Okay , let's talk Memphis

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

First things first , I would like everyone who is a member of this board that reads this thread to chime in with your opinion on what I'm about to ask . I've been concerned about this board for awhile because it seems like it's dying . There only seems to be 5-10 posters that post here now and we need more interaction if we're to keep this board alive. Anyways , what do you guys think of the Memphis game now ? I think it's going to be a very tough road game ....one that will probably be an offensive shootout . Memphis didn't play this week so they're going to be well rested and as we know they will treat this game like the super bowl . This is their be all , end all game . If we don't treat this game the same we will get beat . Period . So what do you guys think the final score will be ?

Ole miss -45
Memphis -35
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Memphis is very improved... I like your prediction for the score.
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We hit their qb ever play we win. He is good so we have to have a pass rush. Our dbs will have their hands full cause they run very good routes. On offense we are way faster. Just don't turn it over.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Living here in tiger high country, all I can say is we better win. Freeze wanted this game, and he got it. Now, don't *beep* up. This will be the best QB we face all year. Better win.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

If we do not win against Memphis, it will be a long long long rest of the season.
US: 31
Them 17
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If we don't turn the ball over against Memphis, we win. Their defense should not be able to handle us, without our help. We will have to score in the 40s to win this game because I don't think our defense will be able to shutdown their very good offense. I see a 45-38 type score.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I also think we win if we take care of the ball and actually play. You could see during the Vandy game that they were just going thru the motions. It bit them in the Florida game and the beginning of the NMS game wasn't stellar. Ole Miss is a better team than Memphis IF they show up ready to play. Their defense is no where close to what the SEC offers week in and week out. Yes, Memphis will always give OM their best shot but the talent level should make the outcome inevitable. Can Memphis beat OM. Sure, it's possible but only if OM helps by making mistakes. I think it is at least a two score game. I'm going to say 41-27 OM.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Agree with all the above. We are IT for Memphis...their only natural rival (can't count UT because Memphis has never been able to compete with them). Therefore, we'll get their best, plus a lot of gadgets thrown our way. This game concerned me before the season, and in light of all the other factors that have come to light, I don't feel any better now. Turnover/red zone blunder-free, we win by two TDs. If those two factors rear their ugly heads, we drop a close one.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

hope LT is back
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

hope we don't have matching hats on this year, killed Bo's reads Image
one of Flop's sons
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

If we were any other SEC west team we win by 3 scores however Memphis is good offensively and they will be up like no other game this season. We win by a field goal. I really hope and pray we win.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebels will cover, win by 10. We have the skill players.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We're lucky and Memphis is a decent team so it should help SOS. But, I still say there is absolutely no reason to play this team. I know we agreed to play them in football so they would play us in basketball. That basketball program is nowhere near as good as it used to be. I hope Bjork thinks long and hard before talking to them again.

And the fact that they could beat us is real. Unlikely, but more possible now than a few years ago when we signed this deal and everyone argued it's merits then.
Some Random Dude
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

We saw the potential this team has in Tuscaloosa. We also saw the other side of that potential against Vandy and Florida. Memphis will get up for this game like no other game on their schedule. With that said, if both teams play their best game, we will win...easily. If we come out with our heads up our rear ends like we did against Vandy it will be a looooong game.
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I don't bet, but if I did, I'd take the over on this game no matter what. I agree with JRebel, I just think he's a little low on his scores. This is going to be a high scoring game!!
Ole Miss 60
Memphis 49
-----
Go Rebs!!