This is looking like Mike's worst team yet

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

They have some serious issues at the plate and the bullpen is very thin. We look like we're going to struggle to even be at .500 this year, much less make the NCAA tournament.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If we don't find some more pitching, next year will be worse than this year. We lose both our Friday and Saturday starters after this year, and right now those 2 are all I see as dependable pitchers. Our hitting is beyond bad right now. Louisville gave us 5 walk and 3 errors, and we still couldn't do anything on just 5 hits.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:They have some serious issues at the plate and the bullpen is very thin. We look like we're going to struggle to even be at .500 this year, much less make the NCAA tournament.
The struggle is at the plate. Need these young guys to start hitting.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:They have some serious issues at the plate and the bullpen is very thin. We look like we're going to struggle to even be at .500 this year, much less make the NCAA tournament.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I think it's too early to bail on this team. They've played a very tough non-conference schedule and are being given credit for that with a high RPI. Let's see how they look after the two upcoming series with LSU and Florida.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:I think it's too early to bail on this team. They've played a very tough non-conference schedule and are being given credit for that with a high RPI. Let's see how they look after the two upcoming series with LSU and Florida.
I agree with your logic, but this is NOT where you want to be at this point in the season. 3 losses would be acceptable at this point, we have twice that. I think it's WAY too early to bail. This team is young, and Bianca has proven they will get better throughout the season.
Goroth

proud2breb wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:I think it's too early to bail on this team. They've played a very tough non-conference schedule and are being given credit for that with a high RPI. Let's see how they look after the two upcoming series with LSU and Florida.
I agree with your logic, but this is NOT where you want to be at this point in the season. 3 losses would be acceptable at this point, we have twice that. I think it's WAY too early to bail. This team is young, and Bianca has proven they will get better throughout the season.
At what point do you start to post for Bianco to be fired?
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I certainly didn't say anything about Bianco being fired.
Goroth

I certainly wasn't referring to your post. I should of edited your part away. Sorry for the confusion.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

This is what I am hoping about this year's team: that the really tough schedule will pay off and that our hitting will heat up with the weather. We also need to find a Sunday pitcher and a real closer. SEC play quickly separates the men from the boys.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Trial by fire starting tonight!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I do believe we're seeing our best we can possibly be. Unfortunately it's gonna be a long miserable year with maybe a few surprise wins, like Saturday, but I'm not expecting much improvement.

We're a young team and not hitting whatsoever. I'm not impressed with pitching either. Bianca has done wonders for our baseball program, in fact he's the reason we've come to expect great teams that have Omaha potential. But, I guess this is gonna happen from time to time.

Hope I'm wrong and we miraculously pull it together but I just don't see the experience and grind we've had in the past.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

WildRebel wrote:I do believe we're seeing our best we can possibly be. Unfortunately it's gonna be a long miserable year with maybe a few surprise wins, like Saturday, but I'm not expecting much improvement.

We're a young team and not hitting whatsoever. I'm not impressed with pitching either. Bianca has done wonders for our baseball program, in fact he's the reason we've come to expect great teams that have Omaha potential. But, I guess this is gonna happen from time to time.

Hope I'm wrong and we miraculously pull it together but I just don't see the experience and grind we've had in the past.
100% agree with everything in this post. Bianco is entitled to a bad year or two after the Omaha trip, especially considering we lost the majority of our team after last year. However, it still sucks to know we won't be repeating the journey this year.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Warren Nolan currently has us at #11 in RPI. Our strength of schedule is ranked as the second toughest in the nation so far. I wouldn't give up on the season just yet. There are some definite concerns, such as the 3rd spot in the weekend rotation, but also time to figure something out.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:Warren Nolan currently has us at #11 in RPI. Our strength of schedule is ranked as the second toughest in the nation so far. I wouldn't give up on the season just yet. There are some definite concerns, such as the 3rd spot in the weekend rotation, but also time to figure something out.
Saw where we'll have a different starter this Sunday.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food