Some Assumptions

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

The talking heads have all been anointed Auburn as the SEC Champion this fall. Seems the Muschamp hire is driving the buzz. The assumption is that Auburn won't drop games the way they did last year because of their porous D. The other assumption is that 'Bama will get everything together and, if Auburn doesn't win the SEC, the Tide will. Even though they have some questions in their secondary and a largely uproven QB.

The best I've seen Ole Miss predicted was 10-2, losing to both the Alabama teams. I see at least a split this year with our D being the closer. I also see our QB as a game manager with plenty of weapons to keep him from forcing the issue. Rod Taylor will end up playing through his injury, and I see the O-Line as coming through in the big games.

We are being viewed as the third-best team in the SEC West, and therefore the league this fall. I would be surprised if we win less than 10 games in the regular season. I think this is the year we win the West.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Both Bama and awbarn have more talent than we do. No surprise they're picked higher than us. But the better team doesn't always wins, maybe we'll out play them and get the "W'?
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

As long as our starters remain healthy, I think right now we have the equivalent talent of anyone in the nation, let alone the SEC. But we cannot afford injuries. That's the x-factor. Stay healthy = skies the limit.
Let's go win a national title!!!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

BobReb wrote:As long as our starters remain healthy, I think right now we have the equivalent talent of anyone in the nation, let alone the SEC. But we cannot afford injuries. That's the x-factor. Stay healthy = skies the limit.
Let's go win a national title!!!
Where would injuries hurt OM the most - offensive line. Beyond that I don't see any weakness.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

QB? Who, I don't know. But this position, and whoever is finally the starter is the most important.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

My preseason prognostication...
We win the West, play Ohio State in the first round.
Defeat them.
Georgia plays TCU in the first round, loses.
We play TCU for the national title. It would be all the press/media hype of all time.
And we come out on top, NC's!
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

:D
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I would LOVE a TCU rematch!!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Just dreaming...
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

But it is a possibility. :D
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Seems most are picking us 4th in the west and saying only the top 3 have a real chance at winning the west. There is always one of two things to prove in sports. Prove them right or prove them wrong.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

bbqit wrote:Seems most are picking us 4th in the west and saying only the top 3 have a real chance at winning the west. There is always one of two things to prove in sports. Prove them right or prove them wrong.
EXACTLY. We can do it. Look how close the uglies came to it, as did we. Need a little luck, but possible more so than since Eli was here...