Ole miss vs LSU TV?? Showing on sec network but can't find what channel it's on I have uverse

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jpsoldier24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Guys our game is showing that it's on SEC NETWORK I went to LSU basketball page it showed sec network went to our bball page it showed sec network but when I got to the Actual Sec network it doesn't list our game I really wanna watch we are developing into a good team I have uverse can y'all help in Louisiana too
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

maybe it will air in the 6-8 slot instead of NCAA basketball classic sports
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Guys, I don't get it! We took UK to OT in Lexington, dominated SC, then lose to LSwho??
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Relax, LSU is a really good team. Everything will be alright. Kennedy KNOWS how to 'build' a program. And that's what we're doing, we're building. We will raise expectations, not when the the current new arena is built, but when that one becomes dilapidated and a new, new one is built. Just gotta be patient.
Some Random Dude
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Maybe Coach Insell would consider coaching both teams?
Just another day being better than State.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

proud2breb wrote:Guys, I don't get it! We took UK to OT in Lexington, dominated SC, then lose to LSwho??
Everybody is going to give Kentucky their best shot and we had one of those games that most everything fell in. Kentucky was probably looking ahead and almost got caught napping. OM isn't a terrible team and actually should be a pretty decent team. OM has the same problems as always. Poor shot selection, no inside game, weak to no half court offense and they don't know how to take care of the ball. In a one or two possession ball game one or two turnovers or bad shots are the deciding factor. If I had a dollar for every time we took a poor shot with over twenty seconds left on the shot clock the past eight years I'd retire. You can force a contested long rage jumper any time. Why not try to get a decent shot and then take the contested long range prayer when the shot clock is a problem. We had Kentucky tied with the ball and about 15 seconds and settled for a 25 ft jumper in regulation and took a double clutch contested three at the end of the game with a man standing wide open at the top of the key. That in a nutshell has been AK's career at OM.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What cost the game last night was we couldn't shoot. It's funny certain posters won't come on here after a win, [see no post after the last 3 games] but when we lose they come on here with one hand on the key boards, and one hand in their lap. 2 years ago when they made themselves look like FOOLS, they wouldn't even come on and enjoy the ride. But I guess u have to be that way to be a Nellie. If Moody hadn't cramped up, we' would've beat Ky. But some just point to we was lucky and Ky. was looking ahead. Such a Nellie attitude. AK may have sealed his fate with the decisions he made after last season. I think he panicked, and brought in the transfers. One is doing ok, but the other isn't. And I think getting rid of Joesaar was a big mistake. But the reason we lost last night was our shooting. We were being out rebounded bad at half time, but ended the game out rebounding them, so AK is doing something. But this team doesn't play good together, and Summers isn't playing good half the time. Our bigs scored several points last night, so our inside game must be decent. But we also missed wide open looks under the basket, ask Jones about that, again, we couldn't shoot. U don't win shooting 30% from the floor. If we have another season this year like last, AK should be gone. LSU has a good team, maybe second best in the conference. And they'll get much better very fast. They have 2 of the top 15 players in the country coming in next year. One of them is the #2 player in the country. I do agree with our last shot in regulation against Ky. I was yelling at that play also, horrible. And we're probably lose our next few games, AK has better get this team playing better or he'll probably be gone. And then, Lord help us with a replacement, cause if we miss..............
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If we miss, what? We'll go another 9 years with maybe one tourney appearance. At this point, I'm calling that fluke. We weren't gonna make the tourney with our resume, Kennedy finally got them playing to their potential at the END of the season and we had enough in the tank for a run at the conference tourney. The team was good enough to not have to do that, but due to stellar coaching we had to.

All those things you mentioned were the reason we lost. Notice a pattern? Poor shooting, not taking care of the ball.

Again, yes, LSU is a good team. But, at what point do you say, Jim, we have to beat these teams to level up. Stop making the same excuses over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over(that's not quite 9 years worth, but you get it, I hope).

At this point, I'd hire proud2breb to coach just to get some fresh meat in there. Seriously, if being irrelevant in basketball is what you're striving for here, then Kennedy is our Bear Bryant. But, if not, what does it hurt to go in another direction?
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:If we miss, what? We'll go another 9 years with maybe one tourney appearance. At this point, I'm calling that fluke. We weren't gonna make the tourney with our resume, Kennedy finally got them playing to their potential at the END of the season and we had enough in the tank for a run at the conference tourney. The team was good enough to not have to do that, but due to stellar coaching we had to.

All those things you mentioned were the reason we lost. Notice a pattern? Poor shooting, not taking care of the ball.

Again, yes, LSU is a good team. But, at what point do you say, Jim, we have to beat these teams to level up. Stop making the same excuses over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over(that's not quite 9 years worth, but you get it, I hope).

