Counts as a win...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It goes in the record book as a win and nobody should apologize for that, but that was not very pretty... I could see it coming a mile away, nailed our score missed theirs by 3 on the prediction thread. A few thoughts.
1. Chad Kelly is very much human and didn't play very well tonight. Had a really bad int at a really bad time... Both picks were into double coverage.. The D bailed him out, as I hope they can continue to do.
2. The O line really needs Tunsil back.. The rushing numbers are a little skewed, but we really did not come close to controlling the line of scrimmage. Had a ton of plays deep in the red zone and could not hammer it in.. We have issues in several spots and have a lot of youth on the line, but if we could get Tunsil back it allows Cooper to slide back to RT, which gives you solid book ends and allows you to get creative inside. It would be a dream come true to get him back this week, I know that is highly unlikely.. Maybe at least we will hear some word this week.
3. D was good, but not dominate... We kept them out of the end zone at times, but the D was not elite tonight.. They converted a lot of 3rd downs because of holes in zones.. We had contact sometimes, but allowed a lot of YAC yards. Had some hurries but no sacks.
4. Florida is high as a kite, and will be playing with a lot of confidence after their win tonight.. The Swamp will be rocking, and it will take much better effort than we played with tonight to win that game.. This is the scariest game on the schedule to me, because of everybody that is out combined with time and place.
5. You would much rather learn from an ugly win than a pretty lose....
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I was expecting a let down after the Alabama game....just not near as much of a let down as we saw tonight. I think OM is capable of beating any team left on it's schedule but I can also see a lot of teams that can beat OM on any given day also. When you get the ball inside the five yard line against Vandy, if you cannot run the ball into the endzone on a consistent basis you have problems. OM struggled to do this more than I care to remember. Chad Kelly looked very much like Bo Wallace tonight and I didn't mean that as a compliment. Om looked like a team who had been reading about how great they were and thought all they had to do was show up to win. I would also rather win ugly over losing pretty but my gosh it was ugly. I certainly hope this was a eye opener and next week is better.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Vandy played one hell of a game!!! I agree we were not sharp, but they played lights out, with very few problems.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Georgia ran into that same vandy team. Vandy looked so much better than last year.
cajunrebel

Vandy looked decent.

Now, all I want for Xmas/my bday/Easter/Halloween/Columbus Day/Festivus is a bruising RB!!!!!!! I am way, way, way over the Jeremy Liggins experiment.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote:Vandy looked decent.

Now, all I want for Xmas/my bday/Easter/Halloween/Columbus Day/Festivus is a bruising RB!!!!!!! I am way, way, way over the Jeremy Liggins experiment.

I like it better than the Walton wildcat inside the 5.... Kincade would be a more fitting option there...
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

maybe it's time for Treadwell to throw a pass again....
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:maybe it's time for Treadwell to throw a pass again....

Ha... They will never see it coming!
cajunrebel

MageeRebel425 wrote:

I like it better than the Walton wildcat inside the 5.... Kincade would be a more fitting option there...
I completely agree with this.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

As soon as they David said he was on the field I was in complete denial. DUMB call. He was so successful in HS because he was so much bigger than everyone else. But given the chance at fullback, nope. At least, not in sec play.
I think CHF is trying to bring this kid a bit of accomplishment. But not at the expense of a game, no you should not.