Honest question for everybody...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Do you think we will ever win the SEC West or the SEC championship?

I'm dead serious. Every year I get my hopes up and feel like it's going to be different but it NEVER is.

Last night took it out of me. So disappointing. We didn't even get off the plane.

Just hard to see any light right now after last night.

Freeze playcalling is so bad at times. We have a first round pick in Treadwell and not once was he targeted down in the red zone. Just throw a jump ball for crying out loud! Let him make a play.

We are losing a lot this offseason to the draft and I really felt like this could be our magical year…after last night, hope is gone.

What say you?

Do you guys believe we will ever take that next step or are we maxed out at 8 wins?
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

We will not take the next step until we add more depth to the offensive line . Guys playing out of position when starters are out is obviously not working.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Several of our coaches have no business being here. Need a new OC, oline coach, and several defensive coaches. Our dine gets no pressure, much less a sack. The LB's play is horrible. And the DB 's forgot how to turn around and see the ball. Guess we'll see if Freeze has what it takes to be a successful HC.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
cajunrebel

Not until we get serious about firing people. It's a business not a loyalty contest. Does Saban have problems bringing in new blood? Never. He sees the big picture. CHF and Cutcliffe, etc do not. Bjork needs to have a come to Jesus moment with the staff.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Thought the same thing earlier. I think Florida will represent the East in the ship, not saying that makes what happens Saturday ok, but IFFFFFF we could get Tunsil and Tony Conner back I think we would have a shot because I dont think LSU is very good... They get Florida in a couple of weeks... They are a one trick pony... Granted he is very good, but not sold on them in any facet outside of Leonard Fornette.. A&M is improved, but aren't dominant by any stretch.. State isn't very good outside of Dak.. Arkansas is hot or cold.. Auburn might steam roll us, but they leave a lot to be desired... Who knows, but if its not this year it wont be happening any time soon.. O line was the question mark going in, still the major issue...
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

With the way we played against Vandy and Florida, I am honestly worried about getting to 6 wins. With Memphis' offense and our defense, that will be a difficult victory. I'm just hoping for a bowl game now.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebnPhilly wrote:With the way we played against Vandy and Florida, I am honestly worried about getting to 6 wins. With Memphis' offense and our defense, that will be a difficult victory. I'm just hoping for a bowl game now.

Chill out... It depends on injuries and suspensions... If Tunsil gets cleared, and Conner makes a full recovery those are arguably the 2 best players at their positions in the entire country.. That makes a world of difference... We can't get too caught up in the moment... We were not world beaters when we blew out two bad teams a couple of weeks ago, and we aren't bottom of the barrel after laying an egg in Gainsville... If Tunsil is not back for Memphis, I will join you with the sky falling, but as of right now, no thanks...
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MageeRebel425 wrote:
RebnPhilly wrote:With the way we played against Vandy and Florida, I am honestly worried about getting to 6 wins. With Memphis' offense and our defense, that will be a difficult victory. I'm just hoping for a bowl game now.

Chill out... It depends on injuries and suspensions... If Tunsil gets cleared, and Conner makes a full recovery those are arguably the 2 best players at their positions in the entire country.. That makes a world of difference... We can't get too caught up in the moment... We were not world beaters when we blew out two bad teams a couple of weeks ago, and we aren't bottom of the barrel after laying an egg in Gainsville... If Tunsil is not back for Memphis, I will join you with the sky falling, but as of right now, no thanks...
I am not usually "the sky is falling type" but after what happened last year, my "oh *beep*" meter is red lining.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The rest of the season is going to hinge on one thing. If they show up and play like their lives depend on it they will be fine. If they continue to think all they have to do is show up it is going to get ugly. The Florida game may actually help in the long run. Yes, it was painful to watch but I think most here really knew that we didn't deserve to be 3rd in the nation after the Alabama game. I can see this team going 9-3 to 7-5 depending on how they approach the games and how they hold up health wise. A few watched OM play against a couple of teams that didn't need to be on the schedule and started letting their imagination run wild. The O line is still very thin especially with the injuries and no QB can throw it running backwards or on his butt. Showing up and laying it on the line game in and game out is the only way they will be successful. A lot of teams really bring it when faced with adversity but you also have to be able to handle prosperity. One week they were on the cover of Sports Illustrated and had the world by the coattails. I'm sure it was easy for them to start believing the hype. Maybe now they can refocus and understand it isn't going to be easy or handed to them. OM needs to regroup and get ready for the gauntlet that is coming after the NM game. It is going to be brutal but there isn't anyone on the schedule that they cannot beat if they play well. On the flip side no game is a automatic win either. Tiger high doesn't have the defense of any of the SEC teams including Vandy. OM should win that one fairly easy.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

They have to want it
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

Get our o-line back (Tunsil, Bell, etc), plus Tony on D and we will run the table.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

carl winslow wrote:Get our o-line back (Tunsil, Bell, etc), plus Tony on D and we will run the table.
Hope you are right
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

carl winslow wrote:Get our o-line back (Tunsil, Bell, etc), plus Tony on D and we will run the table.

I don't think it is a stretch... We would probably be favorites in every one...
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

And the hits just keep on coming. CJ posted on Facebook this morning that he is having an undisclosed surgery. Many are speculating he will have his knee scoped. More info coming today from Freeze in his Tuesday presser. My Oh Shat meter is close to red lining again.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Tore his meniscus. Rebel luck, you can always count on it. Hopefully the junior and/or senior that takes his place are ready to go. The junior already has played some pretty good ball, but who knows?
Chad's got to get his head out of the clouds, the O-line has to play a lot better, the running game needs to develop anything and thus and so on.
This weekend should be a breather. But Mempho Town isn't looking like world beaters either. But they are looking inhospitable. They will try their ever loving best to slobber knock this team, you better know it. They will not be a pushover, if they can help it.
In the famous words of Smokey and the Bandit, "We got a long way to go, and a short time to get there."