At this point, I'd hire proud2breb to coach just to get some fresh meat in there. Seriously, if being irrelevant in basketball is what you're striving for here, then Kennedy is our Bear Bryant. But, if not, what does it hurt to go in another direction?
If we don't win at least 20 games this year, which I really doubt, then he needs to leave. I said after the first game of the year we better change some things fast. If we fire AK, maybe White is the answer, although I'm not sold on him. I'd rather go after a coach at a small school doing great.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

What makes anybody believe Michael White can win at Ole Miss. Is he setting the world on fire where he's at. If you want a basketball program you better find a guy who can coach instead of trying to find a guy who can recruit enough talent to win with. Yes, you do have to have talent but there are guys who could take the talent we have right now and make a difference in a short time. Let's take Rick Ray for example. This is his third year. Take a good objective look at the program and if you can tell me you think he's going to get it done at State I'm going to tell you that you must see things I can't see. Same deal with the mystical twenty win season. Who cares how many wins you have when you are beating teams that most people have never heard of. When you have to weaken your schedule down to get some easy wins before conference play begins you might have a problem. It should have been obvious to even the most diehard Rebel fans that a change should have been made long ago. And since everybody talks about the NCAA tournament. You don't get to the tournament by beating nobodies. I've said it before but if you really think you are good enough to deserve a NCAA spot if you will play a decent schedule against teams that should be in the tournament year in and year out you will get in if you are good enough. Our delusion the past decade has been to play a weak watered down schedule in non conference and play around.500 in conference and pray that the people making the decisions will over look a deserving team for us. We have a program that has had potential for several years but continues to flounder in mediocrity. It is above my comprehension that anybody could believe that things could be any different unless changes are made.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It doesn't have to be White. It doesn't have to be Calipari. At this point, I'll settle for ANYBODY not named Andy Kennedy.

We should have fired Kennedy and thrown the bank at Pearl, IMO. But, that ship has sailed. So really, just pick anybody. Pick a high school coach. Worked out in football so far. Anybody. Please, just do it.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This post is for Jim and anyone else with the illusion that winning 20 games still means anything. Newsflash, it doesn't to the selection committee and it shouldn't to us. Back when NCAA bball seasons were shorter, 20 wins was the target that everyone talked about getting you in the conversation for the tourney.

Now it's about the four "R's": Ranking, Record, Resume, and RPI. We've got no ranking, and we're too far back to get any attention from voters. Record... At 10-6, were at 62% which is just below AK's carrer winning % at Ole Miss (63.1%) and we're fighting an uphill battle. Resume only matters when you actually beat a good team, going to overtime doesn't add value and neither do wins over "good teams" like SC and SEMO. All that stuff impacts RPI, and we're currently at 63, which with all the automatic bids were not even on the bubble. Yes, it's too early to matter! Yes, we have a chance! But even if we sneak in, who really thinks we could actually compete and maybe make the Sweet 16 this year?

With the rest of our schedule, we need to get to 24 W's and then need some help.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Right now I would pick the girl's coach, Matt Insell. They are 4-1 in the SEC without any height. They play defense and have some 3 point shooters that can make the shot. With a couple of years recruiting, he will be in a position to run for the SEC title possibly. He is trying to recruit the #1 player now I hear.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

In AK's first 7 years, we won the west twice, and would've won it a third time but the east and west were combined that 7th year. So all u talking about him just winning OOC games are wrong. The NCAA screwed us not having us dancing those years. He is the only coach that doesn't have a losing SEC record in the history of our program. So for u that are saying he just won OOC games are wrong. He won more SEC games than anyone we've ever had. But last year and now this year are worse than he's done in previous years, and could be his undoing. Him taking a chance redoing the team this past off season isn't working. And I can't support him if we continue playing like we have last season and this one.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:In AK's first 7 years, we won the west twice, and would've won it a third time but the east and west were combined that 7th year. So all u talking about him just winning OOC games are wrong. The NCAA screwed us not having us dancing those years. He is the only coach that doesn't have a losing SEC record in the history of our program. So for u that are saying he just won OOC games are wrong. He won more SEC games than anyone we've ever had. But last year and now this year are worse than he's done in previous years, and could be his undoing. Him taking a chance redoing the team this past off season isn't working. And I can't support him if we continue playing like we have last season and this one.
I'll give you this: "He won more SEC games than anyone we've ever had." Right now, that's 68... one more SEC win than he has SEC losses. You can't dispute his records! He has more total wins than any coach in Ole Miss history. He's also number 2 in total losses in Ole Miss history. But don't worry, he's only 3 loses away and will own the number 1 spot in 2 months. If he coaches a few more years, his loss record at Ole Miss will be unbeatable! Oh yeah, and let's not forget the record or fewest NCAA appearances for a 7+ year coach.