Punt Returns

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Two issues today:
1. We keep rushing 8-9 against a rugby style kicker whom we're not going to get to. Leaves no one to block coverage men.
2. Carlos Davis risk/reward isn't worth it. He puts ball on the ground too much.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
cajunrebel

I tried to suit up today to help our punt return team. All I would have had to do was fall on the ball each time and I would have saved us 20-50 yards of roll. Our section was dying watching those plays unfold. We also dubbed the game the "screen pass bowl." We have a poop load of things to work on. We are not ready to play the other big boys right now.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CrossroadsReb wrote:Two issues today:
1. We keep rushing 8-9 against a rugby style kicker whom we're not going to get to. Leaves no one to block coverage men.
2. Carlos Davis risk/reward isn't worth it. He puts ball on the ground too much.

Unless you have an electric returner or a guy with insanely steady hands, I prefer to not to even field punts. The object of defense is to get the ball back for the offense. When you reach that goal, only to muff punts and flip field position, it can get you beat.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

cajunrebel wrote:I tried to suit up today to help our punt return team. All I would have had to do was fall on the ball each time and I would have saved us 20-50 yards of roll. Our section was dying watching those plays unfold. We also dubbed the game the "screen pass bowl." We have a poop load of things to work on. We are not ready to play the other big boys right now.

CajunRebel, glad you got to attend the game!!! Hope you and your daughter has a great day!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
cajunrebel

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:I tried to suit up today to help our punt return team. All I would have had to do was fall on the ball each time and I would have saved us 20-50 yards of roll. Our section was dying watching those plays unfold. We also dubbed the game the "screen pass bowl." We have a poop load of things to work on. We are not ready to play the other big boys right now.

CajunRebel, glad you got to attend the game!!! Hope you and your daughter has a great day!!

We had a great time and everyone around us made sure that my Anna had a great experience. I love the Ole Miss family. She's already asked if she can skip her soccer to come back for the A&M game. I think we have another Rebel for life in her.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

cajunrebel wrote:We also dubbed the game the "screen pass bowl."
funny you say that - if anybody watched the game on TV, I am sure you heard Jim Kelly in the booth talking about not throwing 50 bubble screens with an arm like Chad has.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CMB wrote:
funny you say that - if anybody watched the game on TV, I am sure you heard Jim Kelly in the booth talking about not throwing 50 bubble screens with an arm like Chad has.
Totally agree with that. I didn't see the game this weekend. I was in Gatlinburg with the family.

Could have something to do wth Freeze not trusting the OL to block long enough for downfield throws? I don't know. I'm tired of the screen passes, too, though.
Some Random Dude
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

CMB wrote:
Yep, he must have said it 4-5 times during the time he was in the booth. I think everyone pretty much agrees with him.