I am not in Oxford any more or I would.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

nm
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nope. Use to go to all of them back in the 70's. They use to be free. But the way we do it now, I'll watch it on the tellie.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:Nope. Use to go to all of them back in the 70's. They use to be free. But the way we do it now, I'll watch it on the tellie.
I used to get tickets to red blue game because I ordered season tickets. Do they not do this any more?? I now order season tix with family members.. :?:
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

it is free now and so is parking, gates open at 11, game @ 12... I am going and I will do my best to post my thoughts and observances. Freeze has already said that everything will be very vanilla though. I don't think it is televised though... I could be wrong though as well.
Later,
Hagar
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:it is free now and so is parking, gates open at 11, game @ 12... I am going and I will do my best to post my thoughts and observances. Freeze has already said that everything will be very vanilla though. I don't think it is televised though... I could be wrong though as well.
my understanding is that all SEC spring games will be televised live on SEC Network + and then rebroadcast later on SEC Network.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

okay I promised a report of the game I saw

Chad Kelly is all he is billed to be and then some...I have never seen a QB @ OM with his ability since
Archie...he can make all of the throws and does so very quickly and has tremendous pocket presence.

Devante Kincade and Ryan Buchanan are very close with the edge going to DK...he seems to be able to do things on broken plays that gives him the nod for me over RB...if the DEF OM is going against is vulnerable to the pass then I expect i would give the nod to RB if the Defense is vulnerable to the run I think maybe DK would be the wise choice. Both are very close together in abilities but DK just seems to make things flow a little easier and RB seems to have a little bit better arm. Kendrick Doss is a pretty good free safety.

Tony Bridges and Tee Shepherd are true lockdown corners probably on a national level.

WE are going to be better than I thought in the running game... Akeem Judd is a load to bring down and has very good hands out of the backfield. Wilkins is progressing nicely as well.. Eugene Brazley has that Dexter Quick twitch and is pretty quick in the backfield and I like him...Jaylon walton is probably going to get the nod to start but he is 4th on my team if you ask me. I am still not sold on him but he is a SR.

The Def is going to be better than last year but they were very vanilla today.

Our WR's are the best in the nation period. nothing more to be said on that.

thoughts? questions? Fire away.
Later,
Hagar
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

How was oline play? I know we were banged up but anything worth talking about?

Good to hear about kelly as I've been hearing basically what you've said. Seems like were actually building depth at QB which is also good to hear...

My biggest interest is the running game. I Miss those deuce/bolden days. I Have my hopes set high for the Judd/Wilkins tandem to bring a decent running game this year.

Also any injuries?
Goroth

Liggins is a major work in progress still. I will be shocked to see him starting every day.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote:okay I promised a report of the game I saw

Chad Kelly is all he is billed to be and then some...I have never seen a QB @ OM with his ability since
Archie...he can make all of the throws and does so very quickly and has tremendous pocket presence.

Devante Kincade and Ryan Buchanan are very close with the edge going to DK...he seems to be able to do things on broken plays that gives him the nod for me over RB...if the DEF OM is going against is vulnerable to the pass then I expect i would give the nod to RB if the Defense is vulnerable to the run I think maybe DK would be the wise choice. Both are very close together in abilities but DK just seems to make things flow a little easier and RB seems to have a little bit better arm. Kendrick Doss is a pretty good free safety.

Tony Bridges and Tee Shepherd are true lockdown corners probably on a national level.

WE are going to be better than I thought in the running game... Akeem Judd is a load to bring down and has very good hands out of the backfield. Wilkins is progressing nicely as well.. Eugene Brazley has that Dexter Quick twitch and is pretty quick in the backfield and I like him...Jaylon walton is probably going to get the nod to start but he is 4th on my team if you ask me. I am still not sold on him but he is a SR.

The Def is going to be better than last year but they were very vanilla today.

Our WR's are the best in the nation period. nothing more to be said on that.

thoughts? questions? Fire away.
VERY disappointed in the number of drops our WR had today. I agree, they SHOULD be the best in the nation, but based on today (and CHF's comments about lack of consistency from the WR), we've got some work to do. Kelly's arm is amazing...doesn't even appear to be using lower body in his throws.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
cajunrebel

Hagar,

Thanks for the report. What would be your order of depth at RB? Were there a lot of people there? See any good recruits?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

no recruits were seen by me but I imagine they were out of sight either on the sidelines or upstairs...the O line was surprisingly good but our Dline was so vanilla to not show anything on the Oline. The RB situation is going to one that is going to be decided by what the defenses we are seeing are showing they are vulnerable to. Akeem Judd is the bruiser up the middle and jordan can sorta do inside and outside and
Brazley is a little quicker twitch....so I guess you can say it is sort of a RB by committee... Jaylon walton could carry their water to em when the commercials breaks come on i guess. I thought there were about 20 k folks there. one side looked pretty full to me.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:no recruits were seen by me but I imagine they were out of sight either on the sidelines or upstairs...the O line was surprisingly good but our Dline was so vanilla to not show anything on the Oline. The RB situation is going to one that is going to be decided by what the defenses we are seeing are showing they are vulnerable to. Akeem Judd is the bruiser up the middle and jordan can sorta do inside and outside and
Brazley is a little quicker twitch....so I guess you can say it is sort of a RB by committee... Jaylon walton could carry their water to em when the commercials breaks come on i guess. I thought there were about 20 k folks there. one side looked pretty full to me.
Being reported that the attendance was 15,000. I think Walton will be the starter at RB when the season opens.
Last edited by rebeljim on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So what is it about Walton(and Mathers for that matter) that everyone hates? I know they seem to be easy to tackle, but we complain about how bad the O-Line is and then complain about the RB's at the same time.

We got sacked a lot and we couldn't run the ball with our O-Line.

Walton has had moments. The catch against Bama. The run against State. He's very good catching out of the backfield, IMO.

I leave Mathers out b/c he's gone and it just doesn't matter.

If these other guys are better, then great. Just curious why everyone hates Walton? It's not just here, folks on Rivals hate on him, too.
Some Random Dude