Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

At 11 AM I think Tuesday.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Goroth

This is a game I feel pretty good about. Could be seeing the Rebs play more than one more time.
jpsoldier24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Yes we r in now we must make something of it winable game one gane at a time
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

BYU is in a weak conference. I think we can beat BYU if Moody,Snoop and Summers have a good game
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote:At 11 AM I think Tuesday.
From what I saw, the game is at 6:40 eastern time...anyone else know any different?
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Slow down... We're in the same boat we were in 2 games ago. We still need one win to make the field of 64. BYU Is beatable, but they did beat #7 Gonzaga on 3/2 in Spokane, WA. Their only loss in the past 10 games was to #7 Gonzaga in the WCC tournament championship game. They are a good team!
Last edited by proud2breb on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CrossroadsReb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:At 11 AM I think Tuesday.
From what I saw, the game is at 6:40 eastern time...anyone else know any different?
Try 9:10 PM Eastern, 8:10 PM our time. Should be a good game, but could just as easily be a blowout either way.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:BYU is in a weak conference. I think we can beat BYU if Moody,Snoop and Summers have a good game

I agree.. For us to beat just about anybody, shots have to fall for our guards.. Need 2 out of the 3 to have a good game.. If all 3 are on, that's when we are at our best and capable of beating a lot of teams.. You saw it at the end of the SC game, hopefully coaches payed attention to it, Mood comes off a pick and draws 3 defenders which gave Summers a wide open 3.. No reason Moody shouldn't be over 5 assists every game..
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

MageeRebel425 wrote:
14zrebs wrote:BYU is in a weak conference. I think we can beat BYU if Moody,Snoop and Summers have a good game

I agree.. For us to beat just about anybody, shots have to fall for our guards.. Need 2 out of the 3 to have a good game.. If all 3 are on, that's when we are at our best and capable of beating a lot of teams.. You saw it at the end of the SC game, hopefully coaches payed attention to it, Mood comes off a pick and draws 3 defenders which gave Summers a wide open 3.. No reason Moody shouldn't be over 5 assists every game..
I agree. If BYU Keys on Moody he can do a lot of damage dishing the ball. Unlike MH Moody is an unselfish team player as such he doesn't have to score 20+ for us to win as long as other players can make open shots.
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

I haven't watched enough basketball this year to know about BYU, so I'm going to be nervous every game from here out.

I'm just glad we are in it. Always easier with recruiting when you make the dance.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

carl winslow wrote:I haven't watched enough basketball this year to know about BYU, so I'm going to be nervous every game from here out.

I'm just glad we are in it. Always easier with recruiting when you make the dance.
Me neither, but they beat Gonzaga at Gonzaga 2 weeks ago. That tells me they're much better than SC or Vandy.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'm a Gonzaga fan and watch them all the time. I watched Gonzaga play BYU twice including the game they beat Gonzaga at Spokane. BYU likes to get it up and down the floor and will want to do that against OM also. They handle and pass the ball better than OM does and on paper this looks like a pickem game. OM should be a little more athletic over all and that very well could be the difference. Both teams can shoot it but BYU may be a little more consistent shooting it than OM if for nothing else the shots that they take. If OM shows up and plays like they did against SC they will get run out of the gym. If they play like they did for the two or three weeks to get in position to make the tournament they should be fine. Hawes gets a lot of attention but they also have several other sound players. This team isn't a one trick pony. It should make for a very entertaining game. I think OM should win but most of the so called experts have BYU winning.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:I'm a Gonzaga fan and watch them all the time. I watched Gonzaga play BYU twice including the game they beat Gonzaga at Spokane. BYU likes to get it up and down the floor and will want to do that against OM also. They handle and pass the ball better than OM does and on paper this looks like a pickem game. OM should be a little more athletic over all and that very well could be the difference. Both teams can shoot it but BYU may be a little more consistent shooting it than OM if for nothing else the shots that they take. If OM shows up and plays like they did against SC they will get run out of the gym. If they play like they did for the two or three weeks to get in position to make the tournament they should be fine. Hawes gets a lot of attention but they also have several other sound players. This team isn't a one trick pony. It should make for a very entertaining game. I think OM should win but most of the so called experts have BYU winning.
Thanks for the info and good post 55.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

55chevy wrote:I'm a Gonzaga fan and watch them all the time. I watched Gonzaga play BYU twice including the game they beat Gonzaga at Spokane. BYU likes to get it up and down the floor and will want to do that against OM also. They handle and pass the ball better than OM does and on paper this looks like a pickem game. OM should be a little more athletic over all and that very well could be the difference. Both teams can shoot it but BYU may be a little more consistent shooting it than OM if for nothing else the shots that they take. If OM shows up and plays like they did against SC they will get run out of the gym. If they play like they did for the two or three weeks to get in position to make the tournament they should be fine. Hawes gets a lot of attention but they also have several other sound players. This team isn't a one trick pony. It should make for a very entertaining game. I think OM should win but most of the so called experts have BYU winning.
When U say we R more "athletic" are U talking about our guards? How do our forwards match up?
CougarBlue
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hey BYU fan here. I come in peace! :D

Just wanted to highlight a few players for you guys:
Kyle Collinsworth (6'6" Jr PG) broke the NCAA single season record for triple doubles (6, and was REALLY close to getting 3-4 more). He's a terrible shooter, but is fast and strong to the hole and is comfortable posting up other guards. Really fun player to watch and can take over a game in a lot of different ways.

Tyler Haws (6'5" Sr SG) gets the most media coverage. 4th in the country in PPG and probably the best midrange jumper in college basketball. He's not super athletic though, so he relies on off-ball movement and has been shut down by more athletic teams

Our frontcourt is out biggest weakness. Our only big man worth mentioning is Corbin Kaufusi (6'10" Fr C). Was going to play football here but he grew 6 inches while serving as a missionary and switched to basketball. He's got NBA athleticism, but is EXTREMELY raw. His defense/rebounding/shot blocking has improved a lot, but he's still a non-factor on offense, and is hampered by foul trouble more often than not.

Overall, we're ALWAYS pushing the tempo (2nd in PPG as a team in the NCAA). We like to run and shoot the three. While exciting to watch, it can lead to a lot of ups and downs. When the shots aren't falling, we've lost to some terrible teams. Our defense is generally terrible, but improved down the stretch, helping us finish 8-1, including breaking Gonzaga's 41 game home win streak

Anyway, mad props to you guys for taking Kentucky into overtime, and here's to hoping that's not the team that shows up tomorrow! Should be a great game.