game was over.
That "clown" is the reason they won the games they did last year. Now, without him, they are a very bad team. MH was the reason this team was successful the last two years.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:
55chevy wrote:Same problems as the last six years. With that being said I think they play together a lot better than last years team and at least they don't have MH out there looking like a clown. They better pray that Jarvis Summers doesn't get hurt. They looked clueless in a half court game the second half and went about ten minutes with 37 points. By the time they got off 37 the game was over.
That "clown" is the reason they won the games they did last year. Now, without him, they are a very bad team. MH was the reason this team was successful the last two years.
That last TWO years? I seem to remember only one of those being successful.
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think what he is saying it would have been horrible the last two years without MH. I have to agree with that.

But look at it this way...when the arena is built we will have 7 McDonald's All-Americans playing because of the arena and KY will have only a few of them. The arena will make us SEc Champions and in the final 4 of the Big Dance. We will see what happens.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:I think what he is saying it would have been horrible the last two years without MH. I have to agree with that.

But look at it this way...when the arena is built we will have 7 McDonald's All-Americans playing because of the arena and KY will have only a few of them. The arena will make us SEc Champions and in the final 4 of the Big Dance. We will see what happens.
Well, probably not the first year. But we'll give who ever the coach is at the time at least 8 years. By then, maybe the new arena will have had some small issues like birds getting in or something that we can blame mediocrity on.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ask Summers how important MH was. U see how he's doing this year now that's he's #1 instead of #2. We got outcoached bad last night, plus couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. Now that MH is gone, our offense looks like it did before he got here. Disappointed in the team, and it looks like a long year. I thought things had turned around after our last 2 wins. We better start playing TEAM ball, cause we don't have a player that can take over like we had in MH. Hoping things turn around, but I don't see it. Just not enough offense.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:I think what he is saying it would have been horrible the last two years without MH. I have to agree with that.

Well, probably not the first year. But we'll give who ever the coach is at the time at least 8 years. By then, maybe the new arena will have had some small issues like birds getting in or something that we can blame mediocrity on.
Eric, u can hate AK, and blast the program. But for u to act like our sorry arena doesn't hurt, VERY badly, any chance we have at top players is just wrong. We are a joke for a basketball program. If u think we've had much success recruiting good players, just name all those NBA players we've produced in the history of our great program....Then look at all the players in football and baseball we've put in the pros over time. Shows u where our focus has been and hasn't been. If AK stays on the path he's been on since last year, I'll be wanting him gone too, I've said as much. But I also realize we aren't exactly a place top players want to come to.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

How do we own Cincinnati and lose to TCU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:

Eric, u can hate AK, and blast the program. But for u to act like our sorry arena doesn't hurt, VERY badly, any chance we have at top players is just wrong. We are a joke for a basketball program. If u think we've had much success recruiting good players, just name all those NBA players we've produced in the history of our great program....Then look at all the players in football and baseball we've put in the pros over time. Shows u where our focus has been and hasn't been. If AK stays on the path he's been on since last year, I'll be wanting him gone too, I've said as much. But I also realize we aren't exactly a place top players want to come to.
I'm not going to speak for Eric, but I'm saying we HAVE the players now! Why are they so inconsistent? AK.... I mean IDK.... Stupid autocorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:

Ole Miss wasn't exactly a place where top footballers wanted to come either. You gotta have a coach that believes in Ole Miss just as much as his coaching ability. Granted our facilities in football are better, but there are better places as far as facilities and Ole Miss has consistently finished in the bottom of our division for a while now. But, for some odd reason we are getting good players and competing at a much higher level now.

I never said our facilities didn't hurt. Not once. But, you and other AK supporters put all of the blame on the facilities and none of it on the possibility that AK might not be that good of a coach. I mean, can you not teach people how to block out. That's one of the first things you learn how to do in basketball and Kennedy can't get these guys to do that. My bad, that's on the players, not the coach who's been here doing the same thing for 8 years.

I honestly think AK supporters think he poops gold.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

quote]I honestly think AK supporters think he poops gold.[/quote]

U mean he doesn't?